« First < 40484950
After Hours>The 70's and 80's in Ireland
bodhrandude 20:30 Today (8 Thanks)
[Quote] [Thank]
NasserShammaz 21:07 Today (1 Thanks)
[Quote] [Thank]
The Crowman 21:15 Today (2 Thanks)
"My name is Rashers, see?"

Remember that annoying gobshyte? He's on here at the minute and a half mark.

[Quote] [Thank]
NewbridgeIR 21:19 Today (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Sgt Hartman:
Supergran used to be shown on a Saturday evening, I think it was on BBC1. It was a kids show about an old granny with super powers.

Children's ITV

Tyne Tees region

[Quote] [Thank]
username2013 21:25 Today
Originally Posted by NewbridgeIR:
There was no mass on Good Friday. The service started at 3.00pm and they had the long gospel that was also done on Passion Sunday. No communion either and sometimes you would have to kiss the cross afterwards.
I remember being told it wasn't a holy day of obligation but we always went.
Yeah, church was awful at Easter. At least the mass at Christmas was at midnight and you knew you were getting presents after! But Easter, jaysus a wet miserable time of year with loads of boring masses (or church services) that went on for hours. Horrendous. I still hate Easter to this day due to all the ****e church things we had to go to.
[Quote] [Thank]
newspower 21:30 Today
Two & Two bars and Mosney......
[Quote] [Thank]
4ensic15 21:32 Today
The 1970's saw the ending (twice) of the penny toffee.
[Quote] [Thank]
whisky_galore 21:52 Today
Originally Posted by JupiterKid:
Never bothered watching the toons As Gaeilge when I could just switch over to BBC or UTV and watch them in English...
Lame effort by rte to get kids into Irish. Never watched them either!
[Quote] [Thank]
whisky_galore 21:58 Today
Originally Posted by Sgt Hartman:
Supergran used to be shown on a Saturday evening, I think it was on BBC1. It was a kids show about an old granny with super powers.

I think the reason Popeye was shown so often on RTE is because the Popeye character is in the public domain. This meant that anyone can show a Popeye cartoon or even come up with their own Popeye cartoon without fear of paying royalties or being sued.

I also remember a cartoon on RTE called Walter Kitty about a cat who had crazy adventures. I think it came from Canada.

Also, I remember Rolf Harris and Jim'l fix it on Saturday evenings. I shudder to think about it now but I used to love watching those 2 creeps when I was a kid :(
No. Popeye was still under copyright at the time. Copyright in Europe expired in 2009 and protected in the US until 2024.

Rte more likely bought them in as they were old and cheap.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 50 of 50
« First < 40484950

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet