Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing Syndicate.

• 10-06-2017 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭

A couple of months ago I started a thread about a new racing syndicate,York Thoroughbred Racing.

The mods ruled that I was in breach of the rules and took down the thread,fair enough,I was not aware I was breaking any rules and fully accepted the the mods decision.

Well the syndicate had its first winner today,when the only horse in the syndicates distinctive colours TWENTYTWOWONTDO beat an odds on Mark Johnstone horse,Villa Tora in the 1 40 at Catterick for our trainer David OMeara.

Having its 3rd run for the syndicate TWENTYTWOWONTDO was backed from 4/1 last night and 3/1 this morning into 7/4 to win for Y T R. We are all delighted and are off to the sales in july for another horse to run for the fun loving syndicate and hopefully our colours will be in the winners enclosure again very soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Well done

Didn't see your normal overnight post tipping it up?

In fact, sadly, you seem a lot quieter these days -a loss to these forums in my opinion, your overnight posts used to be a great insight for the days racing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

abarkie wrote: »
    Well done

Didn't see your normal overnight post tipping it up?

In fact, sadly, you seem a lot quieter these days -a loss to these forums in my opinion, your overnight posts used to be a great insight for the days racing

As a member of the syndicate (have a 5% share in the syndicate) I am not free to pass on info in advance. However I have made known my interest in the horse and the fact that York Thoroughbred Racing is the name of the syndicate I am involved with and while I would like to point anyone in the direction of a winner I cannot post real info on syndicate horses for obvious reasons.If we have a horse entered (we hope to have another one in our colours soon) I would not be averse to responding to a private message.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

I'm delighted for you zimmer. You are so passionate and so informative about racing and I hope all the syndicate's horses do well for ye. Congratulations! edited to ask...were you actually there when the horse won? What was it like watching the race?

minibear wrote: »
    I'm delighted for you zimmer. You are so passionate and so informative about racing and I hope all the syndicate's horses do well for ye. Congratulations! edited to ask...were you actually there when the horse won? What was it like watching the race?

Sadly I was not there,i have been racing in and around York and flights to Leeds or Manchester from Ireland are very cheap,York where David OMeara trains is surrounded by racecourses and he always has lots of runners.

On this occasion I could not travel because I had a relative from the USA coming to Ireland for the first time and I had to be here,but enjoyed it it on the tv and got a few quid.

So for the record,two people living and working in racing in York have set up a racing club,have their own colours and arrangements with a trainer to train any horses the club would obtain.

The syndicate will race different horses in their colours,all horses are fully owned by the members in 5% shares as a minimum,though one can have a 50% or even a 100% share in any particular horse.

Different horses will have different owners and some syndicate members will have shares in a number of horses.
    All the horses who race in the syndicates colours are fully owned by the members.

I am only a 5% investor but I will invest another 5% in another horse if I like the horse in question.

I do not care if anyone but myself invests in the syndicate and I am in it for the fun and pleasure I get from it.This is a very small operation that is slowly getting off the ground,it has done everything in accordance with best practice,it is registered with Wetherby's,has its own colours,its own trainer in place and is managed by two young and highly respected (in racing where they work) people.

I will provide email addresses,twitter accounts,names and addresses for anyone who wants to check out the facts as I present them and of course David Omeara who is associated and trains for the syndicate can be contacted by anyone who wishes to seek verification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

This is a very constructive advertisement for the racing syndicate. Hopefully more will be encouraged to advertise here.

BumperD wrote: »
    This is a very constructive advertisement for the racing syndicate. Hopefully more will be encouraged to advertise here.
    More mischief from yourself and your mutual admiration society,though I am certain that most genuine posters here are well aware of that.

More mischief from yourself and your mutual admiration society,though I am certain that most genuine posters here are well aware of that.

Incorrect Zimmer, think your getting a bit caught up in your own mania....

Incorrect Zimmer, think your getting a bit caught up in your own mania....

I am not caught up in anything,i deal in facts.I like the forums,i do not see them as tribunals and people like you make me want to stop contributing.

My interest in posting here is much reduced by yourself and a couple of what seem like your buddies who never contribute anything worthwhile but constantly belittle others.

I have no idea what your rabbiting on about, or your mutual admiration society. If you've stopped posting all of a sudden blame yourself, no need for the victim card. Good luck with the syndicate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I'd say the crackdown on aftertiming has probably contributed to the reduced posting aswell.

I have no idea what your rabbiting on about, or your mutual admiration society. If you've stopped posting all of a sudden blame yourself, no need for the victim card. Good luck with the syndicate

Me a victim?ha ha your self delusion knows no bounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Me a victim?ha ha your self delusion knows no bounds.

Zimmer, fcuk the begrudgers...dont know what the big issue is with aftertiming.
    So what if you take on a bet you didnt post up...its not a competition to see whos best,its all about making a few quid and i do be delighted to see people make money even if I wasnt on it.

Good luck with your syndicate and if you want somewhere to post your fancies,tips and thoughts with no aggro from anyone if you aftertime PM me and ill give you a link...its a small group of punters sharing bets with the sole intention of making money,it costs nothing and its got a lot of knowlegdeable people.
    Every single one of them are good sorts and if anyone gives any grief to anyone else they are kicked out..Its by far the most friendly horse racing forum ive ever been involved in...they created theyre own forum because of the same sh1t you see on here,theres 60-70 of us and the main players are showing profit each month for the past 2 months the forum is open...plus the books are available on the old forum too showing profit every month...they do the books up every month to show profit and loss,its totally open and there is 0 bullsh1t....PM me bud we would be glad of your contribution.

York Thoroughbred Racing (YTB) manager,with our trainer David OMeara are attending the Horses in training sale in Newmarket this week when price permitting we hope the syndicate can get a horse to give us a bit of fun and hopefully be good enough to win a race or two for us.

I will let boardies know if we get a horse for our budget.

Plata O Plomo is now owned by York Thoroughbred Racing,was bought at the Newmarket sales yesterday for£24,000 by the syndicate manager Jodi who was at the sales with David OMeara.

A bit over budget but we can manage that,David thinks he can improve the gelding though on paper I think we may have get his rating down a little,who knows?

We own the horse and we are experienced enough to know that all hobbies cost money and horse owning is more expensive than some but we hope to have fun along the way and with a little luck we may reach the winner's enclosure if the horse remains sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Plata O Plomo is now owned by York Thoroughbred Racing,was bought at the Newmarket sales yesterday for£24,000 by the syndicate manager Jodi who was at the sales with David OMeara.

A bit over budget but we can manage that,David thinks he can improve the gelding though on paper I think we may have get his rating down a little,who knows?

We own the horse and we are experienced enough to know that all hobbies cost money and horse owning is more expensive than some but we hope to have fun along the way and with a little luck we may reach the winner's enclosure if the horse remains sound.

Best of luck with him Zimmer....

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

Looking forward to hearing updates about him. :)

Got a nice video of him doing some fast work this morning and should be out in the next few weeks.

York Thoroughbred Racing had its 2nd runner in its colours today in the 2 15 at Catterick and almost made a winning debut when a head 2nd to the fav,i am not involved with this but it runs in our colours and is managed by the person who manages our syndicate on behalf of another group.

Two horses have run for YTB and a winner and one beaten in a photo is not bad.I hope the luck continues when Plata O Plomo has its first run for us in the near future.

Plata is settling in well,needed a bit of calming when he came to the yard and is going well in his work.

First run for us is provisionally pencilled in for Sept 9th at Thirsk in an 85 handicap,the Irish contingent already booking flights and looking forward to meeting up with the York based members and having dinner and some refreshments! on sat night in York,flights to Leeds only around twenty quid and we get the train to York.

I will try to pass on an objective view on the horses chance on the day on the basis of what I am told.

• Advertisement

A nice winner in our colours (York Thoroughbred Racing) today when Three Saints Bay wins the maiden 2 10 Redcar at 12/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

can you send me the link

Stable visit to David Omeara's in the morning when our two year old Dandyman--Eolith colt will be out for a gallop,tea,coffee will be served before the dozen or so syndicate members of York Thoroughbred Racing who own the colt head off to the pub and consider the list of names we have submitted.

If one name is agreed then thats the job done,if not a name will be drawn from a hat.The colt is progressing well and should be out early on turf and i will post the name here tomorrow,looking forward to the season ahead and if we have half the fun we had with Prince Elzaam we will be very lucky.

The syndicate members have enough cash from the sale of Prince Elzaam and we will buy another one at the breeze up sales.

MANOLITH is the name of our 2 year old,he went up the gallops a couple of times this morning,looks well and we are looking forward to his first run.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

MANOLITH is the name of our 2 year old,he went up the gallops a couple of times this morning,looks well and we are looking forward to his first run.
    Best of luck with him Zimmer...

We got our second colt for this year at the Ascot breeze up sales today.A Free Eagle colt out of Best Be Careful,a big strong colt who breezed well and should be running in about 6 weeks.

Runs in the Yorkthoroughbred racing colours and will be trained in Newmarket by Tom Clover,a young trainer who is not long set up on his own.

MANOLITH will have his first run next monday at Pontefract over 5 furlongs,he will probably come on for the run and i will update closer to race time

One or two good ones in on monday,we have an entry at Beverly on wed as well but we would prefer Pontefract if Mark Johnsons one that was 2nd last time does'nt run.

MANOLITH declared for mon in the first at Pontrefact.Mark Johnstone has one beaten a nk when fav on its only start in the Hamdan colours and Karl Burke has one who was third last time and we should not beat these two.

If our fellow shows promise in this company i will be happy with his first run and will not be going over for this race.

Word is that MANOLITH will run ok and we are hoping that he runs on at the finish and shows some promise with the near future in mind and today is a bit of a fact finding mission.

Not the best start for Manolith,Danny Tudhope reported that the horse stumbled and lost his action on the bend and he eased him and almost pulled him up.He seems to be ok and we will try to find out exactly what happened tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Manolith engaged at Ripon on saturday and Southwell on monday.

His last run may be forgiven as the Racing Post reperted on his run as follows "tracked leader pushed along 2f out headway and ran green when not much room over 1f out,stumbled slightly and lost action inside final furlong soon eased."

That report may help to explain what looked a disappointing run and we are hoping for a much better run next time,will update when plans are finalised,our Free Eagle colt is pleasing his trainer in Newmarket and will have a name very soon.

Advertisement