Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

French rugby Updates : Le café du Rugby.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

So when the 1/4 finals are played and Clermont and Toulouse win:mad: who plays who in the semis and where are they to be played?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

buck65 wrote: »
    So when the 1/4 finals are played and Clermont and Toulouse win:mad: who plays who in the semis and where are they to be played?

Perpignan will play against the winner of Toulouse - Castres in Montpellier ( stade de la mosson Cap : 32500 )

Toulon will play the winner of Clermont - Racing Metro 92 in St Etienne ( Stade Geoffroy Guichard Cap 35000 )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Montauban have filed for Bankruptcy and will now be relegated while Bayonne will stay up instead.

Link

Hard to believe that just last season, they were in touching distance of probably the biggest upset in HC history.

Treviso surely hold that honour beating Perpignan twice!
    Montauban were the better team that night and we were lucky to get a well dodgy penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Treviso surely hold that honour beating Perpignan twice!
    Montauban were the better team that night and we were lucky to get a well dodgy penalty.
    Twice?
    Are you sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Twice?
    Are you sure.

Once this season anyway, thought they lost both legs last season myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭pat_mas

For those interested:
    today:
    --> ASM Clermont vs Racing Metro @ 7:30pm / TV5 Monde
    tomorrow:
    --> Toulouse vs Castres @ ~3pm / TV5 Monde

TV5 Monde is on ch#799 / SKY (in French)

pat_mas wrote: »
    For those interested:
    today:
    --> ASM Clermont vs Racing Metro @ 7:30pm / TV5 Monde
    tomorrow:
    --> Toulouse vs Castres @ ~3pm / TV5 Monde

TV5 Monde is on ch#799 / SKY (in French)

amazing, double delighted they are on tv5.

1899.png

15-Wisniewski -14- Bobo,13- Chavancy,12- Masi,11- Saubade,10- Steyn,9- Fillol,8- Chabal,7-Cronje,6- Leo'o,5 - Nallet (cap.),4- Dellape - 3-Tuugahala,2- Diomandé,1- Lo Cicero
    Bench: Festuccia, Merabet, Qovu, Berry, Mehrtens, Vakaloa, Orlandi

1546.png

15-Rougerie (cap.),14 - Nalaga,13- Joubert,12- Canale,11- Malzieu,10- James, 9- Parra ,8- Vermeulen,7- Lapandry,6- Bonnaire,5- Pierre,4- Cudmore, 3- Zirakashvili,2- Cabello,1- Domingo.
    Bench : Wepener, Debaty, Privat, Audebert, Senio, Lavea, Floch, Scelzo.

605686-7421858-317-238.jpgbrock-james-avec-clermont-auvergne.jpg

First of these new formula play off matches. The new Paris XV is coming to Cermont with nothing to lose. This is their first season in Elite. The coach Berbizier made an intriguing move in shfting Wisniewski at full back while Steyn will take charge of the fly half position ( i wouldn't like to be a winger for Paris tonight :D ).
    On Clermont side Rougerie will start Full back while Nalaga will be at the Wing. Impressive back three with Malzieu ! looks like Berbizier doesn't want the ball to go that far ;)
    Ledesma is not fit.

The odds are for Clermont but Paris could create the upset if Berbizier plans work. If they keep the game up front they have a chance. If Clermont manage to get the ball quickly outside then it might be easier. Steyn mission tonight is to cut James from Parra.

Setanta is showing Toulouse v Castres live on Saturday plus deferred coverage of ASM v Racing.

I wonder with the ML going to RTE next year will they increase their live total of French games?

• Advertisement

Twice?
    Are you sure.

No I'm wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Setanta is showing Toulouse v Castres live on Saturday plus deferred coverage of ASM v Racing.

I wonder with the ML going to RTE next year will they increase their live total of French games?

Is it definite that the ML is going to RTE next year?

Clermont 21-17 Racing
    Toulouse 35 - 12 Castres

The Racing can have regrets. They really could have make it. Morgan Parra decided otherwise and kicked a nice 5 /5 after taking over Brok James. A YC a bit harsh against Racing.
    toulouse Cruised against Catsres. Castres were the real scarecrows in the regular season and really didn't perform in the play off. toulouse game is really better and better. Only extreme Fatigue could prevent them from winning something this year. They have an unbelievable schedule ATM.

Next week :

Toulon - Clermont
    Perpignan - Toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

****ing hell. :eek:

No altitude to help him out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

****ing hell. :eek:

No altitude to help him out here.

Thats just ridiculous. I still don't rate him that highly, but that's incredible. Fair play to him. Could've gone 80 metres

Racing Metro 92, freshly eliminated from the Top14 Play off have announced their recruitement for next season.

JM Hernandez ( Sharks; Fly Half ), Nicolas Durand ( Perpigan; Scrum Half ), Benjamin Fall ( Bayonne; Winger ), Mirco Bergamasco ( Stade Francais; Winger ),Julien Brugnaut (Munster; Prop), Benjamin Sa (Montauban; Prop), Scott Zimmerman (Brive; Prop), Karim Ghezal (Montauban; Lock), Antoine Battut (Montauban; Flanker), Albert VuliVuli (Bourgoin; winger)

They will be a very tough opposition next season.

article_Hernandez.jpeg nd2.jpg benjamin-fall-aviron-bayonnais.jpg

BoarHunter wrote: »
    Racing Metro 92, freshly eliminated from the Top14 Play off have announced their recruitement for next season.

JM Hernandez ( Sharks; Fly Half ), Nicolas Durand ( Perpigan; Scrum Half ), Benjamin Fall ( Bayonne; Winger ), Mirco Bergamasco ( Stade Francais; Winger ),Julien Brugnaut (Munster; Prop), Benjamin Sa (Montauban; Prop), Scott Zimmerman (Brive; Prop), Karim Ghezal (Montauban; Lock), Antoine Battut (Montauban; Flanker), Albert VuliVuli (Bourgoin; winger)

They will be a very tough opposition next season.

article_Hernandez.jpeg nd2.jpg benjamin-fall-aviron-bayonnais.jpg

Nooooooooo not Brugnaut, thats Munster fecked for next season.

Very surprised Durand is moving always had him down as Mr Perpignan

Thats some haul of signing's. Shows what you can do with a nearly unlimited budget.

Are the player salary caps coming in next season?

the salary cap will be put in place at 8 millions. ( 4.5 millions in England )

the salary cap will be put in place at 8 millions. ( 4.5 millions in England )

So the top 8 teams have to effectively halve their budgets! Not a chance of that happening. I presume they'll have sponsorship and third party payments to get around it.

• Advertisement

So the top 8 teams have to effectively halve their budgets! Not a chance of that happening. I presume they'll have sponsorship and third party payments to get around it.

IIRC wasn't that what got Melbourne Storm into trouble?

IIRC wasn't that what got Melbourne Storm into trouble?

True but if a whole league is doing it its harder to enforce then on a single team like Melbourne.

Can you honestly see the likes of Toulouse/Clermont/Toulon slashing their squad numbers by 33% ?

True but if a whole league is doing it its harder to enforce then on a single team like Melbourne.

Can you honestly see the likes of Toulouse/Clermont/Toulon slashing their squad numbers by 33% ?

True that.

That's what is already done in England, you always find a way. Let's be clear on this. This measure is not made to make things better for the other leagues. This is a prevention for excess and possible administrative demotions that would be a shame for the TOP14. Some clubs are too tempted to go over the limits of their capacities.

That's what is already done in England, you always find a way. Let's be clear on this. This measure is not made to make things better for the other leagues. This is a prevention for excess and possible administrative demotions that would be a shame for the TOP14. Some clubs are too tempted to go over the limits of their capacities.

French clubs are now far more powerful financially then the English clubs were when the RFU introduced their cap though. I think they struggle to enforce it.

Are they still brining in the minimum number of French players per club quota?

they were talking about 40 % which is a bit unrealistic at the moment. I don't know if it will be put in place in the next future.

The Semi-Final between tonight is on TV5 (Sky Channel 799) if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I'm really excited about this game. Almost excited as I am by the prospect of a possible Clermont Toulouse final.

This is the pinacle of club rugby in the world. There is no higher standard than this. Too bad I have no TV where I'm living... Just hoping I can find a stream and my internet somehow miraculously speeds up to allow me to watch it.

1549.pngPerpignan - Toulouse 1498.png
    ( Stade de la Mosson cap : 33000 )
    3 weeks that perpignan haven't played a competition match. On the other side Toulouse are on their way through an hectic schedule. Sometimes it is not the fresher who takes the esge. toulouse game has been better and better as they are programmed every year to finish very strong. Perpignan have a real strong team but will they be able to find each other on the pitch ?

Perpignan : Porical - Sid, Marty, Mermoz, Manas - (o) Laharrague ou Hume (m) Durand - Pérez, Tuilagi, Tonita - Tchale-Watchou, Olibeau - Mas (cap.), Guirado, Freshwater.

bench : Tincu, Schuster, Vilaceca, Le Corvec , ou Cazenave, Grandclaude, Burger, Pulu.

Toulouse : Poitrenaud - Delasau, Fritz, Jauzion, Heymans - (o) Skrela, (m) Bezy - Maka, Sowerby, Bouilhou (cap.) - Albacete, Maestri - Johnston, Lacombe, Human.

bench
    : Servat, Poux, Millo-Chluski, Picamoles, Médard, Clerc, David ou Dusautoir, Lecouls
    86103_PERPIGNAN_TUILAGI_021109.jpg
    200708270603_h192.jpg

• Advertisement

Perpignan 21
    Toulouse 13

Final Score.

Advertisement