Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

daheff wrote: »
    EU got rid of roaming charges WITHIN THE EU.

After Brexit UK wont be in EU, so Vodafone can charge roaming if they want...similar to when you roam in non-EU countries.

I'm pretty sure if you're with Vodafone Ireland Ltd they will continue to be required not charge for roaming within the EU. As far as Vodafone UK customers, yeah I'd assume they've screwed themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

jeffk wrote: »
    I got one of these calls because I was an old customer and they cold call them to get you back.

Top up by E20 for data and texts, then use E15 for calls, then E5 left over, its an old student deal from few years ago

Be prepared for hassle, I had so much messing with porting then getting the deal as it "doesn't exist"

But I think its worth it all as Vodafone is meant to be the best

Agreed. I'm on this last September but my God was there teething problems setting up. Working fine since though. Don't use the Vodafone app, the customer service reps are based in some far flung part of the world which makes it harder to resolve the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

daheff wrote: »
    EU got rid of roaming charges WITHIN THE EU.

After Brexit UK wont be in EU, so Vodafone can charge roaming if they want...similar to when you roam in non-EU countries.

However, Vodafone have said that they will likely not introduce new charges, because they have the strongest network in the UK you'd only be roaming with themselves so they can say this.

Put it this way, if the EU roaming for the UK is abolished Vodafone is in a good position to do without extra chages as a competitive advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    I recommend you check out the Eir (eir) website, and their deals, 30 day rolling contract, 15GB data and free any network calls, plus your YouTube/WhatsApp/Line/Facebook etc is free (doesn't come off your 15GB allowance). Watch YouTube vids all day every day, free.

The social allowance is 60GB/28days. Once you go over that then the likes of YouTube will come off the 15GB allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

Most/all customer care places are non Irish shall we say.

The best course of action is to find out via threads on here or social media which network has the least issues, then won't matter if there's no customer care as you won't be calling/live chat etc them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

My dad is on PAYG on 48 but is always running out of minutes. We have Vodafone at Home. Might call the sales line later and see is there anything they can do. Its my mobile number registered against the Vodafone account so I'd be waiting a while for them to ring him

• Registered Users Posts: 15 llebpmac

Have this too, very good.
    15GB is enough data for most.
    Free Texts.
    €20 credit left over.
    Buy unlimited calls add on for €15
    Buy spotify add on for €5.
    Serious Deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

llebpmac wrote: »
    Free Texts.
    €20 credit left over.
    Serious Deal!

Were you a Vodafone customer already?
    Did you contact them or visa versa?

With them as a PAYG customer for donkeys.
    They're always ringing up with "deals" but never got this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Free Texts.
    €20 credit left over.
    Serious Deal!

Wow wasn't aware of the Spotify @€;5

I'll be doing that as at moment paying double that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭corks finest

Free Texts.
    €20 credit left over.
    Serious Deal!
    Put sim in today,no free data etc yet,called c care, Egypt,,any quick way of getting your free credit? Was offered first month free,any other way of not going through Egypt etc,guy didn't fully understand what I was on about,on with him 15 m plus,head fried

• Advertisement

Put sim in today,no free data etc yet,called c care, Egypt,,any quick way of getting your free credit? Was offered first month free,any other way of not going through Egypt etc,guy didn't fully understand what I was on about,on with him 15 m plus,head fried

I had to go into a store as it's extremely difficult for them to apply.

I was fixed up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

This looks identical to the Student offer they do on-campus in October around the country where you have to show them your student card. (Not Vodafone X).

But the data is only available through the live APN.
    So you can't tether on iOS.

Would love to know if those who have this offer can tether on iOS

I forgot about Spotify add-on,might start using it with recent events

Basically it's Vodafone x deal with a Spotify option, rather then take full 20 and have to get Spotify

I forgot about Spotify add-on,might start using it with recent events

Basically it's Vodafone x deal with a Spotify option, rather then take full 20 and have to get Spotify

Is it extra to 50233

Is it extra to 50233

I just went into the app and you can buy it in there

First time so dunno if I did it right, put in your number, get pin, put in pin, then go to buy addon

Free Texts.
    €20 credit left over.
    Serious Deal!

Were you a Vodafone customer already?
    Did you contact them or visa versa?

With them as a PAYG customer for donkeys.
    They're always ringing up with "deals" but never got this offer.
    I was a former customer, they rang me to come back.

breathn wrote: »
    This looks identical to the Student offer they do on-campus in October around the country where you have to show them your student card. (Not Vodafone X).

But the data is only available through the live APN.
    So you can't tether on iOS.

Would love to know if those who have this offer can tether on iOS
    I often tether with this deal

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

I often tether with this deal

I tether all the time. I also specifically asked the rep on the phone can I tether and he said yes, tether away.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I tether all the time. I also specifically asked the rep on the phone can I tether and he said yes, tether away.

You can tether for free as long as you can select the Live APN. From what I understand, iPhones are so stupid, they force you to use the Data APN for tethering which costs 19c/MB on PAYG.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

How do you get this offer?

• Advertisement

Pocaide wrote: »
    How do you get this offer?

They usually call if you are already a customer such as the or broadband....

I got one of these calls because I was an old customer and they cold call them to get you back.

Top up by E20 for data and texts, then use E15 for calls, then E5 left over, its an old student deal from few years ago

Be prepared for hassle, I had so much messing with porting then getting the deal as it "doesn't exist"

But I think its worth it all as Vodafone is meant to be the best

Agreed. I'm on this last September but my God was there teething problems setting up. Working fine since though. Don't use the Vodafone app, the customer service reps are based in some far flung part of the world which makes it harder to resolve the issue.
    Agree, spoke to a guy in a call centre in Egypt, nightmare,spoke to an American today,got some data off her,can any local VF shop help?or do u have to ring the call centre and hope someone has English as a first language, between my Cork accent and his take on English we were Mon a loser straight away, thinking seriously of going back to Tesco mobile,was on kinsale last night,service ****e,together today,same, and then s evening in rochestown fire again,in fact Tesco was as good in all 3 places previously

Agree, spoke to a guy in a call centre in Egypt, nightmare,spoke to an American today,got some data off her,can any local VF shop help?or do u have to ring the call centre and hope someone has English as a first language, between my Cork accent and his take on English we were Mon a loser straight away, thinking seriously of going back to Tesco mobile,was on kinsale last night,service ****e,together today,same, and then s evening in rochestown fire again,in fact Tesco was as good in all 3 places previously

Try live chat, or email, or facebook or boards talk to?

ANYTHING not involving talking is worth a try for a great deal/service, but don't hold your breath, spoken or written they cant understand most of it

Try live chat, or email, or facebook or boards talk to?

ANYTHING not involving talking is worth a try for a great deal/service, but don't hold your breath, spoken or written they cant understand most of it

Thanks,excuse my spelling previously,just looking at it ,fingers too fat/fast

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Have been with Tesco for years and while they are great value, the data cover is poor

online chat told me to visit Vodafone store for more info and to activate. Anyone else get these instructions?

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Have been with Tesco for years and while they are great value, the data cover is poor

online chat told me to visit Vodafone store for more info and to activate. Anyone else get these instructions?
    No I didn't get any instructions ref add ons from VF,got advice from a guy here

No I didn't get any instructions ref add ons from VF,got advice from a guy here
    Told me it would activate within 24 hrs,and add ons would be ready within 72 hrs,got this from a call centre in Egypt

Yeah Tesco calls perfect,data crap,but VF aren't that much better ref upload

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭septicsac

Rang about this deal and was told only available in stores, must visit stores to get it......in the day of the digital age you must visit the shop

• Advertisement

septicsac wrote: »
    Rang about this deal and was told only available in stores, must visit stores to get it......in the day of the digital age you must visit the shop
    Got mine via sales ,call centre in Belfast (just received my e20 credit/free month,and an added free 20 GB of data (40gb,)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement