Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Yep, not a lot of info outside of what's detailed in this article, same in all the others. Will terrify Trump.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-cohen-is-in-closing-negotiations-over-plea-deal/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Water John wrote: »
    Prosecutor announcement at 4 pm, two hours time. That will charge or deal or both.

I nearly choked as I was taking a drink of water when I read the Michael Cohen headline. Is it fair to expect an almighty tweet storm from Trump ? It seems to be his MO when he's trying to distract.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,066 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Nobody interested in his ramblings today. Cohen and Manafort are centre stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I nearly choked as I was taking a drink of water when I read the Michael Cohen headline. Is it fair to expect an almighty tweet storm from Trump ? It seems to be his MO when he's trying to distract.

Watch out for the security clearance of every single person on his enemies list to be revoked within the next two hours.

P***ing rain in Washington today. Sort of appropriate.
    Cohen just surrendered to the FBI. This is strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Agent orange won’t like this one bit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

He's in the middle of campaigning for GOP right now isn't he? Interesting timing.

Love Laura Coates CNN for her clarity of thought and language. Real lawyer.

Pleading guilty to campaign violations!!!

Love Laura Coates CNN for her clarity of thought and language. Real lawyer.

"The Art of Self Preservation", nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Did not expect THAT.

If HE is guilty...and is on tape planning the payments with another person.......then..............

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That's a much bigger deal than any taxi related shenanigans.

This is possibly, the Turning Day.

Oh sweet holy Jaysus. Never mind the intelligence clearance problem, Melanie and baron could be told to leave the White House. He will lose his utter mind with this.

Edit: The phrase "women and children first" and "abandon ship" come to mind. Campaign violations ? Wolf blitzer is never leaving the CNN studio.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Realistically though, what are the potential ramifications here? Any other administration and it'd surely spell trouble for the Commander in Chief but to look at things soberly, where does this leave Trump? Can the plea deal actually hurt him?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

pixelburp wrote: »
    Realistically though, what are the potential ramifications here? Any other administration and it'd surely spell trouble for the Commander in Chief but to look at things soberly, where does this leave Trump? Can the plea deal actually hurt him?
    Yeah, if Cohen is just pleading guilty rather than agreeing to co-operate then a whole lot doesn't change. Hardy a surprising development that people around Trump are shady. Also expect the links between him and Cohen to be downplayed to a comical extent.

It may be important to wait for what Cohen says in Court as it seems the Judge will ask him, what he's pleading guilty to and the Judge may ask further questions.
    It seems it's about 20m fraud etc which would send him to jail for 10/12 years but he'll get 3?

It may be important to wait for what Cohen says in Court as it seems the Judge will ask him, what he's pleading guilty to and the Judge may ask further questions.
    It seems it's about 20m fraud etc which would send him to jail for 10/12 years but he'll get 3?

It will be very interesting to see what cohen says in his court documents and who he names. If he directly names trump then all bets are off IMO. I'll give up at that stage.

While cooperation isn't specified, it's seeming likely that he's cooperating in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

3-5 years is the rumoured deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,876 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Donny will be named as an un-indicted co-conspirator.

Cohen wouldn't last 2 days in prison. Fully expect cooperation on further charges.

Walls are closing in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

batgoat wrote: »
    While cooperation isn't specified, it's seeming likely that he's cooperating in some way.

According to all the news updates in the past hour, he's not. He'll get a fine and go to jail for a few years.

Manafort jury reached decision on 8 counts, deadlocked on the other 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,704 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

everlast75 wrote: »
    Donny will be named as an un-indicted co-conspirator.

Cohen wouldn't last 2 days in prison. Fully expect cooperation on further charges.

Walls are closing in.

You are far too optimistic

I think the Trump team will have more stalling/deflection tactics up their sleeves and I still maintain Trump might be able fire Mueller and still survive politically

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

2 Scoops wrote: »
    According to all the news updates in the past hour, he's not. He'll get a fine and go to jail for a few years.

He'll get a pardon.

Mistrial on the ten counts for Manafort.

This is as exciting as Prom night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Manafort guilty on 5 counts (tax fraud) so far

Guilty of the 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Hurrache wrote: »
    Mistrial on the ten counts for Manafort.

This is as exciting as Prom night.

I'm not too well up on the american justice system, what would a mistrial mean on the 10 counts, a retrial?

• Advertisement

Yeah, a retrial I'm pretty sure if the prosecution wishes.

Countless life sentences apparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement