Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb SIRO 1000 mbps €10 pm for two months, then €55pm

• 06-05-2018 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Just saw this with Digiweb, limited time offer. I know they wont be in everyone's area, but it is a hell of a deal!

1,000mbps only 10 Euro per month for first two months, Then 55 Euro pm after that, which his till 30 Euro cheaper than it is currently as the 1,000mbps package is normally 85 Euro pm.

Link below:

https://www.digiweb.ie/product/electric-broadband-1000/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Looks very tasty. Currently paying 52.50 Virgin for standard 120/10. Is anyone with Digiweb at the moment, how are they? Last time was with them in 2005 or something, thought they don't exist anymore

btw: A once-off activation fee of €49 applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭eurokev

XVII wrote:
    Looks very tasty. Currently paying 52.50 Virgin for standard 120/10. Is anyone with Digiweb at the moment, how are they? Last time was with them in 2005 or something, thought they don't exist anymore

XVII wrote:

I'm with them the last 4 months and find them great. No issues at all.

BTW if you recommend somebody to sign up both get €30 credit.

Anybody thinking of joining digiweb can pm me, and we can save a bit by passing on account numbers, if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The only thing stopping me from swapping Virgin for SIRO is the cap. 1TB on a gigabit connection is absolutely ridiculous. You could use your monthly limit in a few hours if you tried.

For anyone who uses less than 1TB/month though it looks to be a great offer. I've heard positive feedback from my friends & neighbors who switched to SIRO with Vodafone here in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

XVII wrote: »

Yes, but if you take the phone package for €10pm extra, it is waived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Vodafone doing a SIRO deal, €25 for 6 months,€55 after that. Seems a slightly better deal than Digiweb.....if they're both 18 month contracts?If Digiweb is only 12,then its a better deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

toby2111 wrote: »
    Vodafone doing a SIRO deal, €25 for 6 months,€55 after that. Seems a slightly better deal than Digiweb.....if they're both 18 month contracts?If Digiweb is only 12,then its a better deal!

plus you get a much better modem.
    The only good thing about vodafone is that the price in theory is locked in for 18 months whereas the digiweb one could rise after 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

How do they get the fibre cable into the house. I have an underground cable from a cabinet outside and it is into the meter box. How do they bring the fibre in from the meter box / cabinet into the house.

Also the comparisn with Virgin is not completly accurate as for about 55 Euro you get a phone line with a lot of minutes including mobile minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

TheDriver wrote: »
    plus you get a much better modem.
    The only good thing about vodafone is that the price in theory is locked in for 18 months whereas the digiweb one could rise after 12.
    I've filled in the digweb form re service check but anyone know if it's available in lusk North County Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Oat23 wrote: »
    The only thing stopping me from swapping Virgin for SIRO is the cap. 1TB on a gigabit connection is absolutely ridiculous. You could use your monthly limit in a few hours if you tried.
    Is 1TB low for an average user?On a gigabit connection,is data used up more quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Digiweb is 12 months.

I'm paying €50 with SKY, and they still haven't announced their Siro launch date, so I'm seriously considering this.

• Advertisement

Is 1TB low for an average user?On a gigabit connection,is data used up more quickly?

1TB will only be hit by extremely heavy users. I'm in a house with 5 people and ditched sky a couple of months ago, so using IPTV/Netflix/YouTube etc. Even with all streaming, we're not (quite) hitting 1TB/month.

Our main TV is 4k as well, so Netflix would stream at max bandwidth on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I had digiweb years ago but line of sight got killed as with high trees.

Basil3 wrote: »
    1TB will only be hit by extremely heavy users. I'm in a house with 5 people and ditched sky a couple of months ago, so using IPTV/Netflix/YouTube etc. Even with all streaming, we're not (quite) hitting 1TB/month.

Our main TV is 4k as well, so Netflix would stream at max bandwidth on that.

Not if you use any cloud based security cameras.. Could max out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Digiweb site says Dublin, but the thing is the SIRO checker says it's not available in my area.

It's great to see 1GB speeds starting to come to life in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭matchthis

Never thought I’d have to worry about a 1tb cap, but Christmas proved its possible. 5 of us in house and we all have at least iPads. I rarely watch tv at all so it’s all Netflix and 4od and the likes. Looking to move to sky as they don’t have a cap

Just good to know what happens when you hit the cap and how can it be monitored

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

I have the 1GB (Siro) with Vodafone, great product, speeds don't drop at peak hours like fibre/dsl broadband and hasn't gone down once since installation back in January.

Not if you use any cloud based security cameras.. Could max out

I have a number of Nest cameras and they warn at high quality they could upload 300MB per month each. I would go 50% over on cameras alone. :)

• dingding wrote: »
    I have a number of Nest cameras and they warn at high quality they could upload 300MBGB per month each. I would go 50% over on cameras alone. :)

:)

Showing my age. :)

Showing my age. :)

• Advertisement

Billing period Downloaded Uploaded Total
    07 Apr - 06 May 171.78 GB 504.50 GB 676.28 GB

With 5 nest cameras.

I would imagine most of the upload is the cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Pique

Been with Digiweb 12 years. Letterkenny and they've consistently been the best value connection and bb + phone on normal fttc has been flawless. From 7mbps in 2006 to current 75mbps. Thought about gigabit but I don't need it. From customer service perspective I would have no qualms recommending them.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Pique wrote: »
    Been with Digiweb 12 years. Letterkenny and they've consistently been the best value connection and bb + phone on normal fttc has been flawless. From 7mbps in 2006 to current 75mbps. Thought about gigabit but I don't need it. From customer service perspective I would have no qualms recommending them.

I have several digiweb accounts for last 10 years. No significant issues. If anyone wants account numbers for referral credit you can pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Rainislove

I am using digiweb siro for 6 months. Its fantastic... If some one wishes for a referral code, PM...

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭go4it

I've filled in the digweb form re service check but anyone know if it's available in lusk North County Dublin!

check siro.ie/roll-out/#

1TB will do for the 'average user' for browsing and some light video streaming/yt/netflix

Depending on ping and latency , could be attractive for game players also

Unlimited is for the heavy downloaders : more people are waiting for the blueray/4k releases to be available for download to the personal movie database..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think to say 1TB is only suitable for 'light streamers' is madness.

We've 4K Netflix on in the house constantly and also somewhat regular downloading of large files and there's not a chance we'd hit 1TB a month.

I would say the only people who would need more than 1TB would be people who are downloading/uploading fairly abnormal amounts of data, anyone who does the usual streaming/some downloading/games/etc won't have to worry about it.

go4it wrote: »
    check siro.ie/roll-out/#

1TB will do for the 'average user' for browsing and some light video streaming/yt/netflix

Depending on ping and latency , could be attractive for game players also

Unlimited is for the heavy downloaders : more people are waiting for the blueray/4k releases to be available for download to the personal movie database..

Nest camera upload be my biggest usage

• Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I think to say 1TB is only suitable for 'light streamers' is madness.

We've 4K Netflix on in the house constantly and also somewhat regular downloading of large files and there's not a chance we'd hit 1TB a month.

I would say the only people who would need more than 1TB would be people who are downloading/uploading fairly abnormal amounts of data, anyone who does the usual streaming/some downloading/games/etc won't have to worry about it.

It depends on the bitrate of what you're streaming, not just the length of time it's running.

For example my IPTV runs the 1080p channels at 4500kbps. That's 2GB per hour and we have 4 boxes in the house.

The Plex server I use is loaded with blu ray remuxes and 4K remuxes. These are anywhere between 20GB and 60GB per movie but it tends to average around 40GB. 1 remux movie and lets say 5 hours of live tv across the 4 boxes is 50GB in a day or 1TB in 3 weeks.

That's before we even talk about browsing, youtube and all the other stuff that goes on.

1TB just isn't enough now and anyone who thinks it is really doesn't need gigabit internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Can’t believe the 1tb cap.
    On eircom’s 7meg dsl broadband myself and a mate were downloading over 600gb a month and that was back in 2007-2012.
    On fiber now something like 60/15 and my usage is easily a 1tb as I have a plex server for streaming as well.
    Add in iCloud backups every month as well as one drive and it all adds up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Having 4 high bitrate boxes in one household and streaming 40-60GB flawless movies is not even remotely indicative of an average user, to be even vaguely realistic about it.

4K Netflix uses a fraction of that and would be far more representative of a normal user.

You haven't really disputed my comment at all....which was that to say 1TB is only for light streaming is pretty mad.

I stream a lot of 4K netflix, download a lot of video files that would probably average about 8GB per file, as well as the usual browsing/gaming/youtube/whatever as part of a shared 360MB connection, and we're not hitting 1TB a month even factoring in other housemates who also watch Netflix/download.

Advertisement