Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fulfill Bars thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

septictank wrote: »
    Sorry guys, never seen these before, so they are trying to get rid of box's of health bars at €15 a pop, not a chance.

Sort of thing JC's in Swords would sell, 15 box's for €15.

I've seen them 20 for 20 in JCs.

Stupid comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Sorry guys, never seen these before, so they are trying to get rid of box's of health bars at €15 a pop, not a chance.

Sort of thing JC's in Swords would sell, 15 box's for €15.

You must be going around with your eyes closed so.
    They must be the most available bar in the country ever.
    From supermarkets to boots to Penney's to every spar, centra and independent retail shop in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tjc28

none in the square. just single bars at €1.50 a pop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

tjc28 wrote: »
    none in the square. just single bars at €1.50 a pop

In Dealz €1.50 each? what flavours?

I've not seen the hazelnut whip in Dealz ever. Have seen the others, but have not seen a 15 box of the triple chocolate. Normally lemon, strawberry&vanilla.

New flavour on the way too - chocolate salted caramel.

Found "barebells" in the health store on offer too, they are v good. (Swedish made I think)

Grenade bars are half price in super value at €1.25 per bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Esse85 wrote: »
    Grenade bars are half price in super value at €1.25 per bar

good value, I prefer the Grenade bars myself !!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭septictank

Stand corrected, Like I said, never heard of them before, I live in a cave.

Still a hard sell to get someone to spend €15 on bars in a single purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Imho €15 for 15 of these, esp if the flavour is triple choc or God forbid hazelnut whip = a steal.

Not really as demonstrated by the interest on here and the stock levels that Dealz have of these.

The bar is targeted at no one in particular, therefore it appeals to every one.

If its a low sugar snack you want, or high protein bar, or vitamin enhanced bar or a tasty bar, or your short on money and just want a bar that works out at €1, this offer ticks all the above requirements.

I fully expect a box would be consumed not just by one person but by a family, equally you'll have friends/family buying a different flavour each and swapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Just got a box. Sophies choice between strawberry + Vanilla, mint choc and lemon zinger. All manky. Opted for mint choc. Dealz in Fonthill in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

The chocolate caramel and cookie tastes delicious, although I'd suggest stocking up on the bog roll too.

The chocolate caramel and cookie tastes delicious, although I'd suggest stocking up on the bog roll too.

Seconded

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Tonnes in Dealz Henry St ... Lemon Zinger, Choc + Mint, Stawberry + Vanilla

I love the Strawberry + Vanilla so grabbed a box of that (love the protein shake flavour.. weird), though I imagine most will go for the Choc/Mint

Expiry is 13 Jan 2019

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Are these nice to just eat as a snack or are they more to be used in conjunction with some mad lad training regime? Asking for a friend, lol.

Hazelnut whip are nice as bars in their own right.

The rest of them are meh and the 20g of protein will never make enough of a difference to warrant buying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i find the grenade carb killa bars to be much tastier, and more of a pleasure to eat. but that's just my own opinion !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

The packs of sliced turkey in Aldi/Lidl are much better value if health is at the forefront of your mind. Less Salt, zero Sugar, half the calories, half the price and twice the protein as a fulfill bar.

Hogzy wrote: »
    The packs of sliced turkey in Aldi/Lidl are much better value if health is at the forefront of your mind. Less Salt, zero Sugar, half the calories, half the price and twice the protein as a fulfill bar.

Yea but not hashtagable. So shurrup

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tjc28

Leslie91 wrote: »
    In Dealz €1.50 each? what flavours?

I've not seen the hazelnut whip in Dealz ever. Have seen the others, but have not seen a 15 box of the triple chocolate. Normally lemon, strawberry&vanilla.

New flavour on the way too - chocolate salted caramel.

Found "barebells" in the health store on offer too, they are v good. (Swedish made I think)

I din't take note of the flavours tbh. sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not really comparable in fairness. A pack of €1 turkey is a) hardly that practical to eat on the go b) not as filling either as it's purely protein.

The protein content would actually be the same (assuming a similarly priced pack of €1-1.19 slices).

The Fulfill bars are more comparable to a plain chicken/turkey sandwich replacement, not just a pack of slices, and would have less calories than same.

You need a fridge for turkey, plus it expires quickly. These bars sit under my desk in work and get rid of any afternoon cravings.

I had one around 2pm.

I'm still full and it's 7:50 pm.

I've just cycled 10km too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭sue97

mrcheez wrote: »
    Tonnes in Dealz Henry St ... Lemon Zinger, Choc + Mint, Stawberry + Vanilla

I love the Strawberry + Vanilla so grabbed a box of that (love the protein shake flavour.. weird), though I imagine most will go for the Choc/Mint

Expiry is 13 Jan 2019

Thanks OP

Same flavours in Clare Hall today. Thanks OP, grabbed a box of Mint Choc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Processed meat is a definite carcinogen

https://www.cancer.ie/reduce-your-risk/healthy-lifestyle/diet-and-cancer/red-meat-processed-meat#sthash.diZOGcd2.dpbs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

mathie wrote: »

"What about white meats and fish? No cancer associations have been identified with white meats such as fresh chicken or turkey, or fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There's a difference between fresh chicken and a packet of processed chicken. Depends on the brand/price, but a lot of cheaper packets of chicken/turkey slices (like the ones being compared to a €1 protein bar) would be processed to varying degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

only lemon and strawberry in Dealz near me :(

Strawberry is yummy if you like malt milkshakes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Does it have to be the one type or can you mix and match?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Damien85

The boxes are sealed, so it's 15 nups per box. You can mix and match any boxes you want just not individual bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Tried Talbot St and Liffey St Dealz yesterday and couldn't see this offer

• Advertisement

Tried Talbot St and Liffey St Dealz yesterday and couldn't see this offer

Liffey st sold out.. Henry st has/had? loads

EDIT: grabbed another box there @ Henry st... about 2 cases of Choc/Mint, 2 cases of Strawberry and about 15 cases of Lemon boxes left.

Advertisement