boards.ie Mobile
Page 35 of 35
« First < 25333435
After Hours>Two more victims of "unknown substance" in U.K.
mcmoustache 10:27 21-09-2018
Originally Posted by Elmer Blooker:
Hardly. Just look at the two of them, they would have to look like the stereotyped bad guy villains from some crappy Hollywood 'action' movie (probably with Liam Neeson in it!) They could only have travelled to England to carry out a hit looking like ....... well two Hollywood bad guy hit men!
They were never going to look like ordinary business men types in suits.

Good effort.
[Quote] [Thank]
cnocbui 12:16 21-09-2018 (3 Thanks)
Hardly. Just look at the two of them, they would have to look like the stereotyped bad guy villains from some crappy Hollywood 'action' movie (probably with Liam Neeson in it!) They could only have travelled to England to carry out a hit looking like ....... well two Hollywood bad guy hit men!

I can see that you are a master and genius of logic: We found two suspects on CCTV, their movements were suspicious and provided opportunity, we found traces of novichok in their hotel room. We conclude that they should not be made suspects because they fit the visual and physical profile of a Russian 'asset' one could expect in a typical Hollywood movie. We therefore conclude that the evidence should be disregarded in favour of the unlikely idea that Hollywood would have a clue as to what a Russian field asset might look like.

Your position is logically unassailable and faultless (snigger.)
[Quote] [Thank]
Billy86 12:48 21-09-2018 (3 Thanks)
I have never, ever -even on all of AH- seen this level of pathetic desperation from one side of an argument. The last few pages really did hit a new low, but "they like look Russian spies so of course that makes it impossible for them to be Russian spies" really was the icing on the "I've got nothing left to support my argument" cake.
[Quote] [Thank]
Dohnjoe 15:02 21-09-2018 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Billy86:
I have never, ever -even on all of AH- seen this level of pathetic desperation from one side of an argument. The last few pages really did hit a new low, but "they like look Russian spies so of course that makes it impossible for them to be Russian spies" really was the icing on the "I've got nothing left to support my argument" cake.
The only way some people have of dealing with facts that contradict their faulty or extreme world views is to attack them. Even if the reasoning they are using is ridiculous - in their minds they are diluting the debate. They are muddying the waters, which allows them to call in question all facts.

Psychologists and researchers have repeatedly shown that people with this frame of mind are more likely to become even more entrenched in their views when presented with solid evidence and facts.

Researchers have also shown that people like this have difficulty sorting the credibility of information - an expert can be a credible as a layperson to them, one propaganda outlet is "as credible" as e.g. the consensus of 30 respected outlets

Even the basic act of engaging in debate with them, no matter how insane their theories are - has been shown to validate their theories more in their eyes

These types of people are free to post as much as they want (as long as they stay within the guidelines) so they are free to batter any subject to death with their nonsense (until a mod steps in)
[Quote] [Thank]
Billy86 15:16 21-09-2018
It is telling that the pictures of the two have been out for weeks, yet it is the day after even more Co pletely damming evidence to heir story comes out that the two lads suddenly "look too much like Russia spies to be Russian spies".

Even if the two lads just outright admitted it over the weekend, we all know for 100% certainty that the usual suspects on here would be claiming they were drugged into admitting as much, that the British authorities threatened their families all the way from the UK, that they are super-reverse-double -plants, or some other such nonsense. It's beyond bizarre but oddly entertaining in it own right.
[Quote] [Thank]
batgoat 17:46 21-09-2018
Originally Posted by Billy86:
You also have the forgery experts who would likely claim any passports from an act of terror to be forgeries.
[Quote] [Thank]
Cheerful Spring 21:20 21-09-2018

They definitely Russian. And they travelling on real passports. Bellingcat claims the passport is fake because they could find a record of them prior to 2009. Well, there is a reason for that Russia started issuing brand new biometric passports to its citizens in the years between 2007 to 2009. The computer system was being updated to reflect the new registry. Bellingcat was overlooking this in their analysis.

They could be involved in poisoning Skipral but I have seen no hard evidence they were sent there by Putin or Russian intelligence agencies. They acted very unprofessionally for guys on a state mission. They did not keep a low profile they partied with drugs and hooker and ranted at other guests in a London hotel a day before travelling to Salisbury. Police could have got called and the mission would be blown. To be honest I would not be surprised if they are hired goons send by some anti-Putin opponent to kill Skipral or maybe they just Two Russians who came to England to have fun and do some travelling?
[Quote] [Thank]
ohnonotgmail 22:08 21-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Cheerful Spring:
They definitely Russian. And they travelling on real passports. Bellingcat claims the passport is fake because they could find a record of them prior to 2009. Well, there is a reason for that Russia started issuing brand new biometric passports to its citizens in the years between 2007 to 2009. The computer system was being updated to reflect the new registry. Bellingcat was overlooking this in their analysis.

They could be involved in poisoning Skipral but I have seen no hard evidence they were sent there by Putin or Russian intelligence agencies. They acted very unprofessionally for guys on a state mission. They did not keep a low profile they partied with drugs and hooker and ranted at other guests in a London hotel a day before travelling to Salisbury. Police could have got called and the mission would be blown. To be honest I would not be surprised if they are hired goons send by some anti-Putin opponent to kill Skipral or maybe they just Two Russians who came to England to have fun and do some travelling?
Fake as in the identities in the passports are fake not that the passports are fake.
[Quote] [Thank]
mcmoustache 22:20 21-09-2018
Originally Posted by Cheerful Spring:

Russia is a shíthole with an economy the size of Italy and a population poorer than Poland. You're thinking that the GRU are competent after the country has been robbed by Putin and his oligarchs. There is a reason that you are here and not in Russia. The Russian system doesn't have the money to sustain itself. Russia is incompetent right now unless they're fighting satellite states who are even more incompetent.

EDIT:
Just out of curiosity, where did you learn about the prostitutes? It's not that I don't already know. I just want you to let everyone here know. It will show that you don't have the same skepticism that you have displayed here when it comes to information that you wish to believe to be true.
[Quote] [Thank]
mcmoustache 22:21 21-09-2018
Originally Posted by ohnonotgmail:
Fake as in the identities in the passports are fake not that the passports are fake.

It's just a coincidence that the passports of recently caught spies were in sequence, don't you know.
[Quote] [Thank]
Elmer Blooker 23:01 21-09-2018
Originally Posted by mcmoustache:
Russia is a shole with an economy the size of Italy and a population poorer than Poland. You're thinking that the GRU are competent after the country has been robbed by Putin and his oligarchs. There is a reason that you are here and not in Russia. The Russian system doesn't have the money to sustain itself. Russia is incompetent right now unless they're fighting satellite states who are even more incompetent.
Interesting that this "****hole" justifies a US trillion dollar military budget because it is a "threat". Perhaps you could explain that because I can't.
The looting of Russia took place under Yeltsin, google "yanks to the rescue" if you want to know how interference in foreign elections is really done.
Whatever happened to that "dirty" Russian money in the City of London, we're not hearing much about it these days are we? ;)
[Quote] [Thank]
mcmoustache 23:12 21-09-2018
Whatever happened to that "dirty" Russian money in the City of London, we're not hearing much about it these days are we? ;)

It's still there and that's my point. No wealthy person keeps their money in roubles.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 35 of 35
« First < 25333435

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet