Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S9/9+

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just got an email from CPW. Preorder before March 7th and get the phone a week early.
    €50 deposit required. Pre-orders placed before 07/03/18 can collect the device 7 days early on 09/03/2018. Pre-orders after 07/03/18 and before 14/03/2018 will be fulfilled on launch, 16/03/2018.

No final price yet (which I would have thought would be important for an offer like this).

https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/samsung-galaxy-s9-pre-order

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Good few hands on videos out now. Looks great...!

https://youtu.be/J83sZrz9XTc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Grateful Dread

Official intro video. Looks a nice piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Sim free price over here is £869 though they're doing deals giving an extra £100 on top of the trade-in price of my S7, so I could pick the plus up for £600, which is very tempting.

• Advertisement

I didn't realise the plus had 128GB of RAM either, which is cool

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

SuprSi wrote: »

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

SuprSi wrote: »

lertsnim wrote: »
    :eek:

Haha! that would be one expensive and massive phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭butrasgali

S8 with 3 will cost me 300 euro to upgrade next week.. how much will the s9 cost..on a 45 euro a month contract??

Ah, haha just realised my mistake - 128GB memory, not RAM. D'oh!! :p

• Advertisement

Only prices I’ve seen for contract are with Eir:
    349 and 449 for the plus on 55e pm contract, which seems high.

Edit: Just checked VF:

9+
    629e (40e plan); 399e (60e plan); 199 (80e plan)

529e (40e plan); 299e (60e plan); 99 (80e plan)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I'm currently on a bundle with Eir for 110euro which includes SIM-only mobile. I was just talking to them there and if I wanted to get a S9+ through them, my bundle would change to 145 for 6 months, then 165 for the remaining 18 months. That's a difference of 1170 plus the 449 for the handset = 1619.

I said it'd be cheaper for me to buy the phone SIM free and just keep my existing bundle price.

He didn't really get what I was saying and tried to offer me an S7 instead :rolleyes:

So, anyone know where usually is the best place to buy SIM free phones? :D

They're on Amazon.de for 849. The Plus model is 949.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Don't see a good enough reason for me to change my S8 for this but it looks like an absolute beauty of a phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Any sign of Samsung running the "Samsung upgrade" program here?

https://shop.samsung.com/uk/samsung-upgrade/

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

There are some reports of 128GB in the S9+ but the phone on the review sites and Vodafone etc only lists 64GB. Is there 2 versions of the S9+, one with 64GB and one with 128GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

LFCFan wrote: »
    There are some reports of 128GB in the S9+ but the phone on the review sites and Vodafone etc only lists 64GB. Is there 2 versions of the S9+, one with 64GB and one with 128GB?

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s9+-8967.php

Lists a 256gb version as well. Doesn't surprise me Vodafone would only stock the 64gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s9-8966.php

64/128/256 on GSMArena for the standard S9 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I'm so excited, just ordered the S9+ in Lilac Purple, be a huge change coming from the S6 :)

Vahevala wrote: »
    I'm so excited, just ordered the S9+ in Lilac Purple, be a huge change coming from the S6 :)

Which network, price etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

What is the best deal for these? Probably going to pick one up, I am on vodafone bill pay so my plan is to see if there is a partial upgrade available. Anyone know if they come in dual sim? Or if you can trade in old phone for a discount? Iphone 6+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

VF are offering a Screen Replacement and Samsung case free with Pre Orders

kokiyou wrote: »
    What is the best deal for these? Probably going to pick one up, I am on vodafone bill pay so my plan is to see if there is a partial upgrade available. Anyone know if they come in dual sim? Or if you can trade in old phone for a discount? Iphone 6+

As far as I remember there's no trade-in with VF. Partial upgrade is very little off the value of the phone.

I remember them telling me I could get the S8 for 750e on an early upgrade when it came out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Testament1

The one area where Samsung has always fallen on its arse is audio, any indications they've improved that here?

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

kokiyou wrote: »
    I was offered €210 for my S7 edge on trade in with Vodafone so they definitely do trade ins now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Testament1 wrote: »
    The one area where Samsung has always fallen on its arse is audio, any indications they've improved that here?

Uses the earpiece to create stereo and is supposedly 40% louder than the S8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Which network, price etc?

Vodafone, I paid €399 on a 60 euro plan, comes with free case & screen replacement. I will get it the 9th March. Vodafone is the only network for me, the others don't really work where I live. Vodafone are offering me for my S6 flat €165 so they have done trade in's for quite some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Can't get to grips that the S9 is cheaper in Harvey Norman that the S8 :confused::confused:

The S9 is on preorder for 869 euro. They are also selling the S8 for 899 euro. Strange one.

Advertisement