Page 93 of 93
« First < 4383919293
Bargain Alerts>VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days
podger79 13:37 21-09-2018
Mine is active now as well thanks everybody for the help great deal
[Quote] [Thank]
msmx5 13:48 21-09-2018 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Nuno:
Just got a text there now. I'm set up on the Student Offer and received the €20 credit.
Friday seems to be the lucky day! Enjoy.
[Quote] [Thank]
corks finest 16:53 21-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by podger79:
I ported last week and my Vodafone line became active last Friday and now a week later still no plan,I see most people said it took 4 days has anybody had it go longer or should I call the mobile sales team back thanks
3/4 days is average I think(for me3
[Quote] [Thank]
Rock Paper Scissors 17:59 Today
Alright lads, I am porting from tesco mobile to the data user plan

I rang vodafone mobile sale team in NI for a sim last friday at 1pm.

Sim was delivered at 1pm today.

Tesco sim stopped working at 130pm today.

I got a text to my tesco sim before it died that said "to facilitate your move to vodafone you will only be able to receive calls and text messages for a short period, please check your voicemail now, thank you"

I put the vodafone sim into my phone and rang my old tesco mobile number and the phone rang with the new sim installed.

Does that mean I am fully ported?

I rang the NI sales team to ask about activation and she said I am already activated but I never got the text most people on the thread got to say I am activated.

I have read post 1066.

I'm just wondering how I get the free credit/texts now or will I not get them because I am already ported?

Also I never got the €20 credit.
[Quote] [Thank]
jamescd 18:13 Today
Originally Posted by Rock Paper Scissors:

I got a text to my tesco sim before it died that said "to facilitate your move to vodafone you will only be able to receive calls and text messages for a short period, please check your voicemail now, thank you"

I put the vodafone sim into my phone and rang my old tesco mobile number and the phone rang with the new sim installed.

I rang the NI sales team to ask about activation and she said I am already activated but I never got the text most people on the thread got to say I am activated.

I have read post 1066.

I'm just wondering how I get the free credit/texts now or will I not get them because I am already ported?

Yeah if your old number is ringing with the new sim installed, then it's ported.

As for activation, register your number and download the vodafone app. Open the app and and go to the main page. There should be "Student Offer" written at the bottom. If it's not there, then you're not activated yet.

If you only got ported today, I doubt you're already activated. Maybe she just misunderstood you. It usually takes a few days to activate, usually 3 or 4 days.
[Quote] [Thank]
Rock Paper Scissors 18:25 Today
Thanks for your reply james.

I just downloaded the vodafone app and registered and got €10 free credit.

On the main screen it says nothing about a student offer so I must not be activated yet.

I rang 1907 to try to get some free minutes/data and someone in a foreign call centre answered and had no clue what I was talking about.

Maybe I should call back the mobile sales team in NI to try get the free minutes/data?

Rang 1907 twice and got 2 foreign people, i asked about the free calls/data to tide my over and they had no clue what I was talking about.
Rand the NI mobile sales team and he hdnt got a clue about the free calls/data either
[Quote] [Thank]
jamescd 18:47 Today
Thanks for your reply james.

I just downloaded the vodafone app and registered and got €10 free credit.

On the main screen it says nothing about a student offer so I must not be activated yet.

I rang 1907 to try to get some free minutes/data and someone in a foreign call centre answered and had no clue what I was talking about.

Maybe I should call back the mobile sales team in NI to try get the free minutes/data?

Rang 1907 twice and got 2 foreign people, i asked about the free calls/data to tide my over and they had no clue what I was talking about.
Rand the NI mobile sales team and he hdnt got a clue about the free calls/data either

I called 1747. Maybe try that.

I got through to an asian call centre too and the 1st fella who answered had no clue. That seems pretty common. Thankfully I was transferred to another guy who knew what I was asking for and got me sorted.

I would say call 1747 tomorrow and tell them that you already signed up for a plan but it's taking a few days to activate. And then tell them you need minutes and data so you can use your phone in the mean time.
[Quote] [Thank]
corks finest 20:09 Today (1 Thanks)

I have read post 1066.

It'll come soon,if not contact,patience
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 93 of 93
« First < 4383919293

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet