Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

20% of Amazon Warehouse Deals

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Sale and supply of goods act 1980 you are covered under even if its 2nd hand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I bought a hisense tv in nov 16 and it went faulty in october, no hassle refund, same with an airfryer last week. Just be prepared, it's not perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

:(

"Do products sold on Amazon Warehouse come with a warranty?
    No. Used products generally do not come with a manufacturer's warranty but all of our items are backed by Amazon’s standard 30-day return policy."

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000656811

Will you stand other people purchases if amazon don't accept them outside 30 days?

no problem, how many people do you need to tell you before you believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

sweetie wrote: »
    no problem, how many people do you need to tell you before you believe?

Just Amazon, You'd swear I was trying to poison someone here!
    Heaven forbid people be wary with their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Picked up a Mavic Air flymore combo for 670 in Like New condition. 1100 in Harvey Norman. Crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

Seems to be some people working overtime trying to nay say Amazon deals. I wouldn't mind if they were in any way correct in what they were saying, but they're not. It's misleading. Eg copying from Amazon.COM site applying it to EU bought stuff.

Statutory covers the warranty angle even if Amazon don't (buy they do) and their 30 day returns policy is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

sweetie wrote: »
    that's the US site

anyone notice its 20% off the pre-tax price? Pretty sure it wasn't that way in the past.

What are you on about?

Buy something for 100 without tax take off 20% it's 80 then add 23% tax it's 98.40.

Buy something for 123 with tax included take off 20% discount it's 98.40.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Its great for things like toys where its very clear from day 1 if there's an issue with it or not

I still chance my arm with some electronics, but I have had to send a couple of things back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Only bought one item from warehouse before - and it was faulty - a printer that arrived with all the ink and drums removed then reboxed - but they were super good and paid for the return and so I would try again...

Very stressful though looking through all the junk and seeing things you might want in the search only to see them unavailable or higher price when you click on them..

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

Certain items I am comfortable buying from the Warehouse. Other items I wouldn't.

You need to make the judgement call yourself... is it the type of item which takes more than 30 days to know if it's working or not? Is it the type of item which might develop trouble a few months down the line - eg computer hard-drive - in which case you need to weigh up the saving versus lack of manufacturer warranty. Sometimes the savings are not really that great.
    You get a year warranty with anything expensive

I think it was over £20 they said

I only asked the other day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭baldshin

Just to add my 2 cents to the warranty debate- I buy a LOT of my stuff from the Warehouse. I've so far had very few issues with anything, but when I have, customer support have always offered a beneficial solution- sometimes replace the item with a new one, sometimes refund a good portion of the purchase amount, sometimes a full refund! I bought an Xbox One Fifa bundle 2 years ago which said the code for Fifa was in the box, When I got it, the code was nowhere to be found. This was an older version of Fifa than what was out at the time and they refunded about €30 (game was only really worth a fiver max). They also failed to deliver a vinyl I bought (for £12), and refunded me the total and also credited my account with £6 as an apology. I would wholeheartedly recommend using the warehouse.

Thomyokk wrote: »
    You get a year warranty with anything expensive

I think it was over £20 they said

I only asked the other day
    That's reassuring but as mentioned by someone else i'd like to see that in the T&C rather than a chat session.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Cheers op saved me an extra €165 on a Note 9 through warehouse deals Amazon FR

Do you know if Samsung would entertain warranty claims if bought second hand off Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Do you know if Samsung would entertain warranty claims if bought second hand off Amazon?

Do they if you buy it in a car boot sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Thanks OP great heads up that I'd have missed otherwise.

You do however need to know/check the full non warehouse price before you commit.

I found some of the tools I was looking out were cheaper new than they were from the warehouse making the Amazon warehouse 20% off deal worth less than 20%.

Edit> Tried .de and found almost identical item more than a tenner cheaper making the discount even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,909 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

you are comparing Amazon Warehouse to a car boot sale !! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Any tips on getting a good deal on a phone from the warehouse - like which country to buy from or a good url to start the search from - preferably an unlocked Samsung Galaxy 8...
    Thanks...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

I have bought many items through warehouse deals over the years and never regretted it.

A few issues were always resolved quickly and to my satisfaction. On the last occasion I bought an i-phone for my daughter which developed a fault after 14 months. They transferred the cost back to my account as soon as they received the faulty phone.

Great customer service with UK/DE first time with FR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

At the bottom of the Warehouse Deals page:

"Are all purchases guaranteed?

All of our products are backed by Amazon's satisfaction guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with the product for any reason, you can return the item in accordance with Amazon's Returns Policy.
    Due to the unique nature of each Amazon Warehouse Deals item, we unfortunately will be unable to replace any item.

Do products come with a warranty?

No. Used products generally do not come with a manufacturer's warranty but all of our items are backed by Amazon’s satisfaction guarantee.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Warehouse-Deals/b?ie=UTF8&node=3581866031

Returns policy
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=1161002

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

chasm wrote: »
    No. Used products generally do not come with a manufacturer's warranty but all of our items are backed by Amazon’s satisfaction guarantee.

Very few, if any, used goods will come with a manufacturers warranty (unless sold directly by them as 'refurbished' or something). You are covered under Amazon's own policies, and indeed Sale of Goods protection too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

Inviere wrote: »
    Very few, if any, used goods will come with a manufacturers warranty (unless sold directly by them as 'refurbished' or something). You are covered under Amazon's own policies, and indeed Sale of Goods protection too.

Yeah, I thought i would post the links so posters would be aware that they are covered.
    I've used AW quite a bit over the last couple of years, had some great bargains and only had to return one item,which was very straightforward. A lack of warranty wouldn't bother me as i know i'm covered :) I'm surprised how many people think they are not covered once a 12 month warranty runs out as well, but that's a whole new other thread lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

baldshin wrote:
    Just to add my 2 cents to the warranty debate- I buy a LOT of my stuff from the Warehouse. I've so far had very few issues with anything, but when I have, customer support have always offered a beneficial solution- sometimes replace the item with a new one, sometimes refund a good portion of the purchase amount, sometimes a full refund! I bought an Xbox One Fifa bundle 2 years ago which said the code for Fifa was in the box, When I got it, the code was nowhere to be found. This was an older version of Fifa than what was out at the time and they refunded about €30 (game was only really worth a fiver max). They also failed to deliver a vinyl I bought (for £12), and refunded me the total and also credited my account with £6 as an apology. I would wholeheartedly recommend using the warehouse.

They just refund dont replace any warehouse items...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

xckjoo wrote: »
    Might have been a slight overstatement but I still think it's primarily true. If all you care about is cost and don't need to worry about time or effort (if an issue arises) then Amazon Warehouse is probably fine.

No effort with Amazon.
    Bought a TV in July. Screen cracked last night putting it on a wall mount. Amazon replaced it no quibble.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Chavways wrote: »
    Picked up a Mavic Air flymore combo for 670 in Like New condition. 1100 in Harvey Norman. Crazy!

Mavic Airfryer combo... now that would be worth 670!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I got the Fitbit charge 2 like new €66 nice one.

Christmas present for the wife sorted :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Threads Merged

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Seems like a decent deal on the Sony WH-CH700N Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Headphones when you take the further 20% into account:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-WH-CH700N-Wireless-Cancelling-Headphones-Grey/dp/B078VG82P4/ref=sr_1_24?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1542656655&sr=1-24

THink they're at an all time low if you buy new and this works out at almost a further £20 less.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Give it a rest now, eh?

People are covered if they buy from Amazon Warehouse. End of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

mad muffin wrote: »
    I got the Fitbit charge 2 like new €66 nice one.

Christmas present for the wife sorted :D

Is it a hint to lose a bit of timber?

Advertisement