Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S8 SIM Free - £589.99 Amazon UK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭The lips

Can still be got a lot cheaper from other amazon sites, but if amazon.co.uk is your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭SachaJ

The lips wrote: »
    Can still be got a lot cheaper from other amazon sites, but if amazon.co.uk is your thing.

Agreed, can be gotten cheaper on Amazon.it but I prefer the UK site myself for quick shipping (Prime).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

It's 559 euro on Amazon.de German amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

519£ now on amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

Its 589.99 on amazon, the cheaper prices are marketplace sellers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

BArra wrote: »
    Its 589.99 on amazon, the cheaper prices are marketplace sellers
    Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

What does it show under 'in stock'

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭IsaacWunder

What's the cheapest price from a reputable EU site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

What's the cheapest price from a reputable EU site?

555 euros delivered from Amazon Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

555 euros delivered from Amazon Italy.

Is it worth 550 e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

kala85 wrote: »
    Is it worth 550 e

I suppose that's subjective. If you're a smart-phone/Android enthusiast looking for the cutting edge, many agree it's the best phone out there at the moment. It's about 250 euros cheaper than when it was released. It is very similar to the iPhone X in both design and specs, but 500 euros cheaper.

Of course these days you can get very good feature packed Android phones for less than 200e, like the Moto G5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It is €554.88 including delivery to Ireland on Amazon Germany

and €539.22 delivered to PW/PM/AP Which is roughly €543 delivered in total.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XJ49G5B

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

Suckit wrote: »
    It is €554.88 including delivery to Ireland on Amazon Germany

and €539.22 delivered to PW/PM/AP Which is roughly €543 delivered in total.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XJ49G5B

Would there any issues with returning items if problems arose with it being a german web site

Never purchased outside of .co.uk before

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

They're all E.U.

for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Dermondo wrote: »
    Would there any issues with returning items if problems arose with it being a german web site

Never purchased outside of .co.uk before

thanks in advance

It's a bit of a pain.I had to return a phone to Amazon Germany last year which had a screen problem.
    An Post won't accept it due to their policy on batteries. Amazon are good., but I had to ship it via a ground carrier at a cost of around 60 euro. it took a while to get back and Amazon refunded me the shipping cost. They shipped a replacement before i returned the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

CH3OH wrote: »
    It's a bit of a pain.I had to return a phone to Amazon Germany last year which had a screen problem.
    An Post won't accept it due to their policy on batteries. Amazon are good., but I had to ship it via a ground carrier at a cost of around 60 euro. it took a while to get back and Amazon refunded me the shipping cost. They shipped a replacement before i returned the original.

just go to Samsung store in dundrum (if you're based in dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

CH3OH wrote: »

I had to return a phone to amazon uk and they had a ROI returns label for An Post Portlaoise, prepaid.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sorry to drag this up. I'm looking on Amazon.de but it's saying they don't ship to Ireland. How do I go about working around this?:) Thanks

"Augusta Versand" may not ship to Ireland but plenty of other sellers do - including Amazon.de (I have one from there @ €529)

All sellers: https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B06XJ49G5B/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Check CamelCamelCamel to get it at best price: https://de.camelcamelcamel.com/Samsung-Smartphone-Touch-Display-interner-Speicher-midnight-black/product/B06XJ49G5B

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

"Augusta Versand" may not ship to Ireland but plenty of other sellers do - including Amazon.de (I have one from there @ €529)

All sellers: https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B06XJ49G5B/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Check CamelCamelCamel to get it at best price: https://de.camelcamelcamel.com/Samsung-Smartphone-Touch-Display-interner-Speicher-midnight-black/product/B06XJ49G5B

I'm approaching with caution. Across Europe and even Canada to buy it's the RRP. Yet on some Amazon sites it's cheaper and on Adverts it's cheaper again.

I'd be hesitant if it wasn't the real deal or, was different to the Ireland model.

You don't trust stock fulfilled by Amazon Germany? OK then. Who exactly would you consider more trustworthy so?

I've bought this S8 and a Sony Z5 from these guys. Only issue is the European plug on the charger but I just add an adapter (the type you clamp on to make it a single unit).

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

Sully wrote: »
    Sorry to drag this up. I'm looking on Amazon.de but it's saying they don't ship to Ireland. How do I go about working around this?:) Thanks

I bought with amazon.fr, just bought it a few days ago so still waiting for it to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

anyone know which seller they used to buy from amazon italy?
    i am looking at Cellularishop, GLOBALPHONE SRLS and NEOPHONIA

• Registered Users Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Brand new ones on adverts.ie cheaper from a proper shop in Dublin, just saying. Wonder if this is rated to the Oneplus 5T release later this month?, I know I'm waiting to buy an S8 or the 5T based on the camera reviews primarily. The lack of headphone jack on other flagships is a total dealbreaker for me.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

Supercell wrote: »
    Brand new ones on adverts.ie cheaper from a proper shop in Dublin, just saying. Wonder if this is rated to the Oneplus 5T release later this month?, I know I'm waiting to buy an S8 or the 5T based on the camera reviews primarily. The lack of headphone jack on other flagships is a total dealbreaker for me.

I will be using Gift Card that i have from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

4real wrote: »
    anyone know which seller they used to buy from amazon italy?
    i am looking at Cellularishop, GLOBALPHONE SRLS and NEOPHONIA

I used Global phone srls. Phone is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Supercell wrote: »

Any links to the shop on adverts as there's so many for sale there.

Need to pick one up but only offput with the EU one's on amazon is the charger although not a huge issue

You don't trust stock fulfilled by Amazon Germany? OK then. Who exactly would you consider more trustworthy so?

I've bought this S8 and a Sony Z5 from these guys. Only issue is the European plug on the charger but I just add an adapter (the type you clamp on to make it a single unit).

I thought there were just third party sellers but I can see Amazon.de are selling an S8 for 588 so not a third party, my bad!

• Advertisement

5500 wrote: »
    Any links to the shop on adverts as there's so many for sale there.

Need to pick one up but only offput with the EU one's on amazon is the charger although not a huge issue

I bought a bunch of EU -> UK/IRL permanent adapter plugs a while back and clamp them around any EU chargers I end up with. Then there's no twiddling with travel adapters.

Something like these. Note large opening for EU charger - or bigger if can find one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EU-Euro-2-Pin-to-UK-3-Pin-Plug-AC-Universal-Adapter-Travel-Converter-European-/322848653369

The charger that came with the S8 is bigger than just an EU plug you see in the pics. DO NOT get one with a small opening like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-Black-Euro-2-Pin-to-UK-3-Pin-Converter-Plug-Adapter-TRAVEL-ADAPTER-/252596994550

Advertisement