Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cex Uk delivery to Ireland

• 05-09-2018 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has been able to get cex uk to deliver to Ireland?
    I know Parcel Motel & the like are an option, but as cex doesn't bundle orders and sends the items from multiple stores this takes the cost way too high and only worth it for higher end stuff.

As much as people complain about cex, the lack of ps1 games etc in Irish shops makes the likes of adverts a scalpers paradise....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

Just started to look through their master system games, games I though I did well getting for a fiver, are ~£1.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

One problem with getting games for CEX in the UK is that you don't know what condition they're going to be in until they arrive and I don't think they'd accept returns to an Irish store. I've seen people complain and having to return games because of missing manuals, scratched discs and for other reasons too. That would put me off straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

One problem with getting games for CEX in the UK is that you don't know what condition they're going to be in until they arrive and I don't think they'd accept returns to an Irish store. I've seen people complain and having to return games because of missing manuals, scratched discs and for other reasons too. That would put me off straight away.

I can confirm UK Returns aren't accepted in Ireland (unless it's a substantial good will gesture). I can't imagine the games would be in great quality either as they will take literally anything into the stores and they likely don't have a system setup to test them so you run a risk of a dodgy cart. Having spoken to the UK manager of online sales, they cancel Parcel Motel orders when they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Repro-carts, boxes and printed CD covers are always a big risk with CEX. Unless you can get it in hand in a shop and check for yourself, I'd steer clear of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭Doge

I think we need a guy like Steve Bailey but living in the UK to ship them over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

been looking at some sold items on ebay, they are selling for more that the cex prices (& the items are in stock)
    Is the quality of cex's UK stock really that bad?
    I can't imagine anyone uk based not knowing that cex exists or setting their max bid above cex prices

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

In my experience, unless you can physically see the product before paying in CeX, walk away. The substandard quality control there is a huge issue, alongside poorly trained staff, means it’s way more hit than miss when ordering online. Couple that with near nonexistent levels of customer support too for when the inevitable issue arises, and you’d have been as well paying slightly more from a respected seller on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

frasr wrote: »
    been looking at some sold items on ebay, they are selling for more that the cex prices (& the items are in stock)
    Is the quality of cex's UK stock really that bad?
    I can't imagine anyone uk based not knowing that cex exists or setting their max bid above cex prices
    Do not underestimate the stupidity of people in auctions. They get hyped up & freakout in the heat of the moment.

I used to buy (and sell offline) memory cards on ebay many moons ago -in the end I got most from a single reputable seller, though fakes were rare back then. He would have cards up for sale for bid and as "buy it now" on ebay. Very often the bids on the auctions would go higher than people could have instantly bought the EXACT same card, from the same seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Managed to order a few Wii U games from CEX UK because the prices there were excellent compared to here or even eBay. I managed to get 6 in total. I got them by setting up an account and paying by Paypal with delivery address as Parcel Motel. What happened with me was the order is taken, stockpicked and sent, then 1 or 2 days later the account is suspended for using the Parcel Motel address, I was unable to use that again. I then did the same thing with Addresspal, and then again with Parcel Wizard. I'm unsure if they have closed off this now or not, this was only a few weeks ago.

Because the games are sent from individual stores I would advise trying ordering early in the day so it can be stockpicked and sent quite quickly in the same day before the account is flagged up. As for quality of the games, no complaints from me. Got 3 games complete with even Nintendo points unscratched and the other 3 with instructions.

I got some big bargains there too, some titles go in and out of stock fast. I got Sniper Elite UK Wii U for £26, Teslagrad for £10 and Warriors Orochi for £8.

Advertisement