Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Driver Tester Recruitment Campaign 2017 – 2018 (closing - 5.30pm Friday 5th January)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Did anyone apply for this? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,338 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

job seeker wrote: »

I was tempted until I saw that you need to have a full licence for 5 years. Only have mine three years :rolleyes:

I was tempted until I saw that you need to have a full licence for 5 years. Only have mine three years :rolleyes:

Same here, I have mine 4 years and 9 months. Despite having 6 yeas no claims bonus on my car policy. I applied, although they didn't accept my application.. :eek: I was reading on last years thread, that there was an age limit of 26. So this was scraped this year and replaced with the above!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,338 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Same here, I have mine 4 years and 9 months. Despite having 6 yeas no claims bonus on my car policy. I applied, although they didn't accept my application.. :eek: I was reading on last years thread, that there was an age limit of 26. So this was scraped this year and replaced with the above!

I never realised how well paid they are :eek: I suppose in a sense your putting your life in someone else's hands.

Ah well, their loss. We would of been fabulous :D

I never realised how well paid they are :eek: I suppose in a sense your putting your life in someone else's hands.

Ah well, their loss. We would of been fabulous :D

True! :pac:
    But yeah, the money is fantastic! Even the starting wage is is great!

That's it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

My husband applied for this. Waiting now for online aptitude test which he's not looking forward to!

teggers5 wrote: »
    My husband applied for this. Waiting now for online aptitude test which he's not looking forward to!

Best of luck to him! :)

It's like everything! It's worth giving it a go anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭kerb

did he get a email to say he is one of the chosen ones i applied but heard nothing yet ???

kerb wrote: »
    did he get a email to say he is one of the chosen ones i applied but heard nothing yet ???

I believe that you should have receive an E-mail regardless.. I hadn't my B licence long enough (2 or 3 months short) and they contacted me to say that I wouldn't be considered!

He has only got the email to say they received his application. I think it's tomorrow when they start contacting people about the aptitude tests.
    Fingers crossed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

He has only got the email to say they received his application. I think it's tomorrow when they start contacting people about the aptitude tests.
    Fingers crossed!!

Same email received here .

The 2016 thread makes for very interesting reading - don't know whether there was insider knowledge behind the post re 'unless your were a tester or driving instructor previously, waste of time applying' ...

Best of luck to you! :)

The 2016 thread makes for very interesting reading - don't know whether there was insider knowledge behind the post re 'unless your were a tester or driving instructor previously, waste of time applying' ...

Absolute dung! Pass no heed! Best of luck! :)

Hopefully that's not the case but nothing to lose by applying anyway.

Hopefully that's not the case but nothing to lose by applying anyway.

I personally know someone who got it a couple of years ago. In the end he didn't take it as he got his salary increased and stayed in his current job. But the above is incorrect.

Good, thanks. No word yet today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

I applied for this. Got my confirmation email on the 21st December and nothing since. Spoke to CMcN last week and they said the invitations for aptitude testing are going to be sent today. Still haven't gotten one. Concerning when the window for these 2 tests is only a week. Will give them a call tomorrow and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭kerb

pajopearl wrote: »
    I applied for this. Got my confirmation email on the 21st December and nothing since. Spoke to CMcN last week and they said the invitations for aptitude testing are going to be sent today. Still haven't gotten one. Concerning when the window for these 2 tests is only a week. Will give them a call tomorrow and see what happens.

i got same as you got no new reply either not looking good so :(

i got same as you got no new reply either not looking good so :(

In the thread for the previous campaign some people said that they had been advised that their applications were not going to be progressed before the closing date so I wouldn't say it's not looking good just yet :)

pajopearl wrote: »
    In the thread for the previous campaign some people said that they had been advised that their applications were not going to be progressed before the closing date so I wouldn't say it's not looking good just yet :)

Yes, ye'll receive an e-mail either way!

• Advertisement

No word here yet today either

No word here yet today either

Just spoke with them. Girl I spoke with said they'll be sending out the emails towards the end of the week so presumably later this evening or tomorrow.

Thanks for that pajopearl. Out of curiosity, did she happen to mention what sort of numbers applied? I'd imagine it was in the 1000s?

Thanks for that pajopearl. Out of curiosity, did she happen to mention what sort of numbers applied? I'd imagine it was in the 1000s?

I've no idea and I didn't ask either. For some reason I wouldn't think it's as many as last time. If this thread is anything to go by. Or maybe people just aren't willing to show their hand.

Just got the invitation email. 2 tests to complete before this day next week. Nerves kick in now 😂

Here too!

Best of luck everyone.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Got the invite for the test too

Will complete it tomorrow when the kids are at creche!!!

My hubby got the link for the tests today too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 De Plank

Has anybody else applied for this & heard absolutely nothing ?

Just wondering did I do it correctly, was the application form just 1 page & cv enclosed or did i miss something , cheers

Advertisement