Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Irish EV Owners Association (IEVOA)?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jeditraining1

KCross wrote: »
    Well, what is influence to you?
    To me it means you are getting the opportunity to at least air your views to the people that matter. Does it mean that those people will take everything you say and implement it... of course not, but at least you've been asked your opinion and its being considered. IEVOA have that.

If all you have is your keyboard and boards.ie you have no influence really.

Note: I'm not an IEVOA member and have no vested interest in them.

Once again, you seem to be under and impression the IVEOA listen or that they are a single voice. They do or have neither that is a historical fact and has been well documented.

You have also implied I only use boards. Also incorrect. I am on all platforms and involved in the industry and I do have a voice from a very different point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Once again, you seem to be under and impression the IVEOA listen or that they are a single voice. They do or have neither that is a historical fact and has been well documented.

I dont understand what you've written there, sorry.

Im just saying they get the opportunity to speak with the people in the industry that matter (Government, eCars etc). Are you saying they dont get to speak with them?

You have also implied I only use boards. Also incorrect. I am on all platforms and involved in the industry and I do have a voice from a very different point of view.

I didnt say that at all. You're reading into my words too much. I said if all you have is boards and your keybaord you dont have influence. I was making a point about influence not you in particular. I have no idea who you are or what you do or what committees you are on. You are a stranger to me.

The point is, if you want to influence you have to get yourself in front of the right people. Being on social media isnt it. IEVOA do get that audience hence they have influence.

I dont understand what you've written there, sorry.

Im just saying they get the opportunity to speak with the people in the industry that matter (Government, eCars etc). Are you saying they dont get

I didnt say that at all. You're reading into my words too much. I said if all you have is boards and your keybaord you dont have influence. I was making a point about influence not you in particular. I have no idea who you are or what you do or what committees you are on. You are a stranger to me.

The point is, if you want to influence you have to get yourself in front of the right people. Being on social media isnt it. IEVOA do get that audience hence they have influence.

Your last line is my point you evidently are one of the people who think they do have any influence or say. They actually don't and really I could elobrate on what I know and what I do but I don't need to. There are meetings where they, like others have been invited to tick a box nothing more because they have falsely left people in political power under the impression that they have more numbers than they actually have. All people have to do is look at the history of it and the simple misdirection of them and then they will know. It really isn't hard to see. :-).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I have no problem with the IEVOA. I used the facebook and found very useful. Really I would have liked to go to meetings etc but life got in the way

I have removed myself now from the facebook page, the reason was not because of any of the people etc etc. I do not like that the facebook page is set up so it randomly will come up in my friends feeds, you don't have to be part of the group and it still pops up.

I am not sure why it is set up like that but personally I don't like that. Once I realized this was the case I pulled it.

Your last line is my point you evidently are one of the people who think they do have any influence or say. They actually don't and really I could elobrate on what I know and what I do but I don't need to.

Please elaborate since this is the IEVOA thread. Otherwise you are just a hurler on the ditch.

You are at pains to tell us they are irrelevant but you are not backing that up. Am I to just take you at your word. You could have an axe to grind for all I know so you'll forgive me for not believing a stranger on the internet.

The IEVOA is there as an open organisation that you can join or not. If you dont like what they represent or how its run you can try to change from within or stay outside. You've decided to stay outside and thats your right but disbanding it and reforming doesnt achieve much, if anything.

There are meetings where they, like others have been invited to tick a box nothing more because they have falsely left people in political power under the impression that they have more numbers than they actually have. All people have to do is look at the history of it and the simple misdirection of them and then they will know. It really isn't hard to see. :-).

But they were invited. Thats the key thing. Whether their opinion is listened to is an entirely different matter.

I blagged my own way into the LEV taskforce and gave my opinions the same as the IEVOA did but at least they were there representing their members views and I represented mine but if you are on the outside you have no influence.... cant you see that point?

Were the various other facebook groups invited?

• Advertisement

Please elaborate since this is the IEVOA thread. Otherwise you are just a hurler on the ditch.

You are at pains to tell us they are irrelevant but you are not backing that up. Am I to just take you at your word. You could have an axe to grind for all I know so you'll forgive me for not believing a stranger on the internet.

The IEVOA is there as an open organisation that you can join or not. If you dont like what they represent or how its run you can try to change from within or stay outside. You've decided to stay outside and thats your right but disbanding it and reforming doesnt achieve much, if anything.

But they were invited. Thats the key thing. Whether their opinion is listened to is an entirely different matter.

I blagged my own way into the LEV taskforce and gave my opinions the same as the IEVOA did but at least they were there representing their members views and I represented mine but if you are on the outside you have no influence.... cant you see that point?

Were the various other facebook groups invited?

I find it interesting and curious that, for someone who aledges not to be involved, you seem to be quite a defender of the IEVOA. If you have been involved with the EV community l for as long as I have you would know what has happened and therefore your hurl from the ditch comment would be mute, it's something some of us that have been in the community for a long time now could write a book on. I didn't need to blag my way onto the LVE taskforce, I was invited however due to other commitments I declined and someone else from a parent part of the organisation took my place. I wasn't the only one of course, there was a struggle to put that together at the time for varying reasons.

I of course can see your point but you have not (i think) been involved with the history or some of the incidents that occurred with the IEVOA. Still though your defence is interesting.

I will, for now, stay outside thank you. I can clearly see there is emotive need here and your motivation is clouded. Please feel free to comment in return. For now I won't keep repeating the same thing over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

IEVO is just a FB group, nothing more from what I can tell.

IEVOA is a FB group, and has paid members, a board, AGM, attends various meetings with eCars, govt etc etc etc.

One is active on the ground, the other is not (or as KCross says, hurls from the ditch).

n97 mini wrote: »

IEVOA is a FB group, and has paid members, a board, AGM, attends various meetings with eCars, govt etc etc etc.

One is active on the ground, the other is not (or as KCross says, hurls from the ditch).

I'm only responding to this for the purposes of other readers. One comment is as equally inaccurate as the other. But I'll step back and let people go and judge for them selfs, it's that simple :-).

I find it interesting and curious that, for someone who aledges not to be involved, you seem to be quite a defender of the IEVOA.

I can assure you I have no links with them whatsoever. You can decide for yourself whether I'm lying or not.

My main points about them is that they have a voice. Thats really the only point Im making, not saying at all that they are a well run organisation or that they represent my views. I am not a member and have not attended their meetings so I cant speak for how they run/behave themselves.

However, they were in front of a government committee and got dedicated "airtime". They were on the taskforce. They communicate with eCars. These are all the things you would expect from an EV owners organisation.

I really dont see your issue with them other than you seem to have a personality clash with some of them going back a few years.

If you have been involved with the EV community l for as long as I have you would know what has happened and therefore your hurl from the ditch comment would be mute, it's something some of us that have been in the community for a long time now could write a book on.

I've been in the "EV community" for quite some time too but never on the IEVOA. I dont really care about the past and what personality clashes there have been. It's influencing future direction Im interested in.

I didn't need to blag my way onto the LVE taskforce, I was invited however due to other commitments I declined and someone else from a parent part of the organisation took my place. I wasn't the only one of course, there was a struggle to put that together at the time for varying reasons.

So you understand the concept then that your company was invited and hence has influence.... the same as the IEVOA. I dont remember the other facebook groups being represented at the taskforce therefore they dont have influence.

Also, would you say that your companies opinion at the taskforce dictated and everything they said at the taskforce is now adhered to and implemented.... of course it isnt.... but your company got to air its views and influenced policy in some small way... and so did the IEVOA and so did I, since I was there too.

I of course can see your point but you have not (i think) been involved with the history or some of the incidents that occurred with the IEVOA. Still though your defence is interesting.

Nothing interesting in it. I've said many times I'm not connected. Believe it or not is up to you.

I will, for now, stay outside thank you. I can clearly see there is emotive need here and your motivation is clouded.

I think you believe I am an IEVOA member in disguise!

That's it in a nutshell! Thanks.

• Advertisement

I don't understand that attitude to be honest. I was member of both facebook groups. I have removed IEVOA for the reasons I have given

I don't see anyone on the IEVO group hurling anything? what is that based on?

Most of the people on that group are also on the other group. It is used to share advice and some Q&A. Exact same as the IEVOA facebook. The difference is the IEVO is a closed account. Which in reality the IEVOA should be as well.

IEVO have also set up a Buy&Sell seperate page which is actually brilliant.....

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I don't understand that attitude to be honest. I was member of both facebook groups. I have removed IEVOA for the reasons I have given

Most of the people on that group are also on the other group. It is used to share advice and some Q&A. Exact same as the IEVOA facebook. The difference is the IEVO is a closed account. Which in reality the IEVOA should be as well.

IEVO have also set up a Buy&Sell seperate page which is actually brilliant.....

The distinction is that one is "just" a facebook group. Its not much different to this forum in some respects.

Sure, we have a Buy/Sell thread here too. Im not putting down IEVO at all. It is what it is.

The IEVOA is more than a FB group.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Nasty comments from a handful of people in IEVO directed at a handful of IEVOA people, semi-regularly. I don't know what their history is, but it's the reason I left. Mad-Lad commented on it here too, and it's the reason he also left. Don't know if the same people are still at it as it's a private group. Maybe they've stopped and you aren't witnessing it now?

Nasty comments from a handful of people in IEVO directed at a handful of IEVOA people, semi-regularly. I don't know what their history is, but it's the reason I left. Mad-Lad commented on it here too, and it's the reason he also left. Don't know if the same people are still at it as it's a private group. Maybe they've stopped and you aren't witnessing it now?

Can only speak personally and I never seen anything on the IEVO page.....

The distinction is that one is "just" a facebook group. Its not much different to this forum in some respects.

Sure, we have a Buy/Sell thread here too. Im not putting down IEVO at all. It is what it is.

The IEVOA is more than a FB group.

I know the IEVOA is not just a FB group....I would be more than happy to rejoin if they close the group

I have friends from all over the World on facebook, I was not happy to find out some of them had posts popping up every day onto their timeline

If anyone asks me about an electric car I always pointed them to the facebook website, I can't do that anymore which is a pity so I point to IEVO page

It is not hard to find either group if you are interested in electric cars. A quick search and both groups pop up.....so no reason to have open so people can find

Apart from that I have no issue with IEVOA and I would have no problem trying to help and volunteer once the kids gets a little bit older

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Facebook. :rolleyes: So last decade. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I had no idea the IEVO page existed which I find interesting because I'm usually pretty down with these things.

There will be personality clashes in every random group of people on the Internet, seems silly having two groups, the subject is not serious enough to warrant people squabbling over it at all really.

I had no idea the IEVO page existed which I find interesting because I'm usually pretty down with these things.

There will be personality clashes in every random group of people on the Internet, seems silly having two groups, the subject is not serious enough to warrant people squabbling over it at all really.

There are a lot who either don't know the history or are choosing to ignore it. The case in point is in this thread. Please feel free to use either. For free impartial information use the IEVO page.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There are a lot who either don't know the history or are choosing to ignore it. The case in point is in this thread. Please feel free to use either. For free impartial information use the IEVO page.
    I've been around the EV community here and online for approx 3 years and have not seen this "history".
    It seems very important to those on both sides of it but to be honest it should be just that, now, history. Time for both sides to move on.

EV owners need a lobby/interest group. I only see one, which is why I have joined the IEVOA. Any seat at the table is better than none. If you're starting a new lobby group to encompass all EV owners without this silly historical divide which does nothing to advance the interests of the EV community then I am in.

ELM327 wrote: »
    I've been around the EV community here and online for approx 3 years and have not seen this "history".
    It seems very important to those on both sides of it but to be honest it should be just that, now, history. Time for both sides to move on.

EV owners need a lobby/interest group. I only see one, which is why I have joined the IEVOA. Any seat at the table is better than none. If you're starting a new lobby group to encompass all EV owners without this silly historical divide which does nothing to advance the interests of the EV community then I am in.

I agree

History is history. Move on.....the BEV market has quickly grown over the last 12 months. So most people have no idea what this history is or to be honest don't actually care....I know personally I don't....

I agree the IEVOA is the best option moving forward. Best option would be a single community....single website and single buy & sell version....

All closed of course:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

If you're starting a new lobby group to encompass all EV owners without this silly historical divide which does nothing to advance the interests of the EV community then I am in.
    I'd also be interested in being involved in something like this if anybody is interested.

FWIW following the discussions in this thread I created a Reddit sub for electric vehicles, which I hope might be a little handier for longer lasting discussions than Facebook, and a little less prone to 400 page threads that are difficult to process like boards.ie's vBulletin forum. https://www.reddit.com/r/evs_ireland/ if anybody is interested...

Regretfully its not fully history and an element is still there. I'm 5 years in the community..... :-)

Regretfully its not fully history and an element is still there. I'm 5 years in the community..... :-)
    Oh I'm aware, but often the "element that is still there" is you. At least in my experience on these threads and the facebook groups.

I don't see much mention by anyone else really.

Handy tip for life: there's always one person who needs to know when to give it up. And if you don't see who it is, it's you.

Oh I'm aware, but often the "element that is still there" is you. At least in my experience on these threads and the facebook groups.

I don't see much mention by anyone else really.

Handy tip for life: there's always one person who needs to know when to give it up. And if you don't see who it is, it's you.

I had a much longer reply to that written in reply to that instead ill just say my points are based on long standing fact, not heart lead fiction. It was hard to write anything else where an obvious circular argument would erupt.

Please refrain from making personal comments, as I would not like to ask the admins to deal with the thread. Many thanks

I had a much longer reply to that written in reply to that instead ill just say my points are based on long standing fact, not heart lead fiction. It was hard to write anything else where an obvious circular argument would erupt.

Please refrain from making personal comments, as I would not like to ask the admins to deal with the thread. Many thanks
    Ask away, I have made no personal comments and am happy for the admins to review as necessary.

I fail to see who has put hot sauce on your boxers this morning but it certainly wasn't me that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

As the initiator of this thread I feel a small bit of responsibility for it :), so I'd just say that I think the fact you took what ELM327 said personally (when I genuinely don't think it was meant in any other way than a piece of wisdom, which I read as being quite inciteful) suggests you're still fairly emotionally invested in this... Having been involved in similar things in the past and exited after messing started I don't blame you for that at all!

Thanks for the input though, has been very interesting! Sounds like a lot of history there and my feeling is that people who have created history in the past are likely to create more of it in the future, so think I'll steer clear of this one. If any unrelated parties ever decide to put something together however, I'd love to get involved!

Zenith74 wrote: »
    Sounds like a lot of history there and my feeling is that people who have created history in the past are likely to create more of it in the future, so think I'll steer clear of this one.

Dont let one dissenting voice on this thread deter you. Check it out for yourself and make up your own mind.

Its unlikely you will have another organisation started up any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Meanwhile, at IEVOA HQ:

https://youtu.be/WboggjN_G-4

(Seriously, how has this topic gotten to page 5 without someone posting this - you're violating one of the fundamental rules of the internet)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Go ahead: ask them, you might be surprised with the answer.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement

Meanwhile, at IEVOA HQ:

https://youtu.be/WboggjN_G-4

(Seriously, how has this topic gotten to page 5 without someone posting this - you're violating one of the fundamental rules of the internet)

Brilliant lol... read this on on of the FB pages got dragged out a lot by a few and got a giggle out of reading it.

Advertisement