Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

cros13 wrote: »

It be gone

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

KCross wrote: »
    Ok, not required then.

However, cros13 has given you a very good option above. The Tekna gives you leather(and other "stuff") which is very useful for all those kids! Thats what I have.

And you get the 6.6kW as a bonus and its in budget.... sounds like a win-win.

Oh, I should say it will be the highest spec so Teckna all the way, when you're bringing in a car, bring it in on high spec is my motto, my CRV is loaded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

slave1 wrote:
    up the North, Acenta model with 44.5k miles, should get for in or around €10k if you pick it up yourself, no mention of battery flex

That one is sold. Tried to buy it last Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Could anyone give any insight into importing an EV from the north? Is it the same procedure as any imported car or is there somespecial considerations in place? Was looking at a few reanault Zoe's and prices are much better up there it seems even with the good exchange rates at the moment.
    As far as I know there's no VRT charge but I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Could anyone give any insight into importing an EV from the north? Is it the same procedure as any imported car or is there somespecial considerations in place? Was looking at a few reanault Zoe's and prices are much better up there it seems even with the good exchange rates at the moment.
    Same as importing from mainland UK afaik, just the bargains aren't there tbh. Of you can go to the UK you'd be better off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Battery lease's on the Zoe

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

s.welstead wrote: »
    Battery lease's on the Zoe

Ya that's what kills the Zoe for me for he most part, saw one Zoe for 5700 pounds on done deal pounds and my mouth dropped but really I think the leaf is the way to go so will hold out for another while yet

2013 Acenta with 6.6kW and two charge cables, 16k miles, private sale, £8,200 asking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

slave1 wrote: »
    2013 Acenta with 6.6kW and two charge cables, 16k miles, private sale, £8,200 asking

If it's a gen 1.5 (very late 2013), then it's not so bad - although I'd still think that there's more to be shaved off that price. That said, I have to qualify that by saying that prices seemed to have increased a tad on used Leafs in the UK since I bought (August 16) - in spite of improved GBP fx rate.

There's a 6.6kW gen 1.5 2013 Tekna advertised as private seller with £6,660 asking price. Higher mileage but if you run leafspy on the battery, then it's definitely worth checking out.

(Autotrader url links don't seem to work - so run a manual search for it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

.there's a 15 fast charge irish one on donedeal for 13950

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-6-6kw-fast-charge-nct-02-19/14512998

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Bigus wrote: »

Looks like an XE model. Not one I'd go for at that price.

If it's a gen 1.5 (very late 2013), then it's not so bad - although I'd still think that there's more to be shaved off that price. That said, I have to qualify that by saying that prices seemed to have increased a tad on used Leafs in the UK since I bought (August 16) - in spite of improved GBP fx rate.

There's a 6.6kW gen 1.5 2013 Tekna advertised as private seller with £6,660 asking price. Higher mileage but if you run leafspy on the battery, then it's definitely worth checking out.

(Autotrader url links don't seem to work - so run a manual search for it).

That price is ex VAT (even though it's a private seller?!) so £7,992 asking with 57,670miles and 12bars, wouldn't go for it myself but then again this thread is for an EV I'm not buying

Looks like an XE model. Not one I'd go for at that price.

It's fairly young and has the fast charge , and irish supplied new which may improve wattanrty issues with Nissan Ireland.

Bigus wrote: »
    It's fairly young and has the fast charge , and irish supplied new which may improve wattanrty issues with Nissan Ireland.

Why would Nissan Ireland have warranty issues with a UK import?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

That price is ex VAT (even though it's a private seller?!) so £7,992 asking with 57,670miles and 12bars, wouldn't go for it myself but then again this thread is for an EV I'm not buying

Fair point on the ex VAT price - missed that. (p.s. no point in posting direct links to autotrader - they don't work). IF the battery check panned out well, it's not a bad buy as such - but I don't think I'd be happy without it being discounted back down to £7000.

Never realised AutoTrader links don't work, here's a workaround

and here's the one I tried to link to earlier...

Why would Nissan Ireland have warranty issues with a UK import?

It's being qouted as an issue , either on this forum or EV Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Surely there is a pan European warranty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

k123456 wrote: »

There is, there shouldnt be any issue whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

k123456 wrote: »

Supposed to be. I haven't heard of any issues bar two cases of damage to connectors etc caused by misuse.

2015 Acenta+, 8,000miles, £12k, Belfast

2015 Acenta+, 8,000miles, £12k, Belfast

Only one slight problem with that one. If it's Acenta+ why doesn't it have the special 17" acenta+ alloys? It should also include both the 3-pin granny cable and the Type 2 to Type 1 public charging cable.

I suspect it's just a 6.6kW charger equipped Acenta incorrectly advertised. But it could be good leverage in negotiations.

There's nothing to stop anyone selling their Leaf and keeping a cable, or cable lost/stolen etc

Oh sure... but the alloys are a dead giveaway that it's an Acenta and not an Acenta+.

The Acenta+ is a fourth trim level in the UK between Acenta and Tekna bundling the most popular options and the spiffy 17" trim specific alloys.

There's no equivalent trim in Ireland.

134791_10_5-750x541.jpg

Interesting, ex demo, stickers covered white 30kW Acenta, close to VAT mileage but that can be overcome, £15.5k, prices falling for 30kW's...

https://speakev.com/threads/nissan-leaf-acenta-65-reg-24kwh-6-6kw-battery-bought.20215/

152 24kWh Acenta+
    6.6kW charger and both charging cables.
    4000 miles
    £11k

Interesting, ex demo, stickers covered , close to VAT mileage but that can be overcome, £15.5k, prices falling for 30kW's...

As a matter of interest, do those stickers come off clean with no shading issues between the parts of the paint that were and were not covered, particularly since the car probably has those stickers for a year now?.... surely there would be shading issues when they are taken off?

Anyone know?

• Advertisement

https://speakev.com/threads/nissan-leaf-acenta-65-reg-24kwh-6-6kw-battery-bought.20215/

152 24kWh Acenta+
    6.6kW charger and both charging cables.
    4000 miles
    £11k

I've been following that sale for a while, this is the first time he has budged on price, he took it down off Autotrader last week so I thought it was sold.
    In any case it's overpriced, there's a nicer colour (subjective) grey with an asking of £10.8k, same model, pretty much the same mileage and with Nissan Cared 4 warranty and coverage although it does not have two cables (I phoned).
    He can't sell at that price when dealer cheaper (ignoring the cable) with warranty comeback, free servicing for two years etc.
    He needs to drop to £10k minimum and then would be doing well.

Advertisement