Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

20 beers and 2 glasses delivered from Flavourly

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Yeah, they give you a link to Yodel with tracking number and status updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Mine seems to be getting delivered tomorrow all going well, nearly gave up on it as I got no message from parcel wizard or beer52, then I got a voicemail today from dpd but it was a strange one, went straight onto an automated recording?

Mine was put on hold (cancelled?) a few minutes ago. Never ordered from them before and used Parcel Wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

listermint wrote: »
    its not obviously beer in the package.

But i would also question why you would care....
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    As long as you don’t work for the AA or plan in cracking open a can at work why does it matter ?

Why does it matter why it matters? Offhand I can think of plenty of reasons why it might. But thanks for clarifying that

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

Mine was put on hold (cancelled?) a few minutes ago. Never ordered from them before and used Parcel Wizard.

I was the same. I placed the order 2 days ago, it says it has shipped so just waiting for delivery now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

I have to collect beer52 order from dpd depot, leaking package..turns out one of bottles broken. At least it's only one! Flavourly order arrived with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Just ordered from OP's link.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks OP.

Got a notification of an order arriving to ParcelWizard.. at first I thought it might be the Flavourly order which I sent to ParcelMotel but that's still in sorting centre at Yodel, so that's unlikely.

Anyone else receive anything from maybe Flavourly or Beer52? I've emailed PW to try and determine if it's an actual package or say a letter.

Basq wrote: »
    Got a notification of an order arriving to ParcelWizard.. at first I thought it might be the Flavourly order which I sent to ParcelMotel but that's still in sorting centre at Yodel, so that's unlikely.

Anyone else receive anything from maybe Flavourly or Beer52? I've emailed PW to try and determine if it's an actual package or say a letter.

I ordered the Beer52 one on Monday evening, got shipping notification Tuesday night, and according to the tracking was delivered to PM at lunchtime today. Nothing from PM yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Ordered this today through PW. Did you guys get the beers that were listed in the box or is it just random what turns up?

• Advertisement

MOH wrote: »
    I ordered the Beer52 one on Monday evening, got shipping notification Tuesday night, and according to the tracking was delivered to PM at lunchtime today. Nothing from PM yet though

PM notification yesterday evening that it's arrived in Dublin, so expecting it to reach the locker sometime today. Pretty good if it's 72 hours order-to-door.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Ye're some bleeding bunch of Pablo Escabars with yer smuggling operation! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Beer52 order arrived today. Waiting on the Flavourly order - Pablo says it’s on the way :-)

Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

http://flavourly.com/TRFLASHM

TINY REBEL MIXED CASE (24 X 330ML)
    EXCLUSIVE CROWDSOURCED COLLABS

4 x Disco Nap, 5.5% IPA
    4 x Pango, 5% Peach & Mango IPA
    4 x Blue Monday, 4.4% Pale Ale
    4 x Lazy Boy, 4.2% Golden Ale
    4 x Radio Laga, 4.2% Lager
    4 x Woo Loo Moo Loo, 4.0% Milk Stout

24 beers for £29.90

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

4 x Disco Nap, 5.5% IPA

24 beers for £29.90

I wonder would the weight of this be too great for PM and PW and will charge accordingly?

antodeco wrote: »
    I wonder would the weight of this be too great for PM and PW and will charge accordingly?
    Can't imagine it being much heavier than the other deal..

.. 24 x 330ml cans would only be about 8kg id imagine.

EDIT: Had my first can from Flavourly stash.. the Session IPA. Not much to write home about tbh, but grand for a euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Basq wrote: »
    Can't imagine it being much heavier than the other deal..

.. 24 x 330ml cans would only be about 8kg id imagine.

EDIT: Had my first can from Flavourly stash.. the Session IPA. Not much to write home about tbh, but grand for a euro.

8kg beer only - add package and should be more than 10kg or close enough to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭All in all

4 x Disco Nap, 5.5% IPA

24 beers for £29.90

No would be fine, would weigh approx 8kg.

Anyone fancy 20 bottles for £19?

https://www.flavourly.com/l/FBRT4/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RJellybean

I registered and ordered yesterday using PW but today they put my order on hold "Our system has flagged that this is not your first purchase with us"

They said as the address has been used on a number of previous orders and because of this I am not entitled to the special offer. I've been having email wars with them since 6.30 this evening. I am surprised they keep answering me.

• Advertisement

I politely explained that the address used was for a courier company that provides a parcel redelivery to my local store for convenience, that the PW number was my unique identifier, and that I could confirm I had never purchased from them before.

The order was immediately put through and it shipped a few hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RJellybean

I politely explained that the address used was for a courier company that provides a parcel redelivery to my local store for convenience, that the PW number was my unique identifier, and that I could confirm I had never purchased from them before.

I explained that in my first 3 emails but each time they just said "we have multiple deliveries to the same address, therefore you are not entitled to the offer"

I might try a facebook message during working hours on Monday see if i can get someone else to talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Mine says it's due to be delivered today before 6pm to dpd! But are they even open today?

Parcel wizard have never charged me any extra for large items or heavy items so full ya boots
    Parcel motel could be worth avoiding, the lockers will be full from now until after the festive period

Parcel wizard have never charged me any extra for large items or heavy items so full ya boots
    Parcel motel could be worth avoiding, the lockers will be full from now until after the festive period
    well they just told me my parcel is damaged, broken glass and they don't cover that, never had parcel motel damage anything, they did not give one hint of giving a damn, now I have to collect the items I paid to be delivered, not worth the hassle, i expected there'd be a lock box but stuff is just on the floor behind the counter where I expected it to be delivered to, only found out it was not there and broken when I contacted parcel wizard, no comments in may account and number took a few attempts and a while to answer.
    how much has the beer52 cost people? I simply don't think it's worth the hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

was waiting a good while for delivery and saw it was last reported at the DPD depot. Rang them and they told me customs seized the box at the depot. Apparently they go by weekly now to do a sweep of all items. Not going to bother ordering beer online again

• Registered Users Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭listermint

So far very poor service, orders mine Monday, still not arrived in Newry. Got email today to say would be delivered to Newry at some point today then over to pm to get it down to me.

48 hour turn around my arse.

Poor .

1874 wrote: »
    well they just told me my parcel is damaged, broken glass and they don't cover that, never had parcel motel damage anything, they did not give one hint of giving a damn, now I have to collect the items I paid to be delivered, not worth the hassle, i expected there'd be a lock box but stuff is just on the floor behind the counter where I expected it to be delivered to, only found out it was not there and broken when I contacted parcel wizard, no comments in may account and number took a few attempts and a while to answer.
    how much has the beer52 cost people? I simply don't think it's worth the hassle

Very hard to follow what you’re saying or who you have used, you mention parcel wizard and parcel motel tbh
    Parcel wizard deliver items to your door or a designated place like a friends house or work
    I was replying to what you said ( on the phone so typing difficult) but essentially you were complimenting parcel wizard, I'm sure it was already in this thread I've heard it said they broke packages with beer in them, even if they are marked fragile, they don't care, as I was on the phone to them, that's essentially their attitude, an experience I never had with parcel motel, DHL, or even fastway. There was no comment on my online account or any kind of a text update regarding my order, meant to be delivered on day x, didn't arrive, no useful update except a tiny comment saying its in the depot. You were saying you recommend them, my experience is DHL was way better, and I recommend parcel motel. Regarding the drop off locations, i was expecting a lock box, instead items were on the floor behind the counter at the tills of that establishment.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I use both PM and PW at least 5 or 6 times a week. Both have pros and cons. PM is handy for weekend deliveries, and PW is great for "to the door" service. I had glass smashed before with a PW delivery. I rang them, said they don't cover glass (does say it in their FAQs). She apologised and credited my account the cost of the delivery. Pissed off it smashed, but glass isint covered by them, so I can't complain.
    PM lost so many of my deliveries previously and it would take 4 -6 weeks to sort out

I was replying to someone else who was making an enquiry about over size or over weight and I said I had never been charged, I wasn’t complimenting parcel wizard
    If you ship liquids and they break then it’s not parcel wizard or parcel motel that is at fault it’s the company that shipped them originally so complain to them

As mentioned by someone elese, they dont cover glass, or thats what they told me, personally Id expect any items to be treated with a reasonable care, Ive ordered expensive precision equipment online, it will have glass in it and it will be sealed, does that mean they only wont cover glass containers carrying liquids? if Ihave to drill down into the ts&cs to find out what they wont cover if they break it tells me they arent a service you can have a lot of confidence in that they will deliver and your item will be ok, sounds like they are filling the orders/van with rugby passes.
    I lucked out in that this was beer and not something more expensive, I'll be steering clear of dpd unless the item is very durable and there is no alternative option.
    All in, I think its not worth getting beer this way, takes too long, too much hassle following it up, its broken, no refund (not our fault attitude), I'll get onto beer52 too, doesnt make sense to send bottles, but they probably think its reasonable that the boxes arent pegged around the place and can hardly be put at that much fault.
    Have not had the same attitude with DHL, PM or fastway, and Im fairly sure PM has cover on items they carry, at least I can look into what carriage insurance is for more expensive items, lesson learned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Looks like PM are going to charge me €3.95 + another charge for €7.00. Is that an oversize fee?

Advertisement