Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adare pricing

• 31-08-2017 2:47pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

So it's going to cost over €400 in peak season to play there...

Membership will be €5000 a year...

Adare prices revealed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

€340 a round :eek: That counts me out of playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ballyk wrote: »
    €340 a round :eek: That counts me out of playing it.

€340 for a round or only €150 for 9 holes

I think I'll play 9 holes twice :D

then again, they might throw a few deals up on just golf etc every so often :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

no thanks!!

Shows you the market its directed at though doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

For a game in Limerick? Na thanks:D

Anyone know if the new hotel will be taking Supervalu break vouchers?;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Padraig could have put on a pair of slacks!!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    no thanks!!

Shows you the market its directed at though doesn't it?

Just like the new Hogs Head in Waterville, same price bracket I believe, and from what I've been told, they will only take 8 green fees a day @€;350 a head...exclusive members course

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

The boom just got boomier baby...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Dbu wrote: »
    Just like the new Hogs Head in Waterville, same price bracket I believe, and from what I've been told, they will only take 8 green fees a day @€;350 a head...exclusive members course

Jesus. Weeee're back baby!!

How do they expect to sustain the course/club taking only a max of 8 green fees a day!?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tommypepper

ronnie3585 wrote: »

How do they expect to sustain the course/club taking only a max of 8 green fees a day!?

Thought you were talking about Hogs Head re 8 green fees.
    I apologise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

€60 for a cart?! Are they having a ****ing laugh?

fullstop wrote: »
    €60 for a cart?! Are they having a ****ing laugh?

It wasn't long ago that €50 was standard price for a cart in any run of the mill course

• Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Owned by a tax exile who hasn't paid tax in Ireland in 20 years. A great little country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Owned by a tax exile who hasn't paid tax in Ireland in 20 years. A great little country.

Let we not forgot the amount of local employment this man has created, the number of scholarships he personally funds every year, the number of charities he donates to, and the new wing to the local hospital, he has done so much for county, I think I can forgive him for being a tax exile as you put it, at least his money is well spent and accounted for, where do the majority of our taxes go?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Running Balance

august12 wrote:
    Let we not forgot the amount of local employment this man has created, the number of scholarships he personally funds every year, the number of charities he donates to, and the new wing to the local hospital, he has done so much for county, I think I can forgive him for being a tax exile as you put it, at least his money is well spent and accounted for, where do the majority of our taxes go?

Plus one on this - better than the likes of the healy rae s siphoning from the state..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

God bless the Americans

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Plus one on this - better than the likes of the healy rae s siphoning from the state..

Same parish pump nonsense to be honest .and at least healy raes are elected and pay tax.

Both as bad as each other. No jp worse

Sorry not for me. Wouldn't play it for free.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

With JP been a man of the people, disappointing to see this pricing strategy and elitist nonsense. It's a working class country, let's not forget your roots JP. Sad they'd rather American golfers over their own. No matter how much money you earn no game of golf is worth more than €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Paulzx

august12 wrote: »

The rest of us just pay tax. We don't get a say on where it's spent.

Why does he get to decide where his money goes in lieu of paying tax?

Maybe I'll withold my PAYE next year and donate it to the local football team.

Sure the lads will think I'm a great lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Seve OB wrote: »
    It wasn't long ago that €50 was standard price for a cart in any run of the mill course

I've never paid more than €30 for one, usually around €25.

Paulzx wrote: »
    The rest of us just pay tax. We don't get a say on where it's spent.

Why does he get to decide where his money goes in lieu of paying tax?

Maybe I'll withold my PAYE next year and donate it to the local football team.

Sure the lads will think I'm a great lad

Hold on a minute there.

He doesn't have to do what he does and spend what he does. He chooses to. And he doesn't do it in lieu of paying tax.

Hold on a minute there.

He doesn't have to do what he does and spend what he does. He chooses to. And he doesn't do it in lieu of paying tax.

Exactly he doesn't need to do what he does.

He could be just like Michael O'leary - and be tax resident.

How do you know his motives, even if they are fully altruistic - we would prefer he is a normal Irish citizen and not his charitable subservients.

About time Irish government closed in on these nonsence tax loop holes. Menawhile we pay USC.

Back to golf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

morrga wrote: »
    With JP been a man of the people, disappointing to see this pricing strategy and elitist nonsense. It's a working class country, let's not forget your roots JP. Sad they'd rather American golfers over their own. No matter how much money you earn no game of golf is worth more than €100.
    He rebuilt the place, surely he can charge what he wants? It is like giving out about someone building a 5 start hotel and giving out he/she charges too much. This place will thrive, there are plenty of rich people out there willing to pay that amount of money to play golf in Ireland! Hes not going to worry about us thats for sure!

ronnie3585 wrote: »

When the owner is a billionaire its quite easy.
    Its not about making money, its his hobby

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭benny79

I'll just play in their open days so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭paulos53

A 3k jump in membership fees is a tough one for the members having waited patiently for 2 years for the course to re-open

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

One for the society next year...

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Hold on a minute there.

He's an irish citizen who chooses not to reside here for tax reasons. He wants the benefits of being an irish citizen but not the tax responsabilites.

You're correct. He doesn't have to give money.

Unfortunately, the rest of us don't have that choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Paulzx wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the rest of us don't have that choice

Everyone has the choice, few have the means.

There are lads evading (illegal) tax in every part of the country. If you've ever taken or looked for a cash in hand deal then you're part of that. We've a healthy disrespect for authority in general.

If I was rich enough, I would avoid (legal) paying tax as much as possible. Don't think I'll be playing Adare until I do.

Advertisement