boards.ie Mobile
Page 255 of 255
« First < 155205245253254255
Politics>Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)
BabyCheeses 20:55 Today
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman:
Like Hillary and all the democrats accepted the election result and didn't go off on a big tangent that it was tampered with almost immediately and without any evidence ?

Was that before or after 5 million illegals voted?


How does it work, have you really convinced yourself that Trump can do nothing wrong? It is a bit too much of a coincidence that Trump supporters constantly accuse others of what they do themselves. Surely they are capable of seeing that?
[Quote] [Thank]
Igotadose 20:56 Today (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Nody:
Well he might have been confused and forgotten the millions illegal mexicans voting for Hilary that Trump claimed voted as well directly at election.[/URL]
Arguing with the cult45 member has become pointless. As Trump himself said, he could shoot people on 5th avenue and not lose votes. Something like him calling Obama lazy, well, that's going to be disbelieved if Trump tells them to disbelieve it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do...venue-comment/

They don't want to discuss Trump's achievements. They want to wallow in the glory of his absurdity, it gives them some meaning to their lives, whose quality is eroding under Trump.
[Quote] [Thank]
Midlife 21:13 Today
Originally Posted by Igotadose:
Arguing with the cult45 member has become pointless. As Trump himself said, he could shoot people on 5th avenue and not lose votes. Something like him calling Obama lazy, well, that's going to be disbelieved if Trump tells them to disbelieve it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do...venue-comment/

They don't want to discuss Trump's achievements. They want to wallow in the glory of his absurdity, it gives them some meaning to their lives, whose quality is eroding under Trump.
Yeah. I get it if you're a white male bemoaning the death of the America of your parents and railing against modernism. Trump makes you believe you can go back to working in the steel mill etc.

I'm not sure why Irish people on an Irish website would be busy arguing for him though.

He's an unstable semi-moron who believes in conspiracies. His only strong feature is tha he's a good sales/con man.
[Quote] [Thank]
relax carry on 21:46 Today
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman:
ill have to look up all of those to check exactly , but stuff like "he called Obama a lazy student" isn't racist , just because he insults somebody of another race doesn't make it race related. They also have a section on anti-semitism in which they talk about him tweeting a star of David next to money yet can't produce the tweet, also considering the way trump goes on about Israel (which Im not a fan of) , he's the worst anti-semite US president Ive ever seen.
Eric any chance you could have a go at this one from yesterday. I know there's been a lot of posts since then.

Originally Posted by relax carry on:
Eric to cut out the back and forth, is there anything you disagree with or find more than a bit odd about Trumps present/past behaviour as an individual, a businessman and now POTUS? I think most people on this thread have looked at Trumps long history in the public eye, and noted several disturbing themes running through his life. You do not need to look much further than his own Twitter account. No media bias etc needed there. His own tweets show him for what he is.

[Quote] [Thank]
looksee 22:13 Today (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman:
ill have to look up all of those to check exactly , but stuff like "he called Obama a lazy student" isn't racist , just because he insults somebody of another race doesn't make it race related. They also have a section on anti-semitism in which they talk about him tweeting a star of David next to money yet can't produce the tweet, also considering the way trump goes on about Israel (which Im not a fan of) , he's the worst anti-semite US president Ive ever seen.
He didn't say Obama was a lazy student, he said he was a 'terrible' student. Which, depending on the context, is not racist. However he also said 'Laziness is a trait in blacks' which is definitely racist. How could you claim it is not?
[Quote] [Thank]
VonZan 22:17 Today
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious:
The NY Times has a list for you.



https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...mp-racist.html


Although seeing as how you've just said him calling someone the n word would only "perhaps" convince you he harboured racist views, I'm not exactly sure how you define a racist.
That article is a piece of garbage. Look at the sources of some of these quotes. The authors have clearly made their judgement and poorly attempted to fit the narrative with non-racist examples and poorly sourced quotes to prove their point.

At least if you're going to call him racist back it up with veritable quotes and don't use poorly sourced material from a newspaper trying to sell 'news'. Surely if he was a racist there would be video evidence considering how much time he's spend in front of a camera being asked his opinion. Well?
[Quote] [Thank]
everlast75 22:27 Today
Where is that sticky??? :(
[Quote] [Thank]
Eric Cartman 22:31 Today (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by relax carry on:
Eric any chance you could have a go at this one from yesterday. I know there's been a lot of posts since then.
I think what you have is a man in his mid 70s, who unlike most candidates wasnt a career politician and for 70 odd years was a self serving businessman who didnt have to watch his mouth for a very long time the way many of his opponents under political scrutiny since their 20s would have had to. You definitely have a narcassist who is used to getting what he wants and the role of salesman that he played for 70 years he dod that well.

I understand that the man, in his current capacity is liable for a lot more scrutiny than the average joe and that as he is flavour of the term his conduct merits more discussion than the past indiscretions of past presidents.

However I believe people can learn, grow and change with the times, keeping out black people in the 70s real estate market was very common in the time when redlining and other racist practices were a big thing , attitudes to women have evolved leaps and bounds even majorly over the last decade , attitudes to abortion are still a bit in the past.

I believe that you can see an evolution of his views, not as quickly as some would like, and a republican candidate is always going to harbour some things that may seem abhorrent in europe.

I personally agree with the 'muslim ban' , lower taxation, tighter immigration controls and a desire to tariff chinese manufacturing (not in a 'bring back the steel mill' kind of way, but assisting american jobs)

I think on his headline promises the man is delivering (whether you agree with those promises or not) , the way in which he speaks seems childish to us but I think he's going for a vernacular explaination and really speaking to uneducated working class americans who can often be confused by other politicians speaking.

I don't think the man is a hero, certainly not a perfect president , but I believe better than the alternative he shared a polling card with.

I think he's targeting working and middle class white americans and delivering them what they want, he's putting them first even at the frustration of minorities, LGBTQ people and immigrants , but he's a bit like ronseal 'does what it says on the tin' as much as ronseal is fence paint and the world wants the US president to paint picassos .

I think people are too quick to firstly invent and secondly believe every negative thing about him , in a european setting he wouldnt stand a chance but the US is a different ball game.

I think people like donald trump stand as a warning to world politicians that ignoring the whote working vote can lead to upsets.

I personally think politics should be done like business and he represents a lot of that.
[Quote] [Thank]
Eric Cartman 22:33 Today
Originally Posted by looksee:
He didn't say Obama was a lazy student, he said he was a 'terrible' student. Which, depending on the context, is not racist. However he also said 'Laziness is a trait in blacks' which is definitely racist. How could you claim it is not?
but those two incidents were over 20 years apart , its not like he opened the conversation with 'blacks are lazy' and called Obama lazy at the second turn. Putting them together in an article makes it seem that way but thats of course what the author wanted.
[Quote] [Thank]
batgoat 22:34 Today
Originally Posted by VonZan:
That article is a piece of garbage. Look at the sources of some of these quotes. The authors have clearly made their judgement and poorly attempted to fit the narrative with non-racist examples and poorly sourced quotes to prove their point.

At least if you're going to call him racist back it up with veritable quotes and don't use poorly sourced material from a newspaper trying to sell 'news'. Surely if he was a racist there would be video evidence considering how much time he's spend in front of a camera being asked his opinion. Well?
The sources look pretty fine after going through them. Sure, you can highlight what quotes are misrepresented?
[Quote] [Thank]
relax carry on 23:00 Today
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman:
I think what you have is a man in his mid 70s, who unlike most candidates wasnt a career politician and for 70 odd years was a self serving businessman who didnt have to watch his mouth for a very long time the way many of his opponents under political scrutiny since their 20s would have had to. You definitely have a narcassist who is used to getting what he wants and the role of salesman that he played for 70 years he dod that well.

I understand that the man, in his current capacity is liable for a lot more scrutiny than the average joe and that as he is flavour of the term his conduct merits more discussion than the past indiscretions of past presidents.

However I believe people can learn, grow and change with the times, keeping out black people in the 70s real estate market was very common in the time when redlining and other racist practices were a big thing , attitudes to women have evolved leaps and bounds even majorly over the last decade , attitudes to abortion are still a bit in the past.

I believe that you can see an evolution of his views, not as quickly as some would like, and a republican candidate is always going to harbour some things that may seem abhorrent in europe.

I personally agree with the 'muslim ban' , lower taxation, tighter immigration controls and a desire to tariff chinese manufacturing (not in a 'bring back the steel mill' kind of way, but assisting american jobs)

I think on his headline promises the man is delivering (whether you agree with those promises or not) , the way in which he speaks seems childish to us but I think he's going for a vernacular explaination and really speaking to uneducated working class americans who can often be confused by other politicians speaking.

I don't think the man is a hero, certainly not a perfect president , but I believe better than the alternative he shared a polling card with.

I think he's targeting working and middle class white americans and delivering them what they want, he's putting them first even at the frustration of minorities, LGBTQ people and immigrants , but he's a bit like ronseal 'does what it says on the tin' as much as ronseal is fence paint and the world wants the US president to paint picassos .

I think people are too quick to firstly invent and secondly believe every negative thing about him , in a european setting he wouldnt stand a chance but the US is a different ball game.

I think people like donald trump stand as a warning to world politicians that ignoring the whote working vote can lead to upsets.

I personally think politics should be done like business and he represents a lot of that.
Thanks for taking the time to reply Eric. Don't think I'll ever agree with your assessment of him but at least there's a rationale to your position. You are correct that in the last few decades, someone like Trump wouldn't have stood a chance in a European setting but I'm not so sure anymore.
[Quote] [Thank]
qwerty ui op 23:07 Today
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman:
However I believe people can learn, grow and change with the times, keeping out black people in the 70s real estate market was very common in the time when redlining and other racist practices were a big thing , attitudes to women have evolved leaps and bounds even majorly over the last decade , attitudes to abortion are still a bit in the past.

In 2016 he said he still thinks the central park 5 are guilty how about you defend that.
[Quote] [Thank]
Eric Cartman 23:11 Today
Originally Posted by relax carry on:
Thanks for taking the time to reply Eric. Don't think I'll ever agree with your assessment of him but at least there's a rationale to your position. You are correct that in the last few decades, someone like Trump wouldn't have stood a chance in a European setting but I'm not so sure anymore.
If moderate parties/ candidates in Europe on the US followed 5 simple rules, I don't think trump/brexit/UKIP(Farage)/Le Penn etc.. would even stand a chance.

1) White straight men still matter, do not base your entire social policy on helping everyone but them
2) Grandiose Spending plans or tax increases do not win favour especially when the economy is booming.
3) You have to take seriously the terrorism and immigration concerns that natural born citizens have about muslims/islam , do not fob them off as xenophobic/ignorant/racist or they will turn to the parties that listen (despite those parties harbouring much worse ideas) (taking those concerns seriously doesn't necissarily mean ban them, but don't just shut the door on the topic)
4) You can't just play identity politics, stop looking for the first woman or first black etc..., look for the best candidate regardless of identity.
5) Broken promises by the party you voted for in the past hurt worse than the threat of kept promises from the party offering a change, no matter how awful that change may seem.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 255 of 255
« First < 155205245253254255


Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet