Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Midterm Elections

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Better if Republicans win (apart from Dems being able to question), because Trump cannot blame the Dems for anything apart from his own GOP.

Only two years to go also.

Yeah imagine the state of the union addresses for two years with a democratic speaker of the house ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Sat in a hotel room in Cleveland, Ohio watching the results on the TV and having a few beers. Great to be watching them for once at a respectable time of the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

fritzelly wrote: »
    When I google us election results it gives 66 results declared and Republicans way ahead

I think that includes those senate seats that aren't up for election. Quite misleading actually.

No senate seats have been declared yet.

Townton wrote: »
    Safe seats. Not news really. It will come down to 50 or so races worth looking at. Thing is in KY6 (which was seen as a benchmark for the so-called "blue wave") and Indiana the Republicans are doing well but very early.

The dem has gone very slightly ahead in KY6.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

fritzelly wrote: »
    When I google us election results it gives 66 results declared and Republicans way ahead

It's meaningless for the most part at the moment. Counts so far are mainly from Republican states.

It's like if there was an all Ireland election and unionist areas had their counts in first while the rest of the country hadn't even started counting yet. Doesn't mean the unionists were heading for government.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Results in Indiana are still embryonic, but 538 say that in one rural county where about a third of the vote has been counted, Joe Donnelly is running about 1% behind where he was running in 2012, when he beat his Republican opponent 50-44.

That's reasonably encouraging for him in terms of taking the seat. Still very early days though, obviously.

CNN are calling that Bernie sanders has won his race. Hardly a hot take there lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    CNN are calling that Bernie sanders has won his race. Hardly a hot take there lads.

I'm shocked! Shocked!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm shocked! Shocked!! :D

The 1%!

Of senate seats has been declared for Democrats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭breatheme

Yeah imagine the state of the union addresses for two years with a democratic speaker of the house ?

...Oh wow, I just realised, that would mean Nancy Pelosi would be Speaker of the House again, can't believe I didn't think about that.

I literally can't imagine it. Wow.

First votes in in the Florida senate race, all from Pasco County.

Scott (R) currently leads Nelson (D) 55% to 45% with over 100k votes in there.

Trump won that county 142k to 90k in 2016 - that's 58.93% to 37.38%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Looking good for Republicans so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The change in each district v 2016 GE gives the clue of the trend.

The Guardian thinks it's E. In the last 40 minutes, four actresses or singers have been in their feed.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Florida coming in very quickly. 30% in and 4-5 point leads for Nelson and Gillum.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Townton

Looking good for Republicans so far.

Not really Florida and KY6 leaning Dems at the moment by a decent amount of points. Albeit Barr (R) was leading in KY6 up until a few mins ago so a big chunk of the urban vote must have come in but last I checked McGrath up by 8

Townton wrote: »
    Not really Florida and KY6 leaning Dems at the moment by a decent amount of points. Albeit Barr (R) was leading in KY6 up until a few mins ago so a big chunk of the urban vote must have come in but last I checked McGrath up by 8

Dems ahead in 6 GOP held districts. GOP ahead in 1 Dem held district.

Early lead for Democrats in VA-10 and VA-7. Only 1 percent in 10th though.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/livestream-nbc-news-coverage-of-the-2018-midterm-elections-1360527939841?v=railb&

NBC news official feed. If you're not a fan of MSNBC and Brian Williams and Rachel Maddox then you can watch Stephanie Ruhl. Oh Stephanie...

• Advertisement

Florida Senate and Governor races are looking good for the Democrats with about a third of the vote in. Both Nelson and Gillum running around 3 to 4 points ahead.

Indiana looking more dicey however. Donnelly trailing 57% to 38% with 14% of the vote in.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Dems ahead in 6 GOP held districts. GOP ahead in 1 Dem held district.

Now 11 Dems ahead in GOP districts. GOP just 1 on the other side.

VA-10 looks like it's going to Democrats. Big lead with half the vote in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Indiana looking more dicey however. Donnelly trailing 57% to 38% with 14% of the vote in.

Looks very tight, but still got plenty of areas that will lean towards him to come in.

I'll have to go to bed by 1am otherwise I'll be no good to anyone tomorrow. Btw if you have the NBC news app not only is there a link to the NBC news coverage, there is also an audio feed of MSNBC that you can get by clicking the icon in the top right corner. So you can fall asleep to Brian Williams and Rachel Maddow if that's your thing.

After a slow start the Blue Wave is beginning to gather pace.

McGrath D six points ahead of Barr R in the much talked about Kentucky 6 House race.

Looks like a whole host of early seat gains could come in for the Democrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/livestream-nbc-news-coverage-of-the-2018-midterm-elections-1360527939841?v=railb&

NBC news official feed. If you're not a fan of MSNBC and Brian Williams and Rachel Maddox then you can watch Stephanie Ruhl. Oh Stephanie...

Tonight you need Steve Kornacki.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Dems turning 15 ATM

Pelvis wrote: »
    Tonight you need Steve Kornacki.

He's a sound lad alright but jaysus you couldn't live off a diet of him long term. Chuck Todd and savanna Guthrie and Stephanie ruhl ftw.

• Advertisement

Sherrod Brown wins in Ohio.

Wouldn't be suprised to see him as a VP pick in 2020 if Kamala Harris is the Democratic Presidential candidate.

Advertisement