Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Good start this week 68 (2 under) joint 25th

I forgot he was playing. With all the focus on Portstewart, the Greenbriar is a bit of a sideshow from here. Hope he can keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

First Up wrote: »
    I forgot he was playing. With all the focus on Portstewart, the Greenbriar is a bit of a sideshow from here. Hope he can keep it up.

Funny an invite for the Irish Open couldn't be wrangled this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭abff

Quintis wrote: »
    Funny an invite for the Irish Open couldn't be wrangled this week...

Maybe he didn't look for one? Holding onto his PGA card must (or should) be his main priority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

abff wrote: »
    Maybe he didn't look for one? Holding onto his PGA card must (or should) be his main priority.

As he said on twitter he can't afford to miss events on PGA Tour

AGC wrote:
    As he said on twitter he can't afford to miss events on PGA Tour

That's fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Made cut again this week at 2 under, mostly US players in this comp, only 13 non US in the 81 that made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

15 out of 21 cuts made for Power, with 6 top 30 finishes. His highest finish is 21st. Down in a lowly 142nd in the Fedex Cup rankings. Needs some top 20 finishes or a top 10 to really make an impression on his ranking.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Biggest issue for Seamus now is he only has 3 tournaments left to get the points. It's important that he stays inside the top 150 as the category 125 to 150 will get him some tournaments next year and he will also get a shot at a card for next year through the web.com tour finals as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

His weekend scoring average wasn't good up until his 66/67 this weekend so hopefully that gives him confidence over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I know the big guns are elsewhere, but great start to this week. -5 after 9

• Advertisement

I know the big guns are elsewhere, but great start to this week. -5 after 9

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Great round today, currently in the clubhouse T6th

fullstop wrote:
    Great round today, currently in the clubhouse T6th

He will probably be around 20th at the end of the day but -7 a great round.

Another 5 or 6 under today should be enough for his best finish of the year. Does anyone know if the FedEx cup points available today are the same as any other regular tournament?

Another 5 or 6 under today should be enough for his best finish of the year. Does anyone know if the FedEx cup points available today are the same as any other regular tournament?

I'd assume it's weighted towards the Open, but it's still a counting event so hopefully a good round today will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Only 300 points available this week versus the usual 500 for the winner and pro-rats down the line.

Good final round of 69 to finish joint 18th, a very good week.

Finished tied 18th (with 8 others) after a 2 under round today.

Respectable but he'll need better than that to keep gis card

Good start in Canadian Open, 4 under 68 , 3 behind leaders (Shane Lowry had a 69)

Good start in Canadian Open, 4 under 68 , 3 behind leaders (Shane Lowry had a 69)

Over a hundred players under par so they will need to keep it up. G Mac in some bother at +2.

• Advertisement

He's in T7 at present going along extremely nicely. The only thing is a T7 finish would only move him up 13 places in the Fedex cup rankings. The guy is really consistent, and I reckon if he gets his card this year he could clean up in the coming years. Are the rankings in the US more heavily weighted towards very high finishes?

Power is actually 50th in scoring average for the season so far with 70.554 strokes per round. That's better than Jason Day (54th in Fedex C).

He's 66th in Putting SG.
    108th in 3-putt avoidance
    17th in putts per round
    76th in Putts made distance

37th in driving distance
    182nd in driving accuracy
    124th in SG off the tee
    73rd in SG Tee to Green

120th in GIR
    95th in Green or fringe in regulation

50th in SG around the green
    41st in sand saves
    17th in scrambling

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Flying it today,6 under for the round with 2 to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Amora High Bayonet

Joint 4th currently in live play (-16) on 16th, but it's a cramped leaderboard with a few still in early play, and likely to steam roll into -20 scores.
    Probably won't see the early price of 125/1 next time out.

My son is following him around out there, says he was unlucky with a few putts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Amora High Bayonet

My son is following him around out there, says he was unlucky with a few putts.

17th_Tee_Oakville.jpg

That's actually a very well composed photo, you might be able to sell the hi-res version (raw) version of it to one of the papers, just needs a polarizing filter on the blue sky.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Shame about 17 but great round. Projected 124 on FedEx right now but will drop down over the next hour

I'd say he will be happy with joint 10th with 3 others, a good pay day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭big_drive

How much was that finish worth?

• Advertisement

big_drive wrote: »
    How much was that finish worth?

$144,000 (US I assume) and 68 points.

Advertisement