Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society-Captains Prize-September 22nd-12:00

• 20-08-2018 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi Lads
    Well here we are again ,the end of the society year and another great year it was.The year has been a real eye opener to the work that goes in to running the society and what the lads do in the background to keep us all playing good courses at society prices and a bit of friendly competition thrown in aswell.:;)

The final outing is Rosses Point Co.sligo and I have been looking forward to this since I posted the list of courses nearly a year ago now back in november 17!
    As a big links fan myself I had to finish with a quality links course.Although I have never played here I stopped to check it out on the way home from Ballyliffin back in july and the setting is unreal.If the wind gets up there it could be carnage to a scorecard.
    96 out of 100 from Kevin Markham is a whopping score and it's in his top ten links courses aswell...........Can't wait:):)
    The cost for our members is 55 euros for this and if there is space for visitors it's 65euros.Only members can win the Captains prize on the day.
    Be advised aswell we have to confirm numbers 21 DAYS OUT .......so I will have to cancel any spots before that or we will be charged for the tee times.(20 slots are booked)
    As usual we will have the Golfer of the year champion crowned on the day and the ryder jug team and Captains picks announced aswell.
    The annual social night happens after the golf and analysis is over and it's always a great night to recap on the year gone by and whats to come.
    As said in the main thread earlier, accomadation is booked for 120 per room in the glasshouse in sligo town and i could only get 7 double rooms and 3 twin rooms so upto yourselves what ye want to do.
    Talk Soon
    PP

Strandhill / Rosses Point 8 votes

Strandhill
    0%
    Rosses Point
    100%
    Seve OBMacker1spacecoyotebenny79The Big Easyjarrietaa post punkBreak80 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

So the triple rooms are €40 a head, is that right?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Count me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Break80

Rosses Point
    Hi Lads
    Well here we are again ,the end of the society year and another great year it was.The year has been a real eye opener to the work that goes in to running the society and what the lads do in the background to keep us all playing good courses at society prices and a bit of friendly competition thrown in aswell.:;)

The final outing is Rosses Point Co.sligo and I have been looking forward to this since I posted the list of courses nearly a year ago now back in november 17!
    As a big links fan myself I had to finish with a quality links course.Although I have never played here I stopped to check it out on the way home from Ballyliffin back in july and the setting is unreal.If the wind gets up there it could be carnage to a scorecard.
    96 out of 100 from Kevin Markham is a whopping score and it's in his top ten links courses aswell...........Can't wait:):)
    The cost for our members is 55 euros for this and if there is space for visitors it's 65euros.Only members can win the Captains prize on the day.
    Be advised aswell we have to confirm numbers 21 DAYS OUT .......so I will have to cancel any spots before that or we will be charged for the tee times.(20 slots are booked)
    As usual we will have the Golfer of the year champion crowned on the day and the ryder jug team and Captains picks announced aswell.
    The annual social night happens after the golf and analysis is over and it's always a great night to recap on the year gone by and whats to come.
    As said in the main thread earlier, accomadation is booked for 120 per room in the glasshouse in sligo town and i could only get 7 double rooms and 3 twin rooms so upto yourselves what ye want to do.
    Talk Soon
    PP
    I will be traveling up on the friday so put me down for 2 nights accomadation please Captain.
    I can swing by your country if you want a lift as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭a post punk

Rosses Point
    So the triple rooms are €40 a head, is that right?
    Twin rooms are €60 a head , I just booked what was available before it booked out.

Rosses Point
    Break80 wrote: »
    Hi Lads

Talk Soon
    PP
    I will be traveling up on the friday so put me down for 2 nights accomadation please Captain.
    I can swing by your country if you want a lift as well.
    Thanks for the offer break80, I may take you up on that. Are you travelling up to play on Friday or going later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Rosses Point
    I'm in, save me a twin bed please Captain. looking forward to this, never played it before so should be interesting :)

have you rooms booked for friday or just saturday?

Rosses Point
    Seve OB wrote: »
    I'm in, save me a twin bed please Captain. looking forward to this, never played it before so should be interesting :)

have you rooms booked for friday or just saturday?
    Nothing booked for Friday yet but I’ll be sorting it this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Macker1

Rosses Point
    Definitely staying up on Saturday and may even head up on the Friday which I won't know till nearer time.

Its a great course and if weather acts up it will sort out men from boys. The closing stretch will severely test your game. All great holes but number 17 A par or better here and you can brag on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Rosses Point
    Thanks Captain,

I won't stay on Saturday, only on Friday, so might get something booked on my own unless someone is staying also on Friday

I will try to play Strandhill open on Friday if anyone fancies that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

In 100%! Appreciate it if you can save me a twin bed too.

Had an advanced look at Rosses earlier this summer. It's a tough beaut and comes with a warm welcome. Friendly clubhouse, I would have loved to have stayed around a little longer after my visit.

• Advertisement

Rosses Point
    Thanks for the offer break80, I may take you up on that. Are you travelling up to play on Friday or going later?

I will play Friday if you want to sort something out.
    A twin room for Friday and Saturday for me as well please.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

For those folks traveling up the day before, Strandhill have an Open Day on Fridays, €30, but don't seem to have it up on their booking system.
    Their contact details are

Call: 0719168188

Email: bookings@strandhillgolfclub.com

Hope this is of use, Standstill is a super and quirky at times links, mid-back 9 are wonderful and for €30 super value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

I’m in and happy to share a room with someone

Same here.

Rosses Point

I will play Friday if you want to sort something out.
    A twin room for Friday and Saturday for me as well please.
    Great we might try strand hill so, Charlie are you around to use your playing rights there?

Rosses Point
    I might play Friday. Won't be able to confirm though till closer the date

Great we might try strand hill so, Charlie are you around to use your playing rights there?

Just checked, Monday to Thursday and Sunday afternoons. Excludes Open day’s and Society outings.
    There’s an open there on the Friday if anyone wanted to play it.

Rosses Point
    charlieIRL wrote: »
    Just checked, Monday to Thursday and Sunday afternoons. Excludes Open day’s and Society outings.
    There’s an open there on the Friday if anyone wanted to play it.

Yes, I think this open is a bit different (checked the club calendar), strokes playing from whites, not the best way of playing a course for the first time, but what can we do?

Anyone fancies playing? We might want to get into a boardsies line

I haven't checked with the club yet

Rosses Point
    F it.

Booking a day off work for the Friday. Gonna leave Dublin 9ish. Golf in Strandhill about 1ish. I'll be bringing a guest for the weekend

Rosses Point
    Seve OB wrote: »
    F it.

Booking a day off work for the Friday. Gonna leave Dublin 9ish. Golf in Strandhill about 1ish. I'll be bringing a guest for the weekend

Want to book together for Strandhill? I have Fri off too

• Advertisement

Rosses Point
    I'm in for the golf Friday aswell lads if that time suits break80?
    I have 3 twin rooms booked for Friday so thats Seve and friend,Break80,Davo19,myself and another friend ?Do I need another 1

Rosses Point
    I have 3 twin rooms booked for Friday so thats Seve and friend,Break80,Davo19,myself and another friend ?Do I need another 1

Spot on. Book the golf for late afternoon to give us a chance to get there. I have no idea how long the drive is from the real CAPITAL.
    Any ideas?
    Just checked now
    I will need 4.5 hours with a stop in mitchelstown

Rosses Point
    Spot on. Book the golf for late afternoon to give us a chance to get there. I have no idea how long the drive is from the real CAPITAL.
    Any ideas?
    Took us 3 hours from my place going upto the open so could be 4 for you?:eek:

Rosses Point
    Took us 3 hours from my place going upto the open so could be 4 for you?:eek:

It will be a bit of crack if we all can play together. Book whatever time suits everyone else and I will make it.
    I will swing by for you and head on for Limerick from there.

Rosses Point
    I am easy with the time after noon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Rosses Point

I'll be going down on the Friday too Captain, not sure if I'll get there early enough for golf yet

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Lads, I won't be able to make the captains but just dawned on me that I've the captains prize trophy from last year. Anybody heading up that's from or passing through the Limerick city/ north tipp area?
    Also any word on date/venue for Jug this year. I probably won't be able to make that either but you never know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Lads, I won't be able to make the captains but just dawned on me that I've the captains prize trophy from last year. Anybody heading up that's from or passing through the Limerick city/ north tipp area?
    Also any word on date/venue for Jug this year. I probably won't be able to make that either but you never know!

I think from what we were discussing in Mitchelstown that we work pretty close to each other in Castletroy?

I can meet you some day there if you want? Ill be heading up.
    Send me a PM and we can organise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Does it look like the word "Roadrunner" will be handy enough to engrave into the space available? :pac:

• Advertisement

Rosses Point
    20th October is the jug date

Advertisement