boards.ie Mobile
Page 350 of 350
« First < 250300340348349350
Golf>Rory McIlroy
Irishdaywalker 11:51 Today (3 Thanks)
To be fare . . Harry Diamond won the West of Ireland and selected for the 2014 Irish Am' International squad with Handicap of +2.5 . . Good man Google ! So there is merit with having him on the bag. 

A lot of players have their mates on the bag, Spieth and more so Big Phil having bones for so long, but a lot is often made of this partnership because it's Rory. Ronan Flood was not a professional caddy, but PH thought he was the best for him and that worked out having the brother in-law on the bag.
[Quote] [Thank]
Rikand 12:10 Today
Former west of Ireland winner and for 2-3 years he featured at the latter end of every Irish amateur championship there was. He was very fine golfer!
[Quote] [Thank]
Rikand 12:13 Today (1 Thanks)
Rory tried to outplay tiger. Aka, he tried too hard. Didn't play his normal game and he got showed up for it. Hopefully he's learned from the experience and will know to just play his own game the next time
[Quote] [Thank]
GreeBo 12:52 Today (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Rikand:
Rory tried to outplay tiger. Aka, he tried too hard. Didn't play his normal game and he got showed up for it. Hopefully he's learned from the experience and will know to just play his own game the next time
Since when is bombing it off the tee and suspect putting not his own game?:cool:
[Quote] [Thank]
MayoSalmon 13:02 Today
Originally Posted by downthemiddle:
There's a lad called Jack Nicklaus who says otherwise.
Nicklaus wouldn't even get within 5 shots of Tiger in his prime..and now that he looks back to his best, that major record could fall.
[Quote] [Thank]
prawnsambo 13:05 Today
Originally Posted by MayoSalmon:
Nicklaus wouldn't even get within 5 shots of Tiger in his prime..and now that he looks back to his best, that major record could fall.
Time isn't on his side, but if he paces himself and picks his tournaments, he certainly could pick up a couple more at least. I certainly wouldn't bet against him, if he stays healthy. He still hasn't reached the age Jack was when he won his last.
[Quote] [Thank]
ligerdub 13:30 Today (6 Thanks)
That's absolute bull****. I'll throw Hogan in there as well. They are the 3 greatest, 4 if you throw Jones in there.

There's a lot of "let's lose the run of ourselves" when it comes to Tiger, that's a great example of that.
[Quote] [Thank]
Russman 13:35 Today (3 Thanks)
Well, we'll never know how Tiger would fare Vs Jack. It'll be debated for years and neither side will give ground. For me, Jack's number of 2nd and 3rd places in majors, along with the wins would swing it, whether Tiger finishes up with 14, 17 or 19 wins. But, hey, its all opinions.

Hmmm, if we figure Tiger has say, 3 or 4 years left competitively at the top level, that's another 16 majors. He needs 5 to beat the record, I just can't see him winning 5 of the next 16 majors tbh. I don't think he'll ever get as soft a win as this one was, shooting over par on Sunday to win, no way that happens in a full field event, or at least a full field event of the stature that he'd actually be playing in.
[Quote] [Thank]
downthemiddle 14:11 Today (2 Thanks)
Nicklaus wouldn't even get within 5 shots of Tiger in his prime..
What metric are you using to back up that statement?
[Quote] [Thank]
Keano 14:16 Today (1 Thanks)
This is the Rory thread, Tiger talk belongs in his thread :)
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 350 of 350
« First < 250300340348349350

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet