Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Needs a hardcore.....actual mode.

At the moment you can sponge bullets and tbh its fairly **** as long as that happens.

Potential to be a good game if a mode where you get shot you down is applied. been on all the alphas and it could be a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Corvo

Haven't played the Alpha's but certainly looks like my sort of game.

Unfortunately, I don't have many friends that play this sort of game (FIFA heads) so as usual, I'll get stuck with lads online that will be akin to John Rambo and wont play as a team, which is where the strongest element of this game looks to be.

As dreamers said above, I do hope they fix the kill time, as it needs to be punishing for reckless players. Hoping it will be like Counter Strike / "Rescue" in Battlefield HL - as in one life and thats that for the round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Technical test starts morrow, can preload it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭brady12

anyone on this?downloaded beta there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

As per the NDA, I may or may not be on this technical test and if I was on it, I imagine I would find it to be quite difficult to find a game, one might say.

kdjac on uplay, its actually quite good. No more bullet sponges.

Got a few decent games in tonight but seems to be taking an age to matchg make now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone know how long the beta is on for? Have redeemed a code but not back to my PC til Friday.

• Advertisement

played a bit this eve this doesnt capture my imagination maybe its because im sick of fps genre .spent 20 min playing and then back to pes.graphics bit of a let down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I too am also incld in the PS4 Beta, not as good as I taught it would be. Graphics are not next gen standard and sound is buggy at the moment along with the odd freeze and crash for me.

Early days will play away and report back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I went to download it and it say it wasn't out until the 24th. I guess the tech test is not the same as the beta? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Played a few games last night. Fun enough but does take a long time to get connected. As has already been stated, game doesn't look that special but that might change post the Beta.

Keep forgetting you can shoot tru walls. Unlocked a few operators and scopes last night, they really help.

It still shows promise, not too concerned about looks if the gameplay is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

dreamers75 wrote: »
    kdjac on uplay, its actually quite good. No more bullet sponges.

That's great to hear, they probably took the feedback seriously. looking forward to this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Vyse wrote: »
    Played a few games last night. Fun enough but does take a long time to get connected. As has already been stated, game doesn't look that special but that might change post the Beta.

its out in 3 weeks, would it really change that much?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    its out in 3 weeks, would it really change that much?

The full release has been pushed back till December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Bone-Idle still giving out keys for the closed beta, got one for the PC earlier.

Going play this for another hour or less now and see do in get into it more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Baron McBoomBoom

Have such fond memories of playing the original R6 with my mates on the N64. absolutely loved them though just the thoughts of playing it online is making me ragequit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anyone receive their uplay keys yet for PC?

* To answer my own question not everyone will get access today.
    Ubisoft wrote:
    Players will be granted access in waves to allow us to test server stability so we can optimize the player experience during the Beta. We’ll be adding new people every day, so be sure to check your email regularly."
    So unlucky people can get the email on sunday and on monday the beta ends...

Opens today for everyone, every night it has maint at 8pm to 10:30pm.

Matching making has died on its arse as more people were added during the week. it was fairly fast on the 1st day and now can take up to 10 minutes to even get a squad.

Pro tip: Once you get into a game with 9 others vote rematch to avoid the matchmaking screen.

That is the only issue so far this week (assuming the game actually loads for you), few tiny bugs here and there but overall a must buy game for me now.

How long is the Beta on for again?

Cravez wrote: »
    How long is the Beta on for again?

till the 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I've redeemed a key for the beta on the PS 4 but how do I actually download it? Also how big is the download?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its a closed beta afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Dcully wrote: »
    Its a closed beta afaik.

Yeah, I've already received an email from them saying I have guaranteed access to it. just wondering how I download it, is it from the PSN or do I get another email with details on how to access it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I had access to the last beta,think i have for this one but no email yet.

• Advertisement

Check Uplay should be in there ready to play if you redeemed or were on a previous.

That bone idle place is still giving away keys that work.

Advertisement