Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

• 16-12-2016 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3 BlueCandle

The new EO campaign has launched - information booklet to follow...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Registered interest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just applied.. here we go again with a campaign ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Same. I've been a Clerical officer for a year and I regretted not applying for the EO competition in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Just applied!! Was getting antsy wondering when this would come up

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Weekly working hours of 43 hours and 15mins and A/L starting at 23 days is pretty crap considering the grade, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭osullic

Here we go again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Applied there

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Yummymummy83

ruadh wrote: »
    Weekly working hours of 43 hours and 15mins and A/L starting at 23 days is pretty crap considering the grade, no?

Think it's standard. That is inclusive of your breaks. 23 AL is good starting point IMO, after all it's considered a trainee role.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

43.25 hours per week includes 1.25 hours for lunch per day. The clocked-in hours are 37 per week.

I think 23 days is a standard enough amount of leave for a relatively junior position.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

I'm a CO and my starting AL is more than that.
    Sorry, the hours make sense now. My contract obviously has the lunch deducted so just states 37 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I'm a CO as well and my starting AL is 22 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

43.25 hours per week includes 1.25 hours for lunch per day. The clocked-in hours are 37 per week.

I think 23 days is a standard enough amount of leave for a relatively junior position.

Eo is not a junior position in most departments. They are expected to carry quite a high workload and manage staff which is never easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Great! Have submitted application. It's so easy to put in - the recent HEO one was a huge form with quite detailed questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Halpenny

Here's the link for those who want it : https://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/campaignAdvert/47960.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

eimaj77 wrote: »
    Great! Have submitted application. It's so easy to put in - the recent HEO one was a huge form with quite detailed questions.
    You will be asked to complete a more detailed form before any interview. I think they're doing it this way because when they call people in a year and a half, their form will be out of date if they submit it now.

I'm a CO and my starting AL is more than that.
    Sorry, the hours make sense now. My contract obviously has the lunch deducted so just states 37 hours.

Clerical Officers start on 22 days annual leave per year. You were obviously a glitch in the system if you started on 24+ days.

Eo is not a junior position in most departments. They are expected to carry quite a high workload and manage staff which is never easy.

EO is the second rung of the administrative ladder. It's a junior manager. I think 23 days sounds about right for the level. I suppose it's up to prospective applicants to determine if it is suitable or not I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

I made a balls of the last EO maths portion last time around. I was too confident having sailed through previous AO competitions. This time around I not only intend to pass it but score highly. Im willing to spend a bit of money on pre-tests if anyone knows exactly which one will be used. I also need to improve on the work place scenarios. Is there somewhere that explains each one and gives the correct answer ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Hi I tried to apply and having trouble selecting the locations I want. I type in 1, 2 and I can't click on anything to say I want to pick those two locations. Will I need to contact public jobs office about this? Had anyone else trouble with selecting their location or have I missed something?

It ticks for all the other items on the online form but not for the locations. I've tried two different browsers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

doovdela wrote: »
    It ticks for all the other items on the online form but not for the locations. I've tried two different browsers.

I typed in 1 & 2

• Advertisement

I did that and my application form wouldn't go through said it didn't recognise the numbers and that I hadn't chosen my location(s). I sent public jobs an email just in case there is a glitch with it. Thanks I try that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Brilliant! Another campaign ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Does anyone know if being a clerical officer in the HSE would count towards having 2 plus years service requirement for applying?

Application finally worked for me thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Folks, does anyone know if you are an existing EO, can you apply for this, I couldn't see it in the booklet. The reason I ask is I recently got promoted as an EO and in the department I am in, one of the other EO's told me that they are not letting anyone transfer out of the department.

I am located in Dublin but live outside of Dublin and would like to transfer eventually to be closer to home.

Clerical Officers start on 22 days annual leave per year. You were obviously a glitch in the system if you started on 24+ days.

CO a/l and other conditions can vary across public and civil service, local authority leave was higher but salary scale didnt go nearly as high when i was a co transferring between

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

Hi all
    I am currently 10 years in a semi state company. We have our own pay scales but have seen on some documentation 'EO' even though our scale is slightly higher than EO scale. Do you automatically go to bottom of pay scale?
    Im nearer the top of my own scale so would be a good pay drop. I have a very long commute though and would apply anyway in the hope of getting closer to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭starf1sh

Folks, does anyone know if you are an existing EO, can you apply for this, I couldn't see it in the booklet. The reason I ask is I recently got promoted as an EO and in the department I am in, one of the other EO's told me that they are not letting anyone transfer out of the department.

Of course you can apply, it's an open competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

I am so glad they are allowing for location preference this time!!

• Advertisement

Hi all
    I am currently 10 years in a semi state company. We have our own pay scales but have seen on some documentation 'EO' even though our scale is slightly higher than EO scale. Do you automatically go to bottom of pay scale?
    Im nearer the top of my own scale so would be a good pay drop. I have a very long commute though and would apply anyway in the hope of getting closer to home.

I'm not 100% sure if it is the same coming from the Public Sector, but for existing Civil Servants, you don't take a pay cut but you "mark time". That is, you wouldn't get an increment until the scale catches up with what you are currently paid.

You have to weigh up whether you'd be happy to stay on the same money for the next few years with no increments.

It all depends on your current pay, how long until you reach the top, how long from retirement, etc., etc.

Advertisement