Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

I have had a look at our local Amazon.de in anticipation of this again but the prices seem off the wall for anything I looked at this time even with 20% off
    Well, lucky you anyways. At least last year, the warehouse deals -20% promo went online at the same nominal time across Europe, so one hour later in UK than everywhere else. By the time it launched in UK, all items I was interested in were gone already, as they must have been available on all their sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

For any runners out there - GBP100 off the new Vivoactive 3 Music: http://amzn.eu/d/7D6z9qb

Been watching this for a while. Some great reviews. Great balance between every day smart watch and fitness watch.

Cheapest it's been - not even updated on CCC yet.

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Garmin-vivoactive-Music-Smartwatch-Playback/product/B07CR8NBQB

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

garion wrote: »
    For any runners out there - GBP100 off the new Vivoactive 3 Music: http://amzn.eu/d/7D6z9qb

Been watching this for a while. Some great reviews. Great balance between every day smart watch and fitness watch.

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Garmin-vivoactive-Music-Smartwatch-Playback/product/B07CR8NBQB

Been watching this as well so thanks for the heads up. Interestingly, if I choose my Parcel Wizard UK address the price stays at £199, with £0 delivery, but if I choose my home Irish address the price changes £204.99 but the delivery stays at £0. So they are making it look like free delivery but actually loading the delivery cost on the product. How sneaky is that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

mika27 wrote: »
    Been watching this as well so thanks for the heads up. Interestingly, if I choose my Parcel Wizard UK address the price stays at £199, with £0 delivery, but if I choose my home Irish address the price changes £204.99 but the delivery stays at £0. So they are making it look like free delivery but actually loading the delivery cost on the product. How sneaky is that!

Not sneaky at all.

They apply Irish VAT rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JayReale

mika27 wrote:

Different Vat rates!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Found on hotukdeals

3104274.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

Anyone buying electronics off the warehouse or is better to just buy new?

The monitors will be cheap but no good if it has to be returned

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Soarer wrote: »
    Not sneaky at all.

They apply Irish VAT rates.

Ok...never noticed that before. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

If a Amazon ps4 deal goes live post here please thanking you

I've been fixated on getting the Vivoactive 3 for a long time. I got the original Vivoactive for £99 on black friday a few years back. The only thing that puts me off is the screen. It still looks just as poor as the original did with the backlight. Decisions decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Thomyokk wrote: »

I always buy warehouse deals and never had a problem. My TV, monitor, coffee maker, mobile phone etc are all from warehouse deals

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I always buy warehouse deals and never had a problem. My TV, monitor, coffee maker, mobile phone etc are all from warehouse deals

I've bought plenty too but have had to return 2/2 tvs and a few other bits. Would still buy again just to be aware its not always perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

sweetie wrote: »
    I've bought plenty too but have had to return 2/2 tvs and a few other bits. Would still buy again just to be aware its not always perfect

What's the return policy like with warehouse stuff? Can you return without issue (or cost) like a normal product or is it harder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

What's the return policy like with warehouse stuff? Can you return without issue (or cost) like a normal product or is it harder?

It's easy to return. Normally they'll offer for you to return for full refund or keep for X refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭j_lennon18

It was the exact same for me. Iv bought 2 times from warehouse deals and I had to return 1 item. I ordered that item to Parcel Motel so I even asked them if they could issue the return label from Ireland so I got an An Post label and returned for free.

I'm all set with my new account and free prime

Will top up the gift card later,it's better for changing your mind in a hurry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Any idea does the Warehouse 20% kick off at 12am tonight?

Can't remember what they do for Black Friday. Might be 20% off select items whereas the January sales is usually 20% off everything.

SachaJ wrote: »
    Any idea does the Warehouse 20% kick off at 12am tonight?

Can't remember what they do for Black Friday. Might be 20% off select items whereas the January sales is usually 20% off everything.

20% off everything I'd say

I had a 49" lg monitor bought last year for about 230 Euro,I changed my mind and cancelled it .

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wbd1989

Need to buy a Nintendo Switch, any thoughts if a console only offer will appear? There's a bundle available but both games are not on the list... or is this generally how console deals are offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

Google store US will have great deals starting tomorrow.

Does anyone know will the same deals be in their IE store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

Will the Fire tv 4k stick work in Ireland, Netflix or Amazon prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

lukeeman wrote: »
    Will the Fire tv 4k stick work in Ireland, Netflix or Amazon prime.

The non-4k one works perfectly in Ireland so I expect this will be the same Netlfix / Kodi / Prime Video etc.

I read on another thread on boards that if you sign up to Prime, then go onto chat and ask them to change your content region for Prime Video to the UK instead of Ireland they will do it with no questions asked so you can access much more content. Tried it and was up and running in 2 minutes.

Yes, monitors, optical instruments and any other product from the warehouse with a large margin of factory quality tolerance will be a hit and miss. Still, you can return them within 30 days with free return shipping, if there is a fault. Just keep in mind that warehouse products come without manufacturer's warranty and claiming under the Sale of Goods act could become problematic.

Yes, monitors, optical instruments and any other product from the warehouse with a large margin of factory quality tolerance will be a hit and miss. Still, you can return them within 30 days with free return shipping, if there is a fault. Just keep in mind that warehouse products come without manufacturer's warranty and claiming under the Sale of Goods act could become problematic.

Hi

I had this discussion with Amazon about warranty

Anything bar small warehouse items comes with a 1 yr warranty according to them

I know Amazon can be pretty relaxed about their own T&C, but nevertheless, this is from the main page of warehouse deals:

Do products come with a warranty?
    No. Used products generally do not come with a manufacturer's warranty but all of our items are backed by Amazon’s satisfaction guarantee.

I know Amazon can be pretty relaxed about their own T&C, but nevertheless, this is from the main page of warehouse deals:

Do products come with a warranty?
    No. Used products generally do not come with a manufacturer's warranty but all of our items are backed by Amazon’s satisfaction guarantee.

They can be strict enough too ime

All I can say is they told me most items have 1 yr warranty in the warehouse

I was looking at a used item recently and they told me on chat it had 1 yr

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hoping to pick up a Philips Airfryer. Believe they got down to about £70 last year, they are currently at £112

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Hoping to pick up a Philips Airfryer. Believe they got down to about £70 last year, they are currently at £112

I hear great things about them

It's hard to beat a bit of tin foil in the fan oven

All these fryers and George foremans and the like are a nightmare for cleaning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The air fryers are handy enough to clean, plus you can line them with tinfoil.

Best kitchen gizmo I’ve bought in years, have mine about 3 years now and it’s still going strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

have an airfryer for years, best kitchen gadget by a country mile

can put the container+basket in the dishwasher also

Advertisement