Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forza Horizon 4

• 24-09-2018 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I was searching boards.ie for a Forza Horison 4 thread, is there one seen as the game is to be released next week ?
    Has anyone pre ordered the Ultimate Edition ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I was searching boards.ie for a Forza Horison 4 thread, is there one seen as the game is to be released next week ?
    Has anyone pre ordered the Ultimate Edition ?

I just went for the standard edition. Just a week or so to go before I pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Isn't it free with game pass?
    Which edition are they giving free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Isn't it free with game pass?
    Which edition are they giving free?

Is the game pass only each version of the game ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Game pass is generally the base game without any dlc.

I might buy the season pass, seeing as I'll have the base game for free then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is game pass worth it on windows?

Remember getting the last games ultimate edition wrongly assuming I'd have the season pass content turned out it was just a tonne of cars I'd never use. Not nearly worth the extra money. This time though it does say it includes two game expansions when they become available as well as all the car packs etc.

is game pass worth it on windows?

Shows only 13 of the games as being play anywhere at the minute. https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-game-pass/games filter for play anywhere.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I might buy the season pass, seeing as I'll have the base game for free then :)

I think you should get 10% off the season pass if you have game pass too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

What's the release date? Signed up to gamepass for 3 months the last time they had a deal on & it's expired in a few weeks. Huge Horizon fan & looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

trixiebust wrote: »
    What's the release date? Signed up to gamepass for 3 months the last time they had a deal on & it's expired in a few weeks. Huge Horizon fan & looking forward to it.

2nd Oct
    I am a massive fan too, I can’t wait

I’m wondering would it be a good idea to buy a Xbox steering wheel, as I was pure ****e at drifting using the pad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

2nd Oct
    I am a massive fan too, I can’t wait

I'll have to renew my subscription so. Hooked on Horizon 2 atm, preferred it to 3.

I’m wondering would it be a good idea to buy a Xbox steering wheel, as I was pure ****e at drifting using the pad ?

Drifting is the one thing that has stopped me from 100%ing the 3 Horizon games so far! I absolutely suck at it! :D

Wonder would a wheel make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Haven't played too many driving games in recent years but was having a look at getting this. I'm only interested in pure races and hopefully a career mode where you win competitions and can slowly get better cars etc. Have never played a Horizon game and wanted to ask if that's the kind of thing it is? I've no interest in drifting or online racing.

Drifting is the one thing that has stopped me from 100%ing the 3 Horizon games so far! I absolutely suck at it! :D

Wonder would a wheel make any difference?

Same here, couldn't get my head around it. Never gelled with me and it's something I could do ok in other driving games

Same here, couldn't get my head around it. Never gelled with me and it's something I could do ok in other driving games

Yeah me too!
    I'm usually fine with it in any other games, but my brain just won't accept the controls that Playground use haha :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Think I might be jumping on this early, even on the grey market sellers the one before last is still around €20 and I've been sat waiting for 3 to drop for over a year. I've not been hugely pushed, but a racer would be nice to have and I would prefer open world yet The Crew 2's vehicle changing gimmick while great for a rented game etc I feel would wear old pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Big fan of the series, reviews are looking great - can't wait to get stuck into this now.

Busy few months for big releases, Gamepass is a godsend for my wallet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

will this be available on gamepass for windows 10? be worth the £8 for the month to play it

• Advertisement

will this be available on gamepass for windows 10? be worth the £8 for the month to play it

Should be. Have you used your free trial yet? If you haven't you should get an extra month free for enabling auto renew at the start.

Disable it straight after and you will have the game for free for a month and a half straight off the bat or two months if you have a one month free trial code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Should be. Have you used your free trial yet? If you haven't you should get an extra month free for enabling auto renew at the start.

Disable it straight after and you will have the game for free for a month and a half straight off the bat or two months if you have a one month free trial code.
    You're some gem! Never bothered setting it up on my PC so over the weekend might be time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I downloaded demo last night.

It looks great on xbox one x with 60fps mide. Its only 1080p, but still looks very impressive on 4k tv.

Then I downloaded demo on pc and hooked it up to my g29. Its actually playable out of box with steering wheel.
    Its runs very damn well on my elderly pc. Its 2500k 8gb ram and 1060. On 2560x1440. Very very optimised game. One thing that really annoyed me, that I could not find a way to put it on 3440x1440 on my widescreen monitor.

All in all, I like it. Will get 6 months game pass and vip pass, instead of buying it fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Can the "Best of Bond Car Pack" be bought separately or is just in the ultimate edition?

I have a code for a month free of gamepass if anyone wants it. It'll only work if you haven't subsrcribed before I think.

If there's a few people looking for it just thank this post and I'll pull the name out of a hat over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

PSA: Forza Rewards

FH4 is now added, 200k credits every week

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

I downloaded the game last week but my data is gone (crappy dongle & living in the sticks!!!). Is there a patch today for it? Will i need internet access to start it?
    I have the ultimate addition so want to start into this after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Picked up my copy on Friday. Played about 13 hours of it so far and really enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Picked up my copy on Friday. Played about 13 hours of it so far and really enjoying it

Is it out already? I thought its tomorrow? Got myself game pass on xbox for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Is it out already? I thought its tomorrow? Got myself game pass on xbox for that.

Ultimate edition was out on the 28th, not sure about the standard edition

Advertisement