Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got a €30 tip from one of my tables at work tonight. I was so surprised, so nice to get it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Getting my daily challenges (Puzzles) finished in first go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

This exchange between me and my mam that just happened:

Me (pulling what is very obviously a bed sheet out of the wardrobe): is this a sheet?

My mam: no it's a ghost thats been hit by a car.

Me:........

My mam: oh you'll miss me when I'm gone!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Granny on the way to mass this morning

“Can you believe it, some people don’t give the priest their envelopes when they weren’t at mass, bunch of currs”

Lives in her own world so she does

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to Mass on a Saturday evening, so you can enjoy a lie-in on Sunday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was walking home from the shop and met three cats, two tuxedo cats and a tabby similar to poochies cat but not lucky who I met yesterday :3, none of them were interested in chatting but it made me the happy all the same to see them :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Another TH from work last night, I asked the manager if they'd have me back once I'm back from Erasmus, and he said yes :D takes a load of pressure off

Kitchen being back to normal after family dinner. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

I'm in a pet friendly apartment block. A guy had a beautiful, big husky like dog in the lift and he was being so good. A woman complimented him, asked could she pet him, and then did so when given permission. The whole encounter was just really nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Three ladies who walked away from my stall and went into the church were gone a long time..

Finally curiosity got the better of me and I crept through the gates

They were outside the church in a kind of little "holy huddle" so I crept out again

They came back to the stall with a handful of small change, asking to buy a rosary.. It was all they had on them..they were counting it , searching every pocket...

It was just so sweetly done..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Galway getting though to the All-Ireland.

I'm living in Clare, but I have Galway roots.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

TH for easy communication via whatsapp . One text and I could stop worrying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Sasha Thoughtless Bayou

Oh so much today. Had a wonderful day strolling beaches and parks with some of the older grandchildren. Their enthusiasm, curiosity, and comradery was infectious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I just got presented with a Guns n Roses t shirt that was on special offer in Penneys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭badabing106

223249,xcitefun-islamabad-mb-1000-post.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TH at the beautiful, lasting fresh smell of the Aldi laundry conditioner. (I think it's called Almat, and I get the purplish bottle)

I normally shop in Lidl, but their conditioner smells of baby vomit, so I made a point of going to Aldi to stock up on the ol' Almat. HHHHmmmmmm....FRESH !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Music. I love it so much and it makes me happy a lot. Love doing stuff like gardening or tidying or shopping with the headphones in.

Spending a lovely evening with friends.

pending... ;)

just out to feed the hens..One tried to make a bid for freedom but the squatter is on the island so until he has gone.. No idea if he has even missed them.

ANOTHER egg... 6 days I think 7 eggs

Dog is wired to the moon so we went down the lane a wee bit; me in dressing gown! Rose hips galore and plenty for me and the blackbird whose breakfast I interrupted.. A few more blackberries too and later may further afield, Stiff and sore and all but out of Nurofen+ Reward for pushing past limits.. It is very chilly out there

So a normal settled situation which has its own quiet happiness,

Waking to the distant sound of the radio, sun creeping around the curtains, someone singing and the smell of bacon frying.

• Advertisement

Knowing there is a long lazy day ahead :) and not knowing what the day will bring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

When you feel really lazy and just want to sit on the couch, but you make yourself get up to go for a quick walk, but then once you get going you realise that you're enjoying it so you end up going for an extra long one.

It's always puts me in a better mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The yellow pears in Supervalu at the moment. They're so juicy and sweet, can't stop devouring them.

The yellow pears in Supervalu at the moment. They're so juicy and sweet, can't stop devouring them.

Got a sh!tload done in the garden today,

I read that as "Got a shift in the garden today" just made me laugh:D

when I started the major reorganisation in my bedroom, the way I had the "new"tables left one with a distinct slant and it has been on my mind since, thinking it was a terrible task,,,

Amazed that it took all of 20 seconds to sort it!

Procrastination is a draining thing! And i am happy!

Took a 6km walk that went through the nearby town centre. Shops closed and the footpaths busy with people out for a walk. Lots of smiling greetings and friendly passing by.

Getting my house cleaned up again. During heatwave I hadn't the energy to do only the minimum. Today I'm pulling out beds and sofas and hoovering like mad. Time for a boards break, and another pear!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

madmaggie wrote: »
    Getting my house cleaned up again. During heatwave I hadn't the energy to do only the minimum. Today I'm pulling out beds and sofas and hoovering like mad. Time for a boards break, and another pear!

I can knit again ! During the heat my hands would get sweaty making the needles sweaty and the wool stick to them . Now it moves along nicely and I dont need a tea towel in my hand to rub the needles every two seconds !

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I can knit again ! During the heat my hands would get sweaty making the needles sweaty and the wool stick to them . Now it moves along nicely and I dont need a tea towel in my hand to rub the needles every two seconds !

Wonderful! lol!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement