boards.ie Mobile
Page 372 of 372
« First < 272322362370371372
Electric Vehicles & Hybrids>Hyundai Ioniq
irishgrover 00:10 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by Doc el brown:
Hi. In relation to the mph display. A lad I work with brought an ioniq in last year. He brought it in to Hyundai (ep mooney) i think. They plugged it in to an online system and changed the setting. As far as I remember he paid €300 as they had it over night

If be really interested in finding out more about this if you were in a position to ask him....
[Quote] [Thank]
Soarer 04:03 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by ELM327:
Great post, just to add re rapidgate that it goes below 22kW, I've seen photos of 13kW online.
Cheers for that.

Do you know where that was from? The worst I've seen (fairly regularly) in the UK and Ireland is 22kW. So I'll leave that figure in the post as it seems to be the most realistic worst case.
[Quote] [Thank]
ELM327 08:40 12-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Soarer:
Cheers for that.

Do you know where that was from? The worst I've seen (fairly regularly) in the UK and Ireland is 22kW. So I'll leave that figure in the post as it seems to be the most realistic worst case.
There was a table here , let me see if I can find it.
I read online that people were limited to 13kW but that's on the third and subsequent charge, the 22kW seems to be the one that comes in at charge #2 or#1 depending on scenario and speed.

EDIT: You posted it yourself
Originally Posted by Soarer:
James @ Lemon-Tea Leaf posted the attached chart about temperatures and charging speeds. Don't think it's 100% exact (think he had to make educated guesses at some points), but it's fairly good.
Image
[Quote] [Thank]
Fishy1 18:08 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by Doc el brown:
Hi. In relation to the mph display. A lad I work with brought an ioniq in last year. He brought it in to Hyundai (ep mooney) i think. They plugged it in to an online system and changed the setting. As far as I remember he paid €300 as they had it over night
I would also be very interested in any further details about this!

Another quick question, is there an app for the Ioniq? Would love the idea of being able to set the car to turn on the heat before my commute. Getting into a warm, defrosted car on a winter’s morning would be fantastic!
[Quote] [Thank]
irishgrover 20:32 12-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Fishy1:
Originally Posted by Doc el brown:
Hi. In relation to the mph display. A lad I work with brought an ioniq in last year. He brought it in to Hyundai (ep mooney) i think. They plugged it in to an online system and changed the setting. As far as I remember he paid €300 as they had it over night
I would also be very interested in any further details about this!

Another quick question, is there an app for the Ioniq? Would love the idea of being able to set the car to turn on the heat before my commute. Getting into a warm, defrosted car on a winter’s morning would be fantastic!
No app, which is another of the very few disappointments.... You can however, when charging, time your car to be a specific temperature in the morning....
I assume the car needs to be plugged in for this to happen, but am not sure
[Quote] [Thank]
unkel 21:59 12-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
There is an app, but it is only for the US market. You have to sign up to Hyundai USA for it with a US address, and you probably also need your phone to have US regional settings. Possibly also need to use a VPN to use it outside the USA. Should work, but I'm not bothered to try it out :D

Pre-warm the car to a set temperature and have it 100% charged by the time you drive off in the morning is standard functionality - you need to have the car plugged in for that though.
[Quote] [Thank]
irishgrover 22:07 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by unkel:
There is an app, but it is only for the US market. You have to sign up to Hyundai USA for it with a US address, and you probably also need your phone to have US regional settings. Possibly also need to use a VPN to use it outside the USA. Should work, but I'm not bothered to try it out :D
.
I though that there was a physical module (ie hardware) that was not installed outside of the US?
[Quote] [Thank]
liamog 23:29 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by irishgrover:
I though that there was a physical module (ie hardware) that was not installed outside of the US?
I can't imagine Hyundai have included the data service that will allow it to work in Europe without providing the service
[Quote] [Thank]
Doc el brown 17:13 14-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by liamog:
I can't imagine Hyundai have included the data service that will allow it to work in Europe without providing the service
Thete was a guy on you tube selling a pack which included a wireless gsm dongle, rasberry pie, bluetooth obd2 plugin and some coding. The only thing that you could do with it was view the current battery state of charge.
I tried the american thing and it did not work. I actually have a US phone and a US active number for work and it still didnt work. Id say the module is not installed or active in our ioniqs
[Quote] [Thank]
Doc el brown 17:19 14-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Fishy1:
I would also be very interested in any further details about this!

Another quick question, is there an app for the Ioniq? Would love the idea of being able to set the car to turn on the heat before my commute. Getting into a warm, defrosted car on a winter’s morning would be fantastic!
I spoke to my work colleague yesterday about this again. Heres what he said: He knows one of the mechanics working in Hyundai and he asked him to change the units. He took the car in and did it for him. He had to wipe the software and put on a new one. It took overnight to do it. He was using an online live portal to Korea apparently. Now that what he was told.

So the moral of the story is that tge units can be changed
[Quote] [Thank]
ELM327 17:21 14-09-2018
Originally Posted by Doc el brown:
I spoke to my work colleague yesterday about this again. Heres what he said: He knows one of the mechanics working in Hyundai and he asked him to change the units. He took the car in and did it for him. He had to wipe the software and put on a new one. It took overnight to do it. He was using an online live portal to Korea apparently. Now that what he was told.

So the moral of the story is that tge units can be changed
They can, but it's not realistically available to owners.
Not everyone knows one of the mechanics!
[Quote] [Thank]
Doc el brown 17:33 14-09-2018
Originally Posted by ELM327:
They can, but it's not realistically available to owners.
Not everyone knows one of the mechanics!
True. But Im sure if one just books it in for the job there wont be an issue. Its just that he had it done proves it can be done.
[Quote] [Thank]
Fiery mutant 05:38 15-09-2018
I’d be very wary of doing that, for warranty reasons too.

Also not sure if many respectable Hyundai dealerships would be willing to do it too.
[Quote] [Thank]
Silent Running 07:47 15-09-2018
Originally Posted by Fiery mutant:
I’d be very wary of doing that, for warranty reasons too.

Also not sure if many respectable Hyundai dealerships would be willing to do it too.
It wouldn't affect the warranty if it was carried out by an authorised Hyundai dealer. I'd say the problem is that many of them wouldn't have the faintest clue how to do it. The dealer I bought my car from couldn't even handle a firmware update. :rolleyes:
[Quote] [Thank]
Doc el brown 12:33 15-09-2018
Originally Posted by Silent Running:
It wouldn't affect the warranty if it was carried out by an authorised Hyundai dealer. I'd say the problem is that many of them wouldn't have the faintest clue how to do it. The dealer I bought my car from couldn't even handle a firmware update. :rolleyes:
I agree. Maybe try a few dealers up north might be an option too
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 372 of 372
« First < 272322362370371372


Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet