Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Midterm Elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Does Cruz have Texas so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Florida races have tightened right up. Dems ahead by less than 1% now with 82% counted. Squeaky bum time.

Florida races have tightened right up. Dems ahead by less than 1% now with 82% counted. Squeaky bum time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Does Cruz have Texas so?

Beto O'Rourke currently at 58% with 13% of votes in. Still very early, but that's great going for O'Rourke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Watching MSNBC link posted above, find it nearly as bad as Fox except on the other side. Some good hosts but the likes of Maddow are up there with Hannity. You always have to take their comments with a grain of salt, obviously she is smart and not sinister as Sean but cannot help herself.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Anytime I plan to go to sleep, Florida decides to throw sh*t square at the fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

hill16bhoy wrote: »

They're tied now.

13% of the Texas vote in...Beto O'Rourke leads 58.5% to 40.9%!

Good signs, but still far too early to call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Some good hosts but the likes of Maddow are up there with Hannity.

Ludicrous statement.

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Does Cruz have Texas so?

You have to be a special kind of awful to support Cruz, not one endearing characteristic but it is Texas so he is still favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭breatheme

How can I go to bed now?!?!

Maybe... I'll wait till they call Florida.

Still loads of votes to be counted in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Daid. Not quite done yet

Both Republicans in front in Florida now. Still a lot of votes to be counted in Broward and Dade counties. Hopefully that can make the difference for both Gillum and Nelson.

Pelvis wrote: »
    Ludicrous statement.

How so? I have had to stop watching her but watched her regularly for years. Obviously Hannity is one of the worst people in the World, she is good person but the way they present their shows is very similar. Partisan without compromise.

breatheme wrote: »
    How can I go to bed now?!?!

Maybe... I'll wait till they call Florida.

Early doors wait time CA

If I was from Florida, and was asked to run in an election. I genuinely think I'd look at past elections and think 'nah, you're grand thanks'.

Manchin doing better than I thought after his support for Kavanaugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Pelvis wrote: »
    Ludicrous statement.

How so? I have had to stop watching her but watched her regularly for years. Obviously Hannity is one of the worst people in the World, she is good person but the way they present their shows is very similar. Partisan without compromise.

Hannity has spent years s**t-stirring and giving life to outlandish conspiracy theories. He freely admits he is an entertainer. He is one step down from Alex Jones.

While I ain't a fan of Maddow she at least has journalistic integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Florida is being Florida, knife edge.

Beto O'Rourke 51% v Ted Cruz 48% with a third of votes counted. Oh hell, I know it's highly unlikely, but I'd love that to be the final count!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Townton

Manchin doing better than I thought after his support for Kavanaugh.

Its probably why he is doing better than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Beto O'Rourke 51% v Ted Cruz 48% with a third of votes counted. Oh hell, I know it's highly unlikely, but I'd love that to be the final count!
    That'd be beautiful. Cruz is such a gutless f***.

Townton wrote: »
    Its probably why he is doing better than expected.

But surely democratic voters would be put off by that and republican voters would be voting republican anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Manchin a conservative Trump admirer in a state where Trump got his biggest winning margin at last election was always going to do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

GOP gonna win both Florida Governor and Senate races it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,008 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

RobertKK wrote: »
    Florida is being Florida, knife edge.
    They're still voting there. Apparently queues are very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

But surely democratic voters would be put off by that and republican voters would be voting republican anyway?

West Virginia is Trump country, Manchin had to side with Trump's nominee to keep the votes he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Dem 40/49 Rep-House
    Dem 32/42 Rep-Senate

KevIRL wrote: »
    GOP gonna win both Florida Governor and Senate races it looks like.

Still loads of votes to be counted in 3 south east counties, which largely favour Democrats.

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Hannity has spent years s**t-stirring and giving life to outlandish conspiracy theories. He freely admits he is an entertainer. He is one step down from Alex Jones.

While I ain't a fan of Maddow she at least has journalistic integrity.

Ok I will concede that, maybe it was hyperbole on my behalf, still she cannot stand her style.

Advertisement