Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fulfill Bars thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,619 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Seve OB wrote: »
    Them ones rip the teeth off you.
    Kind of reminds me of a cross between a nougat bar and a wham bar

I just had one of them now.

Tasty, but yeah the wrapping kinda sticks to them and they are very nougatty.

The Lemon ones won't have that problem, even when they expire, as the "bits" prevent the wrapper sticking to the entire length of the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

So are they meant to loo I squashed so lol

Pretty much yea

Pretty much yea

Oh right I’m going to buy them so

Curious, do these provide an energy boost? Find I have loads of energy at the gym after taking one of these.

Thought they were just to get rid of hunger, but I assume the protein is useful for muscles too :)

mrcheez wrote: »
    Curious, do these provide an energy boost? Find I have loads of energy at the gym after taking one of these.

Thought they were just to get rid of hunger, but I assume the protein is useful for muscles too :)

I think that's the point

• Advertisement

So they give an energy boost? The point was protein fills you up but didn't hear they are performance enhancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

So they give an energy boost? The point was protein fills you up but didn't hear they are performance enhancers.

I think that Seve meant food (all food including fulfil bars or whatever!) provides calories which equals energy. That's the whole point of it and why we consume it.

Fulfil bars are not magic, they are just like a mars bar with sweetener instead of sugar and some collagen and protein from dairy.

Right, but I have more energy/endurance with these than eating equivalent calorie meal so was curious what in them would be the cause of this .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Right, but I have more energy/endurance with these than eating equivalent calorie meal so was curious what in them would be the cause of this .

Placebo effect probably - there are no stimulants such as caffeine in them like energy drinks or whatever, and they are lower in carbs than a lot of foods too (carbs could typically help with endurance).

Weird, only id forgotten id eaten one and was wondering later why I was getting so many laps in the pool so wouldn't really be placebo effect.

I reckon it must be something like the bars are faster to digest than a normal meal so perhaps less bloating which may make one sluggish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Eight days left on the expiration date but they're still for sale in Dealz.
    At what point can shops keep selling stuff?

mathie wrote: »
    Eight days left on the expiration date but they're still for sale in Dealz.
    At what point can shops keep selling stuff?

Maybe they'll drop to €5 ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Just bought the lemon flavor 15 bars pack for 10e from deals and tried one.tasted very fresh. But didn't check out the date though 😨

peaceboi wrote: »
    Just bought the lemon flavor 15 bars pack for 10e from deals and tried one.tasted very fresh. But didn't check out the date though ��

Like others have said, I reckon these will be fine for a few months.

Worst case they become more chewy I guess?

I also bought the loose strawberry flavor one for 2e and it was so hard and was like biting off a hard chewing gum 😌

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Its a best before as opposed to a use by date.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

mrcheez wrote:
    Weird, only id forgotten id eaten one and was wondering later why I was getting so many laps in the pool so wouldn't really be placebo effect.

You misunderstand the meaning of placebo effect.

You misunderstand the meaning of placebo effect.

Nope I think you do. In order for a placebo effect to work you have to be consciously aware of having eaten the bar while experiencing the energy boost.

It completely slipped my mind at the time and only after when I was wondering where the energy came from I recalled eating a bar earlier in the day when I was a bit peckish.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Reduced to €8 in some stores now.

Best before generally 20th November but you will find some with a best before up until the end of next month if you're willing to go through the piles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Picked up 12 of the 45g bars in Lidl yesterday for 15e, expiry April 19

• Advertisement

Picked up 12 of the 45g bars in Lidl yesterday for 15e, expiry April 19

Which flavor? Is it in all lidl or store specific?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭itsasecret

Husband got box for €2 in blanchardstown, they say €5 but scan for €2. Going off tomorrow but still

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

peaceboi wrote: »
    Which flavor? Is it in all lidl or store specific?
    Thanks

Lidl Virginia, they had loads of different flavours - not sure if the stock in lidl is mirrored across all stores, I only went in to buy antlers for the car I don't usually shop there

itsasecret wrote: »
    Husband got box for €2 in blanchardstown, they say €5 but scan for €2. Going off tomorrow but still

Box of what flavor?
    Full box of 12?
    What shop? Dealz?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

none left in tuam, briarhill, oranmore or headford road lidl last I tried over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭itsasecret

Dealz and i think its the lemon ones..Full box

Just been there, it scanned at 8eur at the manned till. When displayed as 5eur. Bought one box for 5e.
    Don't know if it would scan 2e as the others say on the self service tills?

€8 in Thomas street
    same as advertised price and scanned at manned till

€8 in Thomas street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

€8 in Thomas street

Did you notice what the best before on them was? I think the poster who got them for 2 euro said their box was best before tomorrow's date.

Advertisement