Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl laptop - NOT a Bargain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Bout one for everyone in the family, should stop the family tech support.

Bought 5.

(This thread fails the very concept of this forum :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭rom

Looking forward to the next non bargin alert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

I note that the Lenovo warranty is "One year Depot or Carry-in for 1 year" whereas, I have the impression that Lidl normally guarantee items that they sell for 3 years - so perhaps the extra €50 is to pay for an extended warranty!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Turnipman wrote: »
    I note that the Lenovo warranty is "One year Depot or Carry-in for 1 year" whereas, I have the impression that Lidl normally guarantee items that they sell for 3 years - so perhaps the extra €50 is to pay for an extended warranty!

Nope.
    On lidl page it says 1 year warranty as well.

Tom

edited:
    even better on Lenovo page - if you add three year on site warranty it cost €261.49 with shipping.

So for 11.49 more you have two more year warranty on site (it means engineer will come to your place to fix it).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

For most part people criticise when its something posted is not a bargain, but to be fair to the OP he did post an alternative which would constitute a bargain price compared to Lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I think the lesson learned here is that Lidl tech isn't always very cheap. Just because it's in Lidl and low spec doesn't make it a bargain.

GBX wrote: »
    For most part people criticise when its something posted is not a bargain, but to be fair to the OP he did post an alternative which would constitute a bargain price compared to Lidl.

The thread title specifically mentions NOT a bargain :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Indeed - but where else should the poster put it?
    Consumer issues? usually used for complaints/issues after a purchase.
    Bargain requests? Doesnt fit in there either..

post the lenovo link as a bargain? as someone mentioned it's cheaper than the Lidl price. this just seems like throwing the prams out at Lidl for no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

...this just seems like throwing the prams out at Lidl for no reason.

I'm pretty sure that I can see a reason!

And I bet that if you think about it for a moment, you will too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭KevRossi

It's €290 in DiD, so a good price compared to them

The €199.00 is online, direct from LeNovo. No idea what P&P costs.

I don't see the grounds for critiscism, it's not as if Lidl claims to be the cheapest in Ireland at it.

https://www.did.ie/lenovo-ideapad-120s-14iap-intel-celeron-n3350-4gb-64gb-emmc-laptop-81a5002wuk-81a5002wuk-prd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Nowhere ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

Best non-bargain thread yet! Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Dunno why knickers are in a twist.
    The guy found a bargain that beat Lidl.
    Change thread title maybe. Either way no big deal.

Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Thanks to the op. Anytime I save 50 euro I consider that a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Thank you OP. I'm grateful for any bargain alert that saves people money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I think the OP did the right thing in pointing out that LIDL laptop isn’t a good deal.
    TBH I’d advise anyone thinking of purchasing any laptop with a “N” processor to avoid them completely and buy a slightly older i3 based laptop, with CPU such as 5005u or 6006u which can often be found selling as refurbished in nearly new condition for €250~ 300, and will give much better performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

rip off ireland is the usual place people put expensive items, treating it like a "expensive item alert" (which drives me mad, as usually it is of no help to anybody).

This thread is a good warning, as he did post an alternative. Many are clueless as to the price of laptops, they might have to get one for a child in school and just figure "well lidl are always cheap, so it is likely a reasonable price". I bet they will shift lots of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

KevRossi wrote: »
    It's €290 in DiD, so a good price compared to them

The €199.00 is online, direct from LeNovo. No idea what P&P costs.

I don't see the grounds for critiscism, it's not as if Lidl claims to be the cheapest in Ireland at it.

https://www.did.ie/lenovo-ideapad-120s-14iap-intel-celeron-n3350-4gb-64gb-emmc-laptop-81a5002wuk-81a5002wuk-prd
    cronos wrote: »
    Nowhere ;)

Jezz some folks.....
    Where should I have put the thread? in some obscure one that nobody reads or follows?

Anyways lidl did splash the laptop all over the weekly pamphlet and on signs everywhere and its one of their weekly specials aka a bargain for returning to school/college.

They are not stupid and were out to catch the unsuspecting buyer who would think lidl = cheap which clearly is not the case.
    Its a nasty trick to play on family's.

The lenovo price :- its €200 including postage from lenovo Ireland online
    https://www.lenovo.com/ie/en/laptops/ideapad/100-series-/Ideapad-120S-14-Intel/p/81A5002WUK?cid=ie:sem|se|google|pla

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

That Lenovo link says starting at 249.99 for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This "Laptop" is like a €50 car, not a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They are not stupid and were out to catch the unsuspecting buyer who would think lidl = cheap which clearly is not the case.
    Its a nasty trick to play on family's.

Honestly, you need to get a bit of a grip on the hysteria.

The laptop is almost €300 in a lot of brick and mortar stores so €249 with an in-store warranty from Lidl is a decent price.

It was €199 on sale on the Lenovo website earlier, it's now back to €249, same as Lidl.

It's not the worlds fastest laptop but it would be OK for office/light browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

It was €199 on sale on the Lenovo website earlier, it's now back to €249, same as Lidl.

I think Lenovo Ireland was on to this thread, or Lidl rang them :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

LOL, the price has gone up to €250 on the Lenovo site now, it was €200 earlier today, well done lads :rolleyes:

In fairness, €250 is a pretty decent price for bricks and mortar, versus online and Lidl returns policy is pretty excellent, just bring it back if you don't like it and they generally refund you no questions asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

My mobile phone has more grunt than that potato. And I'm assuming an engineer in his Ford Cortina will walk into my house and catch his flares on the door with his screwdriver to fix it. Ah lads talk about scraping the barrel.....

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

You can buy it this Saturday in Lidl for €200

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭long_b

Lidl page is 404 ing now

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Only a bargain it is a 128 or 256 emmc hard drive...

If its 64 its the current market price.

If its the 32 its over priced

• Advertisement

It's 64Gb. Yea might be the current market price but it was for sale for 250e only a few months ago.
    Sounds like a good deal to me.

Advertisement