Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

He wept for there were no more worlds to conquer...

• 30-08-2018 8:08pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So, what's left?

I mean have you everything now or is there something just out of reach, something not necessarily too expensive but that just hasn't become available for your collection that you really really want someday.

Or, like Alexander the Great, have you gotten everything now already!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Been looking at RGB modded Famicoms to replace my Composite modded one..other than that, not much on my radar at the moment!

Used to spend hours trawling ebay, don't even know what to search for now when I go on it :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm the same, though there probably are a handful of bits I'd like there's not that need I once felt....
    Probably a very large Visa bill put pay to the passionate bidding that I used to engage in.

There's an early Nintendo dedicated system, with a breakout clone as its main title, that I'd love.
    Also, an Odyssey would be nice too.
    MSX2 is on my radar, should I find one for cheap money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

There's an utterly filthy looking Vic-20 on adverts at the moment that I'm trying to grab. Was my first computer so would be nice to have and get it cleaned up. Also should be getting an A600 soon...

That should me done for Commodore collecting, unless a C64GS comes up at some point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dang, now I want a Vic 20!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've still a load of holy grails to get especially on MSX but the problem is the cost.

I've never been paid better in my life but I've also never been as broke. I just can't keep up with the rising prices in the market so I'll be concentrating on getting flash carts when I can afford them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭accensi0n

A bunch of NES PAL games I'd love to have but they're just too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

start collecting cabs then you'll never run out of things to do. soldering, oscilloscopes, cap kits, wood work, constant maintenance on and on forever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I'd still really like to own a Twin Famicom, there's nothing really else console wise I'm after.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

start collecting cabs then you'll never run out of things to do. soldering, oscilloscopes, cap kits, wood work, constant maintenance on and on forever

I'm currently aiming to move on from my apartment and buy another place in the next few years. A lot of places we've been looking at have garages - if it works out I'll be expanding my candy cab collection, I've enough PCBs to fill an arcade :D

So I guess that's a long term gaming plan I still have in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm still in the early days of collecting so still getting back some of the games I had 10 years ago but also finding new things along the way.

Currently looking for a boxed model 1 Master System. The console itself doesn't seem to come up very often nevermind one in a decent box.

I feel like I'll have a hard time getting a complete Hello Kitty Dreamcast. They all seem to be missing the inner box for some reason and it's the part of the packaging with the handle. Despite that they all seem to still have the discs, VMU and keyboard etc. Limited to 1,500 units. The blue goes for a much higher price so I'll settle for the pink one :D

• Advertisement

I don't have an Amiga 1200, though I do have the CD32, nearly the same thing!
    I have a couple of 3DS holes in the Nintendo handheld collection at the moment, the 3DSXL and the n3DSXL to be precise.
    For some reason the teenager in my psyche wants one of those Amstrad PCs with the MD built in!
    Also, one of those Creative Labs 3DO blasters and a PC to put it in would be interesting.

I'd like to have an arcade quality stick for every console in my collection as well, I'm off to a decent start but the Atari 2600 and Famicom are in the most immediate need. I know they can be had on eBay but tend to be pricey.
    Might be easier to do a home build for them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I have most of the stuff I've wanted and very lucky in a lot of cases to have them. A Neo Geo AES is one of the things I'd like to own, a couple of deals for one have fallen through in the last year or two by unfortunate coincidence. I'm not desperate where I'd pay crazy for it but I'd like to own one definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Amiga A1200 for me would be nice, not much else needed, just need a better setup.

Nothing like this though.

Oh, now I want a ZX Spectrum Omni....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

I'm still eyeing up a Sega Game Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭Inviere

I'd kind of gotten everything I'd wanted at one stage or another, Having them all in storage was no fun though, & ended up biting the bullet and letting a lot of stuff go. I'm not going full Cidey though (rebuying), not unless I win the lotto :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Inviere wrote: »
    I'd kind of gotten everything I'd wanted at one stage or another, Having them all in storage was no fun though, & ended up biting the bullet and letting a lot of stuff go. I'm not going full Cidey though (rebuying), not unless I win the lotto :o

2h4lkb.jpg

I couldn't resist.:pac:

The Cidey-cycle explained

:D

:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You forgot the wallet that gets emptier with each transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The Cidey-cycle explained

:(

tenor.gif

• Advertisement

It's kinda nice that I have become synonymous with something.
    Like Enternow/Myrddin and not turning up.
    Like Retr0 and cross dressing.

The only thing on my list at the moment that I definitely have to get is an OSSC.
    A Japanese copy of Splatterhouse 3 would be nice too... And Phantasy Star 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I have a want now for a Neo Geo AES system - ideally one needing fixing :)

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I have a want now for a Neo Geo AES system - ideally one needing fixing :)

If only there had been one for sale recently.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If only there had been one for sale recently.....

...and a seller who wanted a cash asap rather than be happy to deal with time-wasters :)

Advertisement