Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 148th Open at Royal Portrush

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭redhill

callaway92 wrote: »
    They’ll be releasing a lot more closer to the time if anyone is worried.

There isn’t too many weekly tickets available in the first place all the same

Weekly,weekend & Sunday now all sold, I can’t see many extra tickets being released closer to event
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45101833

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

redhill wrote: »
    Weekly,weekend & Sunday now all sold, I can’t see many extra tickets being released closer to event
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45101833

More are definitely going to be released

Weekly and Weekend bundles btw there aren't much of, so it isn't like that's hugely impressive selling the first batch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Where did you see this? I'm looking for Sunday tickets.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Where's the best place to stay? Derry or Belfast and get a train/taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Where did you see this? I'm looking for Sunday tickets.

You'd have to think that the earlier tickets were capped at a system of doing x number of tickets or by a set date, whichever comes first.

No way will they cut their margins by selling out a full allocation before final price tickets are on sale.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    You'd have to think that the earlier tickets were capped at a system of doing x number of tickets or by a set date, whichever comes first.

No way will they cut their margins by selling out a full allocation before final price tickets are on sale.

Weekly and Weekend bundles btw there aren't much of, so it isn't like that's hugely impressive selling the first batch out.

Listen folks if you intend going to the Open Next year get a ticket for whatever day you want now, do not leave it any longer and do not listen to rubbish like these quotes above, they are total guesswork, all the official ticket messages are the real deal, it is for the total ticket allocations, not just the ticket allocation for this particular window, it is ALL TICKETS.
    I don’t profess to be any big knowitall about this stuff however I mentioned in this thread (or the other one there are two threads on here) that I know a few people in Tourism NI and the RP Golfclub and the ticket sales are unprecedented and through the roof, so much so that with all the sell outs they are working on a waiting list system, it would be in place already but they haven’t got the software updated on website to accommodate it at present.
    I have asked them to send me a note confirming all this and will post it on here when I receive it
    Cheers

Listen folks if you intend going to the Open Next year get a ticket for whatever day you want now, do not leave it any longer and do not listen to rubbish like these quotes above, they are total guesswork, all the official ticket messages are the real deal, it is for the total ticket allocations, not just the ticket allocation for this particular window, it is ALL TICKETS.
    I don’t profess to be any big knowitall about this stuff however I mentioned in this thread (or the other one there are two threads on here) that I know a few people in Tourism NI and the RP Golfclub and the ticket sales are unprecedented and through the roof, so much so that with all the sell outs they are working on a waiting list system, it would be in place already but they haven’t got the software updated on website to accommodate it at present.
    I have asked them to send me a note confirming all this and will post it on here when I receive it
    Cheers

It isn't guesswork from my end. European Tour and PGA Tour are clients of mine in work. Cheers for calling it rubbish btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

I thought it would sell out after Carnoustie tbh.

It isn't guesswork from my end. European Tour and PGA Tour are clients of mine in work. Cheers for calling it rubbish btw

Well this is a message received from the R&A who actually run the Open( not the Euro and PGA tours), this was sent out to their partner agencies as of 11pm last night, they are pretty adamant that all tickets are gone

Thanks for all the enquiries
    As of this afternoon..
    Weekly tickets, weekend tickets and daily tickets for the final weekend of The Open – Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st July 2019 – have now completely sold out due to unprecedented demand. This sold out message refers to our entire allocation of tickets and there will not be any more available in further pricing windows. We do still have daily tickets available for Sunday 14th – Friday 19th July, however I would recommend booking as soon as possible as availability is limited and tickets are selling quickly.

I can also advise that, from later this week, there will be a waiting list available on our website - https://2019portrush.theopen.com/ - for people who would like to attend The Open on days which have sold out. Those on our waiting list would receive priority access to tickets should any further tickets become available.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Flo

Sent: 08 August 2018 23:16
    To: Tickets <Tickets@randa.org>
    Subject: The Open — Remaining Ticket Allocation

• Registered Users Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Well this is a message received from the R&A who actually run the Open( not the Euro and PGA tours), this was sent out to their partner agencies as of 11pm last night, they are pretty adamant that all tickets are gone

As of this afternoon..
    Weekly tickets, weekend tickets and daily tickets for the final weekend of The Open – Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st July 2019 – have now completely sold out due to unprecedented demand. This sold out message refers to our entire allocation of tickets and there will not be any more available in further pricing windows. We do still have daily tickets available for Sunday 14th – Friday 19th July, however I would recommend booking as soon as possible as availability is limited and tickets are selling quickly.

I can also advise that, from later this week, there will be a waiting list available on our website - https://2019portrush.theopen.com/ - for people who would like to attend The Open on days which have sold out. Those on our waiting list would receive priority access to tickets should any further tickets become available.

Kind regards,

Flo

Received that email from the one club alright. Bizarre way if it's the full allocation, they're selling themselves short this way.

Better get on it I guess

And now Friday are gone!

• Advertisement

As of this afternoon..

Kind regards,

Flo

Last message on this for me because I can see you’re getting pretty upset by it and are taking it personally.

There’s a lot more tickets left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

I bought Friday and Saturday tickets a couple of weeks ago. A couple of people I mentioned it too laughed when they heard how early i got them. Delighted now I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,975 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Benildus wrote: »
    Where's the best place to stay? Derry or Belfast and get a train/taxi?

Derry is closer and would be cheaper to stay in tbh..

And don't rule out Inishowen in Donegal, as there is a ferry that goes from Greencastle over to Magillian, which isn't that far from Portrush.
    Plus I'm sure with the golf on, there might be more ferry crossings than usual.

If you need any more info, ask.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Can’t believe how quick tickets are selling. I am dying to go but starting a course in September so couldn’t afford to buy any until around Christmas time. I went to Turnberry in 2009 and although we had them booked in advance I think the Saturday was still taking walk-ins.

Hopefully as you often see with other sporting events more tickets do become available as the organisers have a better idea of the capacity of the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Jaysus. Almost had two tickets ready to go last week, but waited to check that I actually had someone else who wanted to go. Was also planning on doing it as a day trip from Dublin, and was slightly worried the Brexit situation could slow things down and put it slightly out of reach. It's just over 3 hours each way from where I live, which is about the max amount I'd wanna drive in a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,975 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I just get the feeling that more tickets will be made available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Friday day tickets now sold out too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

This is pretty unprecedented for The Open. I bought tickets months in advance for Sunday at the PGA a couple of years ago but have always been able to get tickets for The Open on the weekend of the event, including this year.

Obviously in Scotland there isn't the same novelty factor as it's here every second year, hopefully Portrush becomes a similar fixture on the rota and is easier for people to get tickets for in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭koheim

It is now completely sold out, it will be an epic week next year
    https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/tour-news/the-148th-open-at-royal-portrush-is-sold-out-162989

Really hope more become available. Can’t afford to get tickets til the new year but I’m desperate to go.

• Advertisement

Re Accommodation, emails now coming out about the Open Camping Village

Only £40 a night with all kids staying free

2,4 and 6 person tents available

In university of ulster coleraine campus about about 4-5 miles from Course

Email camping@stayattheopen.com fro bookings

Should I be looking at the likes of Viagogo already for this or are more tickets likely to go on sale closer to the event? I joined that one club so I’m getting priority for any other tickets but I’m debating whether I should take the plunge and get tickets on Viagogo provided they aren’t astronomical in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

6 of us going up for the Friday. Just wondering if anyone thinks it'd be a good idea to hire a mini bus for the day and whether or not potential traffic would make that a really bad idea? We'd be travelling from Dublin so was thinking 3 or 4am start, watch the golf then leave around 9 or 10pm. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

6 of us going up for the Friday. Just wondering if anyone thinks it'd be a good idea to hire a mini bus for the day and whether or not potential traffic would make that a really bad idea? We'd be travelling from Dublin so was thinking 3 or 4am start, watch the golf then leave around 9 or 10pm. Thoughts?

I’m staying in Belfast and wondering about traveling up to the course on the Friday morning. Is there much parking around the course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

slingerz wrote: »
    I’m staying in Belfast and wondering about traveling up to the course on the Friday morning. Is there much parking around the course?

I would expect the parking situation will be park and ride and quite a distance away.

Space around the course is limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭bazzer86

Re Accommodation, emails now coming out about the Open Camping Village

Only £40 a night with all kids staying free

2,4 and 6 person tents available

In university of ulster coleraine campus about about 4-5 miles from Course

Email camping@stayattheopen.com fro bookings

Got mine there. Its £240 for a 2 person tent for the Friday and Saturday night together with parking for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. i'm guessing its £40 per person per night, £30 for parking on the Friday and £50 for the weekend parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

NIMAN wrote:
    Parking free at the Irish open. I appreciate the BO is a much bigger event, but I think we will see a lot of cashing in at Portrush.

NIMAN wrote:
    Does anyone know if its up to Royal Portrush to set whatever prices they want, or is it set centrally by the BO people or European Tour!?

NIMAN wrote:
    15 to park! Going to coin it in there alone.

I presume there will be a park & ride set up.

bazzer86 wrote: »
    Got mine there. Its £240 for a 2 person tent for the Friday and Saturday night together with parking for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. i'm guessing its £40 per person per night, £30 for parking on the Friday and £50 for the weekend parking?

The cost of camping I'm told is £50 per night per person, plus £40 for 3 days parking. Suppose it is what it is when you compare to getting accommodation somewhere in the vicinity...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

bazzer86 wrote: »
    The cost of camping I'm told is £50 per night per person, plus £40 for 3 days parking. Suppose it is what it is when you compare to getting accommodation somewhere in the vicinity...

It says £40 pppn on the website

• Advertisement

Hoboo wrote: »
    It says £40 pppn on the website

It says from £40 per night. Might be cheaper for other nights

Advertisement