Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 148th Open at Royal Portrush

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

WillyWonka wrote: »
    Where is this magic link?

I've tried https://www.theopen.com/2019ticketswaitinglist/
    https://www.theopen.com/tickets
    and the email link

none provide any link to actually purchase for me...?

The same, I just get a message saying 'Due to very high levels of website traffic, we apologise that this page is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.'

When I try to log in to get tickets it says the following, even though I am looking at an email in my inbox confirming I joined the list a few weeks ago. 'Tickets are currently only available to members of The One Club who are also on the Ticket Waiting List.

As you are not currently a member of The One Club, we will notify you when these are available to non One Club Members (subject to availability).

Alternatively, you can join The One Club by clicking here to gain access to tickets over the next few days (also subject to availability)
    .'

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TwistFace

Tickets on sale again gents, email came out there at 4.45, i just got 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Just got some there for the Friday. Was initially still telling me that I was not a member of the One Club (I definitely am), but then after clicking around the same links again, it suddenly worked. The funny thing is, if I try to go in again it tells me that I am not a member again! Still I'll take it, really looking forward to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Had 2 tickets in the basket for Friday and went to pay and said its sold out. Very frustrating, been trying without success all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

Tickets left for the 4 practice days and the Thursday now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Finally got in at around 4 this afternoon. Seriously stressful day. Was pissed off at the stupid message saying I wasn’t a member. Managed to get tickets for the Sunday and it said it was sold out about 30 mins later.

Can anyone remember how much the Saturday was? I left it at the time thinking I didn’t have enough in my account for the Saturday and Sunday. Would have had about €170 left for the two Saturday tickets I needed. Just wondering for peace of mind as I’ll be kicking myself if it turns out I had enough for the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Redo91 wrote: »
    Finally got in at around 4 this afternoon. Seriously stressful day. Was pissed off at the stupid message saying I wasn’t a member. Managed to get tickets for the Sunday and it said it was sold out about 30 mins later.

Can anyone remember how much the Saturday was? I left it at the time thinking I didn’t have enough in my account for the Saturday and Sunday. Would have had about €170 left for the two Saturday tickets I needed. Just wondering for peace of mind as I’ll be kicking myself if it turns out I had enough for the Saturday.

Saturday are £90 each ,same as Sunday so you wouldnt have had enough.

Saturday are £90 each ,same as Sunday so you wouldnt have had enough.

Cheers. Good to know.

What a farce of a set up today was. I read of plenty of people just signing up yesterday or this morning and getting sorting. Myself and loads others have been on the waiting for months and had no priority.

I’m lucky to have gotten the Sunday but if don’t properly it wouldn’t have taken me hours of trying to get it.

I wonder what are the chances of there being any returns between now and July? Still a few months away so we can live in hope even if it is a long shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭techdiver

If I stay in Belfast I assume the train is the best way to get to Portrush on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

techdiver wrote: »
    If I stay in Belfast I assume the train is the best way to get to Portrush on the day?

Having been to Opens in England, the travel system they set up is always top notch. Trains from Belfast and shuttles to the course is what I'm assuming. You should have no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭redhill

techdiver wrote: »

http://www.translink.co.uk/TheOpenMO/

Details of extra bus and rail services, not actually that many bus services and train is v slow service. Looks like they are 20 quid return per day,
    It maybe quicker to drive to Coleraine or Portstewart and catch the Park n ride, Coleraine is an hour from Belfast by car...Buses from P&R are every 10 mins
    If you haven’t already booked accommodation in Belfast you could try the Open Camping village, link is earlier in this thread, it’s £40 a nite I think.

Good to see some on here getting tickets in the final scramble even if it seemed a bit fraught, I remember at the start of this thread some “guessers” on here were stating that there were absolutely loads of tickets left from something like the Euro & PGA tours when all official sources like Open Golf, RPGC, Tourism NI were saying they were all gone...
    Open Golf have spent approx 100k and NI Tourism have contributed a sum as well ( not sure how much) on an enhanced crowd safety process to allow them to to bring in the small number of extra spectators, they have had to slightly increase the overall grandstand capacity and a few other things but consider this cost well worth it for the extra revenue even this small extra allocation brings into the coffers.
    For anyone looking to play Portrush, the valley course is now closed, tented village and media going up here now, and the main course is on Mats only all the way to the Open in July

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

redhill wrote: »
    For anyone looking to play Portrush, the valley course is now closed, tented village and media going up here now, and the main course is on Mats only all the way to the Open in July

Thought the old 17th and 18th were for village/media, can't get the logic of closing Valley course unless that will be the entrance to Dunluce?

slave1 wrote: »
    Thought the old 17th and 18th were for village/media, can't get the logic of closing Valley course unless that will be the entrance to Dunluce?

I’d say ur right, they probably are as well, the old 17th runs along beside the opening holes on the Valley so it would make sense. The other holes on the valley are probably being used for storage and other non essential stuff I’d say...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

If any kind soul has a spare ticket for Sunday, I would be very grateful to buy it from you.

Can't make any other day as I am abroad.

PM me please!

• Do we know what time the first players will be teeing off and roughly what time the last players will be finishing up. I have tickets for the Thu and Fri and want to make a good day of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Do we know what time the first players will be teeing off and roughly what time the last players will be finishing up. I have tickets for the Thu and Fri and want to make a good day of it.

7am - 7pm or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Do we know what time the first players will be teeing off and roughly what time the last players will be finishing up. I have tickets for the Thu and Fri and want to make a good day of it.

6.30 start or so. And last group wont be out until 3.30 or 4pm. They get as many out as possible!

Only getting around to looking at accommodation now. I’m going the Sunday and thinking of staying the Saturday and Sunday night but could potentially travel back to Galway on the Sunday if accommodation is extortionate.

Just wondering where are people staying? I know Coleraine is nearby but I’m guess it’s expensive as a result. I think Derry is the best option as it’s an hour away and I seem to be able to find two nights accommodation for three of us for just over €300 which is good. Mind you not many options appearing. I assume some sort of shuttle will be running from Derry?

Anyone staying in Belfast or is that too far away?

Any advice would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭techdiver

Only getting around to looking at accommodation now. I’m going the Sunday and thinking of staying the Saturday and Sunday night but could potentially travel back to Galway on the Sunday if accommodation is extortionate.

Just wondering where are people staying? I know Coleraine is nearby but I’m guess it’s expensive as a result. I think Derry is the best option as it’s an hour away and I seem to be able to find two nights accommodation for three of us for just over €300 which is good. Mind you not many options appearing. I assume some sort of shuttle will be running from Derry?

Staying in Belfast. 1.5 hours by train.

• Advertisement

https://www.translink.co.uk/TheOpenMO/

This link has details,

Scheduled Services - Regular train services operate to Portrush from Belfast and Derry-Londonderry and bus services from across Northern Ireland. During The 148th Open Translink will enhance these services with additional capacity, increased frequency and extended operating times. Check our Journey Planner for exact details of schduled services from 28 days in advance.

There is also the Camping Village which is nearby, 2-3 miles away, under 24s stay free, 40 quid for adults, I have stayed at these in other Opens and they are grand, good atmosphere , Park n ride at the door etc...
    No need this year as I have house in Portstewart !:)

Thanks for the replies!

Will give Belfast a look. Was wary of staying too far away as I stayed in Glasgow in 09 for Turnberry and found it too much of a trek.

Looked at the student accommodation in Coleraine but it seems you can only book that for 4/5 nights and I’m looking for two max.

• Derry is closer and a nice city too.

Train station to course is well walkable, not that far at all

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Are there any services from Dublin? I have Saturday tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Chopper83

Are there any services from Dublin? I have Saturday tickets

I wouldn't have thought so, but easy to get from Dublin to Belfast for a bus or train connection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

redhill wrote: »
    There is also the Camping Village

Booked the camping village myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Booked the camping village myself.

I presume you bring your own tent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I presume you bring your own tent?

No. Apparently they have them there and already set up.

Advertisement