boards.ie Mobile
Page 91 of 91
« First < 4181899091
Bargain Alerts>2017 Nvidia Shield
pj12332 15:46 20-09-2018
Alright lads,
Can I get advice please. I have absolutely no interest in gaming. I'm looking for a quality box that I can watch TV and movies on. I'm not getting into a discussion over piracy. I just want to know about the box itself please. Can anyone let me know if this box would be a lot better than the mi box if it was being used for streaming primarily. I have Chromecast for Netflix etc and use my phone. But looking for something where I can get more reliable IPTV services as apps on phone are becoming very unreliable.

Thanks in advance.
[Quote] [Thank]
The high horse brigade 15:48 20-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by pj12332:
Alright lads,
Can I get advice please. I have absolutely no interest in gaming. I'm looking for a quality box that I can watch TV and movies on. I'm not getting into a discussion over piracy. I just want to know about the box itself please. Can anyone let me know if this box would be a lot better than the mi box if it was being used for streaming primarily. I have Chromecast for Netflix etc and use my phone. But looking for something where I can get more reliable IPTV services as apps on phone are becoming very unreliable.

Thanks in advance.
It's been answered several times. Yes the Shield is much better than the MiBox but it's many times the price. You are comparing a Ferrari and a Fiat
[Quote] [Thank]
pj12332 15:53 20-09-2018
Originally Posted by The high horse brigade:
It's been answered several times. Yes the Shield is much better than the MiBox but it's many times the price. You are comparing a Ferrari and a Fiat
Hi sorry I didn't look back through everything. Ok I'll look into sourcing one. Thank you
[Quote] [Thank]
The high horse brigade 15:58 20-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Hi sorry I didn't look back through everything. Ok I'll look into sourcing one. Thank you
If you can afford the Shield get it, there is no better box, you will be very satisfied. It's mad to think it's been around since 2015 and still there's no other devices can really compete with it. Being a gaming console means it's well supported through continuous updates
[Quote] [Thank]
OmegaGene 16:00 20-09-2018
be quick

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-SHIE...idia+shield+tv
[Quote] [Thank]
pj12332 16:04 20-09-2018
Originally Posted by OmegaGene:
be quick

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-SHIE...idia+shield+tv
Hi, is that very good ye?..never ordered from Amazon. Any idea what it all works out at with delivery in euro. I'll have to create an account with them now.
[Quote] [Thank]
The high horse brigade 16:08 20-09-2018
Hi, is that very good ye?..never ordered from Amazon. Any idea what it all works out at with delivery in euro. I'll have to create an account with them now.
I order from Amazon a few times a month and highly recommend them for their return policy and customer service. I have Amazon prime which gives you free shipping (and also their Netflix like TV service). Sign up to the free trial of prime before you order to save you the shipping cost (remember to cancel before your free month runs out)

That's a great price btw
[Quote] [Thank]
OmegaGene 16:11 20-09-2018
Originally Posted by The high horse brigade:
I order from Amazon a few times a month and highly recommend them for their return policy and customer service. I have Amazon prime which gives you free shipping (and also their Netflix like TV service). Sign up to the free trial of prime before you order to save you the shipping cost

That's a great price btw
agree 100% sign up for prime and get free delivery, thats a great price btw and you wont beat it, signing up is easy
[Quote] [Thank]
The high horse brigade 16:24 20-09-2018 (2 Thanks)
If you want to save another few quid on the Euro to Sterling rate get the Revolut app, sign up and top-up with €177 from your card to cover the transaction, then pay Amazon using the Revolut card. Your own bank will screw you on the currency translation if you pay Amazon in sterling and Amazon will screw you if you pay in Euro.
[Quote] [Thank]
LimerickCity 16:35 20-09-2018
Any order over £25 is free shipping to Ireland (if the item ships to Ireland).

No need to sign up for Prime.

Got my shield on Amazon in September 2017.

You won't get better service.
[Quote] [Thank]
OmegaGene 16:40 20-09-2018
Originally Posted by LimerickCity:

may as well use the free prime video for the month
i got mine direct from nvidia in 2 days via pw
[Quote] [Thank]
The high horse brigade 17:04 20-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by LimerickCity:

Prime gives you priority 2 day shipping
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 91 of 91
« First < 4181899091

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet