Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fulfill Bars thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭steves2

Finglas had coconut, strawberry and chocolate mint flavours, near the tills. Strawberry flavor isn't the best imo but I had 1 in the car like 4 hours ago and still kinda full.

elverys are still selling the coconut for 1 euro and buy one get one half price but the dates are short I think, got a good few of them last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Plenty in Dealz Blanchardstown... just don't know the flavours enough to give it a go. Only ever bought and eaten the yellow peanut caramel, choc caramel cookie dough & the blue cookies and cream ones which are great (neither on this sale)

Are the Chocolate Mint / Strawberry Vanilla flavours any good??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

camz09 wrote: »
    Plenty in Dealz Blanchardstown... just don't know the flavours enough to give it a go. Only ever bought and eaten the yellow peanut caramel, choc caramel cookie dough & the blue cookies and cream ones which are great (neither on this sale)

Chocolate Mint
    This one is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Strawberry vanilla is just OK, milk choc mint is better.

I can't warm to the cookies & cream or choc caramel cookie dough.

My faves are hazelnut whip, the new salted caramel choc and triple choc. Like the orange one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Strawberry Vanilla flavours any good??

Strawberry Vanilla tastes like a protein shake.

Most wouldn't like it... I actually do ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brighterdays

This isn't really a deal. Just good marketing. You're paying 15 euro for chocolate bars? Like yes, there's more protein in them/slightly less sugar but they're not 'healthy'. They have about 200 calories which is kinda atypical to most bars?

I'd rather have some actual Oreo's than eat that imitation bar and have something else for the protein lol.

If you like em, fair enough! Just think you'd be better off buying some protein milk and having a curlywurly for about 3 euro haha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

This isn't really a deal. Just good marketing. You're paying 15 euro for chocolate bars? Like yes, there's more protein in them/slightly less sugar but they're not 'healthy'. They have about 200 calories which is kinda atypical to most bars?

I'd rather have some actual Oreo's than eat that imitation bar and have something else for the protein lol.

If you like em, fair enough! Just think you'd be better off buying some protein milk and having a curlywurly for about 3 euro haha

no this is a deal
    these bars are on sale for €2.50 in golf shops. you can buy boxes of them in supermarkets, think i got one before with maybe 15 bars in for €22. that is a deal in itself because it reduces the price per bar to basically €1.50

to buy a box for €15, (€1.00 per bar) is an absolutely super deal. I'll be heading to the Blanch tomorrow to grab a box (or 2 :) )

thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's a good deal instead of paying 2.50. I find them great going on cycling runs. I don't have a protein milk holder on my bike.

You've evidently not tried them.

The point is they FILL you up and stave off hunger for longer than a crappy Snickers or other junk.

They are remarkably effective compared to cheaper protein bars sold in Aldi etc. One bar typically fills me up for several hours and are great a few hours before a lengthy swimming session.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

anyone know if there are any left in stillorgan, might jump down at lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    anyone know if there are any left in stillorgan, might jump down at lunch.

If dealz are out try the health store, they had some good deals on bars like Fulfil last time I was in eg. barebells.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Tesco doing some of the fulfil bars for €1.50 at the moment............

including Hazelnut Whip! :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ Alexander Wooden Bankroll

mrcheez wrote: »

The point is they FILL you up and stave off hunger for longer than a crappy Snickers or other junk.
    These bars are still junk reading off the ingredients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

People don't buy them because they're 'healthy'.

They buy them because they're a good, filling fuel source, handy to carry and have the same amount of protein as a small chicken breast.

Comparing calories is pointless. A handful of dates and raisins or a small bowl of porridge would have more calories than a Mars bar but that doesn't mean they're not the better choice.

The only really 'healthy' bars are the likes of Nakd bars, nothing but 100% pressed fruit, though still high in natural sugar.

Don't get peoples obsession with pointing out that things are 'not healthy' when that was never even being claimed in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

Don't get peoples obsession with pointing out that things are 'not healthy' when that was never even being claimed in the first place.

Calling other people stupid is a little boost for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

steves2 wrote: »
    Finglas had coconut, strawberry and chocolate mint flavours, near the tills. Strawberry flavor isn't the best imo but I had 1 in the car like 4 hours ago and still kinda full.

elverys are still selling the coconut for 1 euro and buy one get one half price but the dates are short I think, got a good few of them last year.
    Buy 1 Get 1 1/2 price yes (2.50 each)
    No coconut ones in Henry St.
    I've not seen them for 1 euro anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Thanks OP.

Grabbed a box of the mint choc in Nutgrove, wasn’t too many left either.

They have loads of boxes of the Lemon ones in all Deals at the moment, but be aware the expiry is around end of Dec 2018.

I think they are €10 now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

They have loads of boxes of the Lemon ones in all Deals at the moment, but be aware the expiry is around end of Dec 2018.

I think they are €10 now too.

Saw a heap of them today in Thomas street €10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

HP nutrition have Grenade BB 11/2018 on offer @ 13 euro for 12.
    some freebies today as well with orders over 19 euro.
    free delivery over 50. love HP... order yesterday, here today. great service.

https://www.hpnutrition.ie/carb-killa-special-offer?search=grenade

• Advertisement

Curious, how bad are these AFTER best before dates? :)

I imagine they taste fine for a few months after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Curious, how bad are these AFTER best before dates? :)

I imagine they taste fine for a few months after

exactly... ive had fulfil bars out of date by 2 months and ive seen no difference :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Shpongler

thekooman wrote: »
    HP nutrition have Grenade BB 11/2018 on offer @ 13 euro for 12.
    some freebies today as well with orders over 19 euro.
    free delivery over 50. love HP... order yesterday, here today. great service.

https://www.hpnutrition.ie/carb-killa-special-offer?search=grenade

If you are on the ketogenic diet then these, and a lots of the other bars use maltitol as a sweetener and are not great for your blood glucose levels, as maltitol affects blood sugar pretty badly.

Look for erythritol or xylitol as the sweetener in these types of bars if you are on the keto diet. Most of the Fulfil bars seem to be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Damien85

Shpongler wrote: »
    If you are on the ketogenic diet then these, and a lots of the other bars use maltitol as a sweetener and are not great for your blood glucose levels, as maltitol affects blood sugar pretty badly.

Look for erythritol or xylitol as the sweetener in these types of bars if you are on the keto diet. Most of the Fulfil bars seem to be ok.

I'm on keto and have found most protein bars are packed with carbs. Fulfill bars are much less than most and is what i take mostly. It's still a fair whack of carbs in one go though if your trying to mind your intake.

They are great for staving off the hunger so I don't mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

Local Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

What's the story with the glut of them for sale cheap in so many shops? Have they been a flop or are they trying to flood the market to get people hooked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

What's the story with the glut of them for sale cheap in so many shops? Have they been a flop or are they trying to flood the market to get people hooked?

I think they shouldn't even cost more that 2€.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

If you notice, it is only certain flavours. I have a feeling it might be to do with labelling - recently FDA regulations changed regarding what can be classified as fibre so maybe they need to relabel the IMO? Could be totally wrong, but the newer ones have minimal fibre on the label (5.5%) compared to some of these flavours. Or maybe they are tweaking teh recipe somewhat due to ingredients - replacing the oligofructose with IMO maybe - it is odd that it is only certain flavours, and even includes the peanut caramel that used to be their best seller.

I really wish they would swap out the gelatine though for decent protein - the bars probably only have about 10g of decent/bioavailable protein in them, not 20g

They all seem to be nearly expired so I'd wager they're doing this to offload them than what they normally do which is dump them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

4motion wrote: »
    Local Lidl

Smaller size then the original bars, was gonna get them until i seen that.

Advertisement