Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two more victims of "unknown substance" in U.K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

Putin is untouchable in reality. He can do what he likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Every time I see this threads title I add 2 to the previous total. I'm up to 16 people affected now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

This proves 2 of 3 things.

1. It proves it was not Russia that committed the original chemical assassination attempt.

2. Russia are trying to set it up to show that it wasn't them

3. Vladimir Putin is the world's Alpha-Male.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Roger_007 wrote: »
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/major-incident-amesbury-wiltshire-man-woman-unknown-substance-police-sergei-skripal-salisbury-a8430066.html
    Two more victims of "an unknown substance" in Wiltshire.
    What's going on in Wiltshire?
    Have the Russians struck again?
    Are there any diplomats left to expel?

It prob wasn’t the russians last time either

True. And it may be these two that did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

devnull wrote: »
    All of which would suggest that it would be beneficial for the Russians to plant something there because it would help their cause.

I'm going to wait for the Russian reaction. If they start their vranyo bull**** and start blaming the Brits, I'll lean more towards viewing this as a Russian attack. In the last attack, the Russians went into high gear spreading multiple contradictory conspiracies to confuse the issue. I don't think that's happened yet.

I'm also surprised that the Baltic Russians haven't shown up yet - they're usually all over these threads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Very strange and scary, they have no connections with the whole "Spy Game" .... wtf happened here ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Very strange and scary, they have no connections with the whole "Spy Game" .... wtf happened here ???

We don't have any information except:

It was two Brits living locally around 8 miles from Salisbury.
    They were poisoned by the same verve agent as the previous two.
    They were in Queen Elizabeth Park, Salisbury on the night before they fell ill - five minutes from where the Skripals collapsed.

We really know feck all at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JimBob Gooseman

They have found the source of the Novichok in a small bottle in Charlie Rowley's home.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,701 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

They have found the source of the Novichok in a small bottle in Charlie Rowley's home.

Likely the container used (and then discarded) from the original attack

Porton Down are testing it right now to determine if it's the same batch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭AllForIt

AllForIt wrote: »
    Every time I see this threads title I add 2 to the previous total. I'm up to 16 people affected now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Dunno about you guys, but I always bring containers of sh1t back from the park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Fairly amateur stuff by those expert putin spies.

Not that I think it’s M15 anymore either. Of course the people who bombed Dublin (amongst other atrocities) wouldn’t have hesitated to kill a Russian and blame Russia but probably wouldn’t have left a container lying around either.

Could be a rogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I thought the OPCW had been called in on the original Skripals case to provide a 'neutral' investigation and report.
    We never heard anything from them. I wonder will they be called in again in the light of the latest development?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I thought the OPCW had been called in on the original Skripals case to provide a 'neutral' investigation and report.
    We never heard anything from them. I wonder will they be called in again in the light of the latest development?

They backed up assessment up.

http://www.businessinsider.com/skripal-poisoning-opcw-bolsters-uk-assessment-that-russia-to-blame-2018-4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

It’s funny how BI spun that.

Are all the news sites lying?
    The executive summary released by the OPCW does not mention Novichok by name, but states: “The results of the analysis by the OPCW designated laboratories of environmental and biomedical samples collected by the OPCW team confirms the findings of the United Kingdom relating to the identity of the toxic chemical that was used in Salisbury and severely injured three people.”
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/chemical-weapons-body-confirms-uk-findings-on-wskripals-attack-1.3458706

Are the OPCW also misrepresenting their results? :rolleyes:

https://www.opcw.org/news/article/opcw-issues-report-on-technical-assistance-requested-by-the-united-kingdom/

Experts? this is nothing compared to the murder of Litvinenko. They left a trail of Polonium everywhere; on aircraft, hotels and restaurants, a football stadium. They dumped one batch down a toilet. They took several attempts to poison Litvinenko

This is Mr Peskov's actual statement on Rowley's death - (Russia is) "deeply concerned by the continuing appearance of these poisonous substances on British territory,” which “present a danger not just for the British but for all Europeans.”"

Not a loaded statement at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

The UK media reports don't add up Charlie Rowley and Dawn Sturgess were homeless and unemployed according to some of them. But people online have done so some research and found Charlie Rowley home ( obviously not homeless) is worth up 270,000 to 400,00 in that area of Salisbury.

People with good jobs are living in this area professionals checks should be carried out to see if anybody live in this housing estate works for security services, works at Porton Down, or works at a foreign embassy.

If the bottle was found inside the home and not outside that's even more bizarre. You think a bottle outside in 30-degree + heat would melt?

Experts? this is nothing compared to the murder of Litvinenko. They left a trail of Polonium everywhere; on aircraft, hotels and restaurants, a football stadium. They dumped one batch down a toilet. They took several attempts to poison Litvinenko

This is Mr Peskov's actual statement on Rowley's death - (Russia is) "deeply concerned by the continuing appearance of these poisonous substances on British territory,” which “present a danger not just for the British but for all Europeans.”"

Not a loaded statement at all

There you go again with this even though you have no explanation for why Mario scaramella ended up with p-210 poisoning. This often ignored but Mario met Litvinenko two hours before he met the Russia agents who booked in the hotel with their families. They left a trail because the met Litvinenko was already poisoned by Mario or by someone else at the restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Folkstonian

Not that I think it’s M15 anymore either. Of course the people who bombed Dublin (amongst other atrocities) wouldn’t have hesitated to kill a Russian and blame Russia but probably wouldn’t have left a container lying around either.

Could be a rogue.

It’s MI5, as in military intelligence, section 5. The M15 was a motorway in London.

Every profession has it’s careless and slovenly operators, even international espionage. As already mentioned, maybe you can read about the trail of radioactive breadcrumbs Lugovoy left all over London and right back to Heathrow airport for Scotland Yard to follow back in 2006.

The Russians have shown yet again they have a total disregard for law and human life in the U.K. as they did in the Litvinenko episode

It wouldn’t come as any shock whatsoever if it does emerge the container used to transport the nerve agent was discarded in a public bin after the attack, only for drug addicts to come across it several weeks later.

• Advertisement

batgoat wrote: »
    Are all the news sites lying?

Are the OPCW also misrepresenting their results? :rolleyes:

https://www.opcw.org/news/article/opcw-issues-report-on-technical-assistance-requested-by-the-united-kingdom/

No.

This statement.

“The results of the analysis by the OPCW designated laboratories of environmental and biomedical samples collected by the OPCW team confirms the findings of the United Kingdom relating to the identity of the toxic chemical that was used in Salisbury and severely injured three people.”

Confirms it’s novichok but nothing else.

The spin is then suggesting that this formula of words proves it’s Russia.

The Dublin bombers are quite capable of poisoning a Russian and in fact have the motive.

It’s MI5, as in military intelligence, section 5. The M15 was a motorway in London.

Ludicrous pedantry.
    Every profession has it’s careless and slovenly operators, even international espionage. As already mentioned, maybe you can read about the trail of radioactive breadcrumbs Lugovoy left all over London and right back to Heathrow airport for Scotland Yard to follow back in 2006.

The slovenly operators could well be the MI5. Or a rogue operator.
    The Russians have shown yet again they have a total disregard for law and human life in the U.K. as they did in the Litvinenko episode

This kind of argument is called presuming the conclusion.
    It wouldn’t come as any shock whatsoever if it does emerge the container used to transport the nerve agent was discarded in a public bin after the attack, only for drug addicts to come across it several weeks later.

Except we’ve been told that novichok is extremely volatile and degrades quickly.

Nobody should presume anything here. It’s possible the Russians deliberately implicated themselves by attacking a British resident for no sane reason except to bring the opobrium of the West, thus harming their economy even more than it has previously been harmed by sanctions.

Or the brains behind the Dublin bombings, the organisation that probably backed UVF killings of British citizens and numerous other atrocities, engaged in a false flag operation. To argue to incredulity that this couldn’t have happened is to show a surfeit of naivety and a deficit of critical thinking.

Confirms it’s novichok but nothing else.

They backed up the assessment of the UK gov that it was Novichok

I haven't seen anyone in recent posts claim that the OPCW fingered Russia. The article provided puts it badly with line 1 and line 3

It’s possible the Russians deliberately implicated themselves by attacking a British resident for no sane reason except to bring the opobrium of the West, thus harming their economy even more than it has previously been harmed by sanctions.

Why act so incredulous when Russians suspects offed Litvinenko in a similar deliberate calling card manner (coincidentally several months after a bill was passed in Russia sanctioning the killing of "foreign extremists")

The evidence of that attack damning. Not only that, one of the suspects in that attack was appointed as a Duma deputy - effectively making them immune from prosecution

No one questions the implausibility of Kim Jong Un murdering his estranged half brother with VX gas. But when the Kremlin, which literally has a direct history of doing this is suspected.. of doing this - some people (coincidentally the same people who always defend Putin) have a sudden crisis of critical thinking

Will the putinbot deniers disappear now with some lads who flew in from Moscow being implicated?

Traces found at the hotel they stayed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, they can keep on denying. Those two Russian lads are already dead, they'll never be found.

seamus wrote: »
    No, they can keep on denying. Those two Russian lads are already dead, they'll never be found.

Dead? they are likely to be hailed as "national heroes" or used as part of the information war

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

It's easier to blame Russia then the laboratory near where the incidents occurred? It's very much a Malcolm Tucker level of spin to keep working the anti-Russia narrative, especially with the Novichok poisonings, quite enjoyable in some ways!

The media headline writers linking Russia to this new report are like a poor magician who fails at his levitation or disappearance trick. Business Insider;

"Independent inspectors back up UK assessment that Russia poisoned former spy"

This is absolutely incorrect! I'm not familiar with this publication but I don't hold much faith in it when the report merely confirms the chemical that was used - this isn't anything new!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I doubt the full truth regarding this attack will ever come out but it's funny how everytime May is taking hits over her handling of Brexit, this story pops up again in the news.

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    Will the putinbot deniers disappear now with some lads who flew in from Moscow being implicated?

Traces found at the hotel they stayed at.

And no people spend the night in this room since these guys allegedly stayed there? If they finding traces of military grade never agent that room must be toxic. The narrative is silly.

All we got here are two random dudes pictured at different locations. These guys could be anyone. Where is the visa application, passport, show them coming off a plane we know came from Russia. Show the CTV at the airport with date time and stamped. There no images of them in the park or near Skipral home.

Could they be Russian citizens sure but that meaningless information? Russians arrive every day to England and are very innocent. They also could be Ukrainian spies or Russian gangsters who knows.

Advertisement