Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016 - The story continues

• 11-09-2018 5:09am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Please see the original thread here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Waiting16

Anyone placed in Sligo lately

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jacqs

Waiting16 wrote: »
    Anyone placed in Sligo lately

I’ve heard nothing on sligo , I was wondering the same about Longford

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MegX

Anyone placed in Clare recently? Hoping theres still a chance before panel closes.
    Congrats to all placed so far & best of luck to those still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Anyone know place in cork and kerry where they are at thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

To anyone that has sat the aptitude test. What model calculator is provide at test sessions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy_mom

jodaw wrote: »
    To anyone that has sat the aptitude test. What model calculator is provide at test sessions?

Random models, like a pick n' mix selection of calculators

• Registered Users Posts: 3 happy hedgehog

Rang them this morning ,there's 1 person ahead if me in Kilkenny and 14 in Carlow. Hopefully i'll hear something soon. It seems to be moving fast enough as there was 40 ahead of me in Carlow 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

MegX wrote: »
    Anyone placed in Clare recently? Hoping theres still a chance before panel closes.
    Congrats to all placed so far & best of luck to those still waiting.

Very few places become available in Clare because there's a huge transfer list from people working in Limerick from Ennis and other parts of Clare taking the places as they arise. So I'm told.

Just a passenger

jodaw wrote: »

Most of the questions are so easy you don't really need a calculator.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MegX

Thanks for reply Mikefitzs. There was a little bit of movement over last few months but slowed down again. Just have to hope there's a chance they get to me before it closes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 heffo1

Has anyone any info or advice for the training for revenue?

Anyone hearecommend what number they are at in Cork and kerry panel thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaiya

Longford still at 85

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Spellmaker

Kaiya wrote: »
    Longford still at 85

Goddammit! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cmckeo

Has anyone on the Louth panel been called recently? Any input would be appreciated, I’m loosing the will to live here!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaiya

Spellmaker wrote: »

What number are u if u don't mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Fiona Marie

podsull1 wrote: »
    Anyone hearecommend what number they are at in Cork and kerry panel thanks

Kerry still at 2 batch 3

Kerry still at 2 batch 3

Thanks fiona. Guess there is no hope now ha

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Spellmaker

Kaiya wrote: »
    Spellmaker wrote: »

What number are u if u don't mind me asking
    I'm number 92 in Longford, Kaiya. I was really hoping for Westmeath, but at this stage I'd probably take Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kitty2011

Would anyone know how the process works for extended vetting for Garda stations. I have completed the evetting for PAS & Guards which I think is only stage one and am at approx 4.5 weeks now. They did say it would take in excess of 3months but what are the next stages and do I need to fill out other forms or just wait to be contacted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Kitty2011 wrote: »
    Would anyone know how the process works for extended vetting for Garda stations. I have completed the evetting for PAS & Guards which I think is only stage one and am at approx 4.5 weeks now. They did say it would take in excess of 3months but what are the next stages and do I need to fill out other forms or just wait to be contacted.
    No more forms, you just wait. You will get a message on your message board from pas with your official assignment notice when it's all complete

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kitty2011

No more forms, you just wait. You will get a message on your message board from pas with your official assignment notice when it's all complete
    That's great to know, thought I might have been missing a step...thanks a million for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Aisling09

Hi, it took me 10 weeks to go through the extended Garda Vetting.

What’s involved in the supplementary extra Vetting to work in a Garda Station? How is it different than regular vetting?

Just a passenger

Hi all if you were temp in civil serice for few years and got permenant then could you back date them years and go up the pay scale , reason for this my friend got it and is unsure weather to ask thanks for the feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    What’s involved in the supplementary extra Vetting to work in a Garda Station? How is it different than regular vetting?

I don't know, its never been explained to anyone I know.
    Possibly a deeper look at your political leanings ( if they can be ascertined ) rather than a quick look at Pulse for any convictions.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Hi, just wondering does the below apply to new recruits from the 2016 campaign or was it just for existing staff at the time?
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/new-public-sector-pay-deal-what-it-means-for-you-1.3112319%3fmode=amp

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I don't know, its never been explained to anyone I know.
    Possibly a deeper look at your political leanings ( if they can be ascertined ) rather than a quick look at Pulse for any convictions.

They would never know political affiliation without asking directly (my preferences change at each election) :-)
    I've been told elsewhere that they look into your family records, parents, uncles, aunts siblings.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    They would never know political affiliation without asking directly (my preferences change at each election) :-)
    I've been told elsewhere that they look into your family records, parents, uncles, aunts siblings.

If they can't discover your political leanings, theyll have a harder job finding your aunts and uncles!
    Probably ask your local guard/station what they know about you, what crowd you hang about with etc.
    In any smaller county town or village, the local guard would know more about you than you think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 MJG87

The panel for Mayo hasn't budged in over 5 weeks, very doubtful they will get to my number by close of campaign at the end of October

Advertisement