Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭corks finest

honda boi wrote: »
    bromley52 wrote: »
    Make sure that you are put through to the NI PAYG sales team as I kept being sent to the bill pay team. They are in the same building as the person who answers the phone.

Got though to NI person. Think she's new as she kept having to look stuff up. :p
    Signed up,top up €20 a month for 15gb,unlimited texts. €15 of that top up for unlimited calls.
    Although she said I don't get a free month. Worth a call or email to someone now or when the sim arrives?
    It'll come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

I was told that tethering is allowed (No charge) on this plan. Can anyone confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

for the free month I think you have to be a returning customer.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

bromley52 wrote: »
    I was told that tethering is allowed (No charge) on this plan. Can anyone confirm this?

You can tether on the Live APN at no extra charge but not every handset will allow you to do this. iPhones force all tethering onto the HS APN which is charged for at a hefty 10c/MB and there is also an issue with handsets on the latest version of Android Oreo.

In the case of Android, make sure the Live APN is the only one on your phone and try to delete any other you come across. Also test by tethering a small bit of data first to make sure you're not being charged.

If you run into issues on Android, you can download a third-party tethering app on the Play Store to get around charges.

Also to add, if you're a light talker (and/or, like me, make calls through WhatsApp whenever possible), you can get a 100 minute any-network add-on for a fiver and keep more of your credit to use on other things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Anyone one already on Vodafone pay as go manage to change over to this.
    Have rang the number twice and keep getting passed over to pay and go customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭septicsac

Forgot to check, is 4g data available on this plan? Do you have to change apn etc when changing from another network?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

septicsac wrote: »
    Forgot to check, is 4g data available on this plan? Do you have to change apn etc when changing from another network?

It's full 4g and once pop in sim work away

4G is available but their system needs to refresh for a new number to get it. If you ring customer care they will do a manual refresh. When you put the Vodafone SIM into the phone all the required settings will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Quackster wrote: »
    Also to add, if you're a light talker (and/or, like me, make calls through WhatsApp whenever possible), you can get a 100 minute any-network add-on for a fiver and keep more of your credit to use on other things.

Thatd be better for me.
    What else can you spend credit on besides Spotify?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Ok, gave out about VF in this thread earlier today cos they wanted me to go through the sales process again, but now only about 24 hrs since signing up I have the sim card and it's all ported over. That's impressive given that the sales person yesterday told me it would likely not happen until next week.

honda boi wrote: »
    Thatd be better for me.
    What else can you spend credit on besides Spotify?

You can buy talk (domestic or international), text & data add-ons, Spotify & Sky Sports Mobile subscriptions and buy things from the Google Play Store (apps, music, movies, books, various subscriptions) using your credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Genghis

Couple of quick questions. I am with eir on a PAYG plan. eir have an automated way so the monthly top up just recurs. They also auto renew the package with a text to ensure you have enough balance. Very handy, never forget and plan always rolls over.

Have VF anything similar? Or do you need to remember 1) to top up and then 2) remember to buy the calls package?

Second question: does this plan have roaming same as home in EU/EEA as would be on other VF plans?

Yes

Yes
    Ref 4g,I changed nothing coming from tesco

Genghis wrote: »
    Couple of quick questions. I am with eir on a PAYG plan. eir have an automated way so the monthly top up just recurs. They also auto renew the package with a text to ensure you have enough balance. Very handy, never forget and plan always rolls over.

Have VF anything similar? Or do you need to remember 1) to top up and then 2) remember to buy the calls package?

Second question: does this plan have roaming same as home in EU/EEA as would be on other VF plans?

You get a text a day or two before your offer expires reminding you of the expiry but if you don't renew it in advance and you're connected to mobile data when it expires, you will be charged out-of-bundle data rates (€1.99 a day minimum).

All add-ons (including calls) have to be manually purchased each month, they don't auto-renew.

In fairness though, the My Vodafone App makes it very easy to track your usage, expiry dates, buy add-ons and schedule auto-topups.

All your package and add-on allowances can be used in full when roaming in the EEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

It is worth noting that you can autoschedule top ups on vodafone.ie for every 28 days which could serve as a reminder to select add ons in a way as you'll get a text saying thanks you've topped up etc. Not ideal but still one way of never running out of data and texts at least

How do you choose the 15gb plan in the VF app? It says I have no allowances so not sure why the 15gb aren't showing. Can't see it under top up offers either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Genghis

Thanks Quackstar and Ah-watch. Not hugely different to eir so except having to remember to renew the calls top up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Can you not put a reminder into your phone?

• Advertisement

matzen wrote: »
    How do you choose the 15gb plan in the VF app? It says I have no allowances so not sure why the 15gb aren't showing. Can't see it under top up offers either.
    It can take up to 72hrs for the data user plan to become active.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

is it 28 days or 30 days - people have mentioned both further up the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

loyatemu wrote: »
    is it 28 days or 30 days - people have mentioned both further up the thread.

28days
    not per month squeezes an extra month in (13 payments a year)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

What I've learned from this…

Dial 1800 59 55 95 dial 2 and ask for mobile sales (make sure it's the Northern Irish call centre)

Request the Data User Plan, they will get all your details to port you over.

I received my SIM by a courier the following evening, as soon as that was received it takes about 24 hours to activate the port (porting doesn't take place Friday – Sunday).

I got a text from Vodafone and a few hours later my old network was gone.

I swapped out to the new SIM downloaded the Vodafone app and signed in. You won't see the plan yet.

Call Customer Service on 1747 and say you were talking to the sales rep who asked you to call them to get some credit to tie you over as it can take up to 72 hours before you can see the plan on the app.

I was given 200 texts 200 minutes and 2GB of data.

When the plans was available you top up €20 every 28 days.

You use €15 of your credit to buy the unlimited calls and texts.

You then have €5 to spend as you wish, Spotify has been mentioned as a good option.

Your full allowance of data, calls and texts are available for roaming.

*If you're on Vodafone mobile already, you could port your number to a different network and then sign up to this. If you have Vodafone BB you should be able to avail of the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

The plan is for 28 days

The optional any network calls add on for 15 euro lasts 30 days.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Still waiting for my plan to activate, got the SIM on Tuesday morning.
    However when I logged into the app I had €10 credit, then got a free 20GB Data add-on
    Anyone else have similar?

Got €8.60 and could click on a freebie offer to get 20GB. Still waiting on activation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

matzen wrote: »
    Got €8.60 and could click on a freebie offer to get 20GB. Still waiting on activation.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

I’m now on the Vodafone Sim and have full reception and I can’t login to the app.

I rang Vodafone customer service and they said I have to wait for activation of the data user sim plan.

That gave me 70 minutes, 70 texts and 700mb of data to tide me over until it’s activated.

Did anyone have any issues with the app?

• Advertisement

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Still waiting for my plan to activate, got the SIM on Tuesday morning.
    However when I logged into the app I had €10 credit, then got a free 20GB Data add-on
    Anyone else have similar?

Got the same. Still waiting to be activated on the plan. 48hrs now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement