Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Job Vacancies Thread - **Read first post before posting and no chat**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

We are looking for a wide demographic of people who have never shopped online (and plenty that have also) to review and help us give feedback on a range of websites.

This is a freelance position and I would like you to send a PM to me with your email address and full name, so you can be contacted with relevant jobs.

This might sound stupid but do you get paid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 catherinem

We have an entry level vacancy for a 'Junior Product Consultant' in our company. It is primarily a software testing role to begin with (but with fantastic prospects for the future) for an recent IT graduate or an individual with some relevant experience. We are a Dublin city centre based branch of a large international company. See the job spec below for details and PM me if you are interested!

Junior Product Consultant

Responsibilities include testing software primarily and in the future training users and some implementation as part of the development team in Ireland.

This is an exciting and challenging position that will offer the successful candidate a chance to join an expanding and successful company. Whist full training will be provided the successful applicant must have the ability to work both independently and also as part of a team.

Although experience is not essential the candidate should have either practical work experience in software testing/implementation or a suitable 3rd level qualification in software/computing discipline.

Key Job Responsibilities:

• Test new software programs, modules and fixes.
    • Deal directly with clients to scope and then implement new systems.
    • Support new implementations until hand-over to Support Department.
    • Liaise closely with Support, Sales, and Development teams.

The successful candidate will ideally:

• Have a pro-active approach with a very positive attitude.
    • Have excellent communications skills when dealing with clients.
    • Have either work experience in or a suitable 3rd level qualification in a software/computing discipline
    • Be a quick learner with an aptitude for matters of a technical nature
    • Have a willingness to learn and train on our other software products
    • Be self motivated, highly resilient and have the ability to work of your own initiative
    • Have good administrative and organisational skills with a flexible attitude
    • A willingness to travel within Ireland and the UK
    • Be able to manage workload using sound organisational skills and responding flexibly to the needs of the business.
    • Be able to demonstrate interpersonal skills that enable strong communication with, and influencing of others both internally and externally.

The position has the following additional benefits:

• Company Pension Scheme
    • Flexible benefits scheme
    • Generous holidays

PM me if you are interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jpmiddleton

msg11 wrote: »
    This might sound stupid but do you get paid ?

Thanks for the question, and apologies for not stating so. Yes the jobs will be paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

Bar Staff required for the newly opened Canal Bar in Ashtown Village , Dublin 15

This job would suit energetic, motivated individuals with fluent English, passion for
    the business and excellent customer service skills.

Experience is not essential but would be of benefit

These positions will require both Mid-Week and Week End Work

Salary: TBC

Please apply with CV to canalbarjobs@gmail.com
    You can PM me if you'd prefer and i'll forward the message on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Hi guys,

Just forwarding on this here. ICSE (www.securityexcellence.net) are looking for trainers in the West of Ireland and Dublin areas.

There are looking for trainers in:

FETAC Level 4 Door Security Procedures
    FETAC Level 4 Static Guarding Skills
    Manual Handling
    Child Protection
    CV Preparation

If anyone knows anyone interested let them know. And call 091 534918 or 01 6401989

N.B I am not an employee of ICSE, so please do not PM me; I know as much as I've posted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Off topic nonsense deleted, PM me if you have a question

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

Heya guys,

My company currently has several IT positions to fill.It's a large multi-national games company based in Cork with a great, fun loving office environment.
    If you're interested in the following positions please shoot me a PM.

All positions are:
    based in Cork
    Permanent full-time (possible part time for CS)

IT-Positions
    Web Developer II
    Software Design Engineer II
    Senior Software Design Engineer
    Sr. Software Test /QA Engineer (Senior SDFT)

Details available on PM as well ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I'm not involved in this recruitment at all, but I think the role might suit some boardsies...

The Wheel is once again accepting applications for the position of Information Systems Officer.

The successful candidate for this key role will be responsible for the development and maintenance of The Wheel’s information management systems: focusing on the database (Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system) and suite of websites.

The primary objective of the role is to maximize the potential of our information systems to serve members and participants as well as ensuring organisational efficiencies.

At least four years practical experience and understanding of working with CRM and web-based database systems is required along with a track record in acting as webmaster.

Specific technical skills are required including writing SQL, Drupal website administration, advanced html and system administration. In addition the successful candidate will have good writing skills for print and the web and an understanding of the characteristics and importance of information quality.

The role requires a person who has an appreciation of working within a charitable organisation in an inclusive manner and who has sound judgment and an understanding of the role of information systems as a tool and not an end.
    A full job description can be viewed on www.wheel.ie/jobs.

Applications should be made on the official application form with a covering letter before 5pm on Wednesday, 7 December, 2011 to Eva de la Haza: eva@wheel.ie

Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a panel interview as well as a task-based skills test on Monday, 19 December and they should allow up to two hours for this.

The Wheel is an equal opportunities employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

hi guys,

Came across this job posting over the weekend, applied for it myself but don't have enough experience for it, might suit someone on here.

http://jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1140581

hopefully it will suit someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Hi Guys,

I've alot of full time openings for graduate software testers in a multinational company based in Dublin. We've offices in most countries in Europe and the staff are encouraged (and expensed) to work in in these countries.

Its a great company to work for, and they are looking for anyone who has graduated recently with a 2.1 in computer science or Engineering with knowledge of programming or database languages.

Most training is done before you get thrown in the field and they also sponsor your own career growth.

PM me for more information :)

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Merchandiser wanted in Dublin to start immediately. Must have own car. 3 months initially but it has potential to grow. 400 pw net. PM me, thanks.

Job filled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Mechanical Building Services Contract / Project Manager required for a number of projects nationwide & UK. Must be willing to travel. A minimum of ten years project management experience on site is required.

Immediate Start

Please PM me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Joe10000 wrote: »
    Merchandiser wanted in Dublin to start immediately. Must have own car. 3 months initially but it has potential to grow. 400 pw net. PM me, thanks.

Job filled, mods please remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Title: Principal Electronic Engineer
    Type: Permanent Full Time
    Qualification: Minimum a Degree in E.E.
    Experience: 10 Years+

Description: A Principal Engineering position with an established medical device company in Galway,as part of a Engineering team you will work on complex electro-mechanical products, acting as the primary resource for Electronic Engineering Issues and mentoring a team of Engineers.

PM for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TheFarneyman

Title: Sales/Marketing Rep
    Type: Temporary Full Time
    Qualification: Degree level/ Full Driving License
    Description:

We are looking for a hard working, motivated sales person that will achieve results.
    The ability to close out a sale is a must as the position is on a commission only basis.
    The expected commission would be in the region of 500 to 1000 euro a week.
    Applicants must have their own car. Laptop and mileage provided.
    Organisational skills is key to this job and we want someone that is really enthusiastic.

The product you will be selling is a unique web based golf tool. You will be calling to Golf Clubs,Ranges,Shops depending on your geographical location.

PM for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 passionate

Restaurant Supervisor
    An exciting opportunity for an experienced Restaurant Supervisor to come on board and join the team for a new 60 seater Eatery opening in Rathgar, Co Dublin. This will be an independent Eatery so your role will be very much a hands on approach with responsibility for the smooth day to day running of the service team.
    Reporting to the owner, you will be responsible for:
    • Managing and working with a service team.
    o Manage reservations and table management during service.
    • Ensure high standards of friendly customer service are maintained at all times.
    Candidate Requirements:
    • 2-3 Years Experience in Restaurants or Hotels.
    o Sound knowledge of all aspects of the Restaurant Supervisor role including rostering, purchasing, reservations etc.
    • Proven ability to supervise a team.
    • Sound knowledge and passion for the food industry.
    • To work well under own initiative and as part of a team.
    • Ability to communicate well and understand the English language to a high standard.
    Salary: €25000-27000K
    Hours: 5 Days over 7
    So if you are seeking a new and exciting challenge and would like to be appreciated for your efforts, this is great position for you.

If you are interested in this position please send your CV via the link or send us an email and we can call you to answer any queries that you may have.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

arbitrage, please use adverts.ie for once-off type jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roaming hills

I have a new business and looking for a partner or employee male or female, based in New Ross Co Wexford, must have good computer experience and be able to develop the business online, office based, and commission only until the business can afford to pay wages,
    Take a chance here, it could be very worth while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Tom Harward

Job Title ORACLE Now Hiring UK Inside Sales Talent in Dublin, Ireland
    Salary/rate £35000 - £45000/annum
    Location Dublin, South East

Successful candidates will sell world leading Oracle solutions to corporate clients in the UK Market from our EMEA sales operation in Dublin.

Oracle Direct is our EMEA sales organisation selling all Oracle Technology solutions and services – Hardware, Database, Middleware and Applications.

apply here or pm me for details.

@Gagetman - advert deleted. Try again without putting in age brackets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Gagetman

Position: TV installation Technician
    Job description: A suitable candidate will be required to install and setup digital terrestrial & satellite TV. This will involve fitting aerials, satellite dishes and the setting up of set top boxes. No experience needed as full training will be provided.
    Position would suit someone who is self motivated, interested in electronics and TV reception.
    Must have own van. Be in good physical health.
    Equipment and tools will be provided.
    Salary: Commission based as business in start up, but high potential earnings for the right candidate.
    This is a unique opportunity to get involved in a new business and to be part of helping it get established & grow.

PM me if you want to know more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gusriordan

Hey guys

We are currently in the process of recruiting an IT person to help implement a new ERP system and to help with general IT queries within the business. If you know of anyone who would be interested please follow this link

http://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/IT-System-Analyst-6578207.aspx

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

Hey again,

Just an addition, my employer, a large multi-national gaming company has several engineering roles to fill.

Teamwork and a positive attitude are essential

Kind: Full-time/permanent
    Start: ASAP
    Qualification: BA or higher in relevant area, proven track record of activities, experience (may vary for the position)

Positions to fill:
    · Software Design Engineer II - Ecommerce
    · Software Design Engineer I - Ecommerce
    · Lead Software Design Engineer - Ecommerce
    · Software Design Engineer in Test/ QA II - Ecommerce
    · Software Test Engineer II - Ecommerce
    · Senior Software Test Engineer - Ecommerce
    · Senior Software Design Engineer - Ecommerce
    · Software Design Engineer II - Cloud Gaming
    · Senior Software Design Engineer - Cloud Gaming
    · Software Design Engineer in Test II - Cloud Gaming
    · Front-End Web Developer I - Cloud Gaming
    · Front-End Web Developer II - Cloud Gaming
    · Software Design Engineer I - Cloud Gaming

PM me for further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cinematic

[mod-note: these vacancies have now been filled, please do not contact the poster about them.]

Hi, I hope this is the most relevant thread. I looked for a thread under disability but couldn't find one. Please feel free to move to any location you feel more relevant.

We are a service that works specifically with individuals who have health issues or disabilities and as such find it particularly difficult to find employment. I would really appreciate if people could pass this information on to anyone who has a health issue (eg dyslexia, ADHD, ADD, back problem, diabeties etc) or disability (mental health, physical, sensory or a learning disability) and may be suitable for the following positions:

We have forged relationships with a number of employers who are currently seeking to hire people from our service in the following areas:

General Operative Positions

The jobs are full time, Mon to Fri mainly but flexibility is required as person may be asked to work Sat / Sun during particularly busy periods.

The jobs involve a good degree of physical fitness as staff are on their feet most of the day, and the job involved lifting items.

Candidates are required to work outdoors so should be happy to work in all weather conditions

The jobs are located on the Northside of Dublin

Early morning starts (6.30am) are required so the position would best suit an individual with their own transport

Driving Positions - C License (2 different locations)

C License drivers with previous experience required

Northside Positions

• The jobs are full time, Mon to Fri mainly but flexibility is required as person may be asked to work Sat / Sun during particularly busy periods.

• The jobs are located on the Northside of Dublin

• Early morning starts (6.30am) are required so the position would best suit an individual with their own transport.

Southside Positions

• The positions are full-time and operate on a 3 day on, 3 day off shift over a Mon-Sun shift. Weekend work will be required.

• Shifts operate 10am – 10pm

• Candidates require a good level of fitness as heavy lifting may be required.

If you are aware of anyone who:

• has a disability/health issue;
    • is available to work FULL-TIME,
    • has a good degree of physical fitness,
    • can suit the requirements of the role they are interested in

Customer Care Roles - Meath

• Full-time positions available

• Person must have excellent telephone manner and previous customer care / office experience

• The jobs are full time, Mon to Fri mainly but flexibility is required as person may be asked to work Sat / Sun during particularly busy periods.

• Own transport would be advantageous

Please send a CV outlining the position you are interested in and a letter of application explaining the job seeker’s suitability for the role and details of any accommodations needed on account of the health issue / disability to: <<address removed - use PM>>

Medical confirmation of fitness to work will be requested prior to starting in the job.

Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their CV and letter of application and those being called to initial interview will be notified.

Thanks

I've deleted some posts. Please do not sign up just to post vacancies - use www.adverts.ie for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Caoimhew

Hi Eoin,
    Just wondering what the protocol is for posting on this thread. I'm new to boards.ie thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,659 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Caoimhew wrote: »
    Hi Eoin,
    Just wondering what the protocol is for posting on this thread. I'm new to boards.ie thanks

You can find it in this post, at the beginning of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ChrisD

Recruitment Sales Administrator (Resourcer)
    Hours: See below

Role: To support small expanding sales department in recruitment and headhunting including:
    Assist and search for “Expert” level passive R & D candidates across Europe
    Manage our external communications for candidate attraction including web based promotion
    Responsible for candidate registration and information gathering
    Boolean and Xray search for passive candidates
    Maintain web-based files, documents & social media platform
    Compile admin and activity reports
    Some basic accounts work
    As a small successful growing business, ideas and input always welcome

Experience sought:Previous recruitment background
    As much of the above experience as possible
    Proactive and results driven with an attitude to learn and progress
    Outgoing and personable with confidence to talk to anybody, anywhere in the world
    Accurate keyboard skills and attention to detail
    Likes to push things and take the initiative, expand self and results

TAIT RS Ltd is a specialist recruiter for the Telecommunications, IT and Energy industries across Europe (www.taitresources.com) and partner with some of the world’s leading organisations. We recruit within the R & D and development areas of these leading edge industries.
    Started in Jan 2010 we made a good profit year 1 and YTD figures show us approaching a 400% increase for 2011. I now need someone to take responsibility for all the back-end admin and assist in identifying, locating and communicating with “passive” candidates across Europe. The role could grow into something much more responsible and proactive should the candidate wish and show the initiative, desire and see the bigger picture!

Hours: Some office based and some possibly from home.

Reply with full (word doc) CV to chris@taitresources.com

http://www.taitresources.com/about-us/
    https://twitter.com/#!/taittweets
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tait-R-S-Jobs/148577678540704
    http://www.linkedin.com/groups?jobs=&gid=3597760&trk=anet_ug_jobs

Chris 0868133965

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cinematic

Hi, I was wondering how I can edit my existing post as one of the roles has now been filled.

Also apologies on the double post Eoin.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 pcooney

We have 2 positions available in my company for
    .Net/C# Senior and Junior Positions

Details below.
    PM me if any interest

Position: .NET Developer
    Type: Full-time and permanent
    Salary: Depending on experience

Our company in the telecommunication industry, is growing and looking for an experienced .NET Developer to join their team.

Position details :
    • Developing applications for the company's .NET product suite
    • Develop designs based on requirements
    • Bug fixing
    • Taking part in an Agile environment
    The requirements :
    • Third level qualification in Computer Science or related discipline
    • 5 - 7 years .NET development (C#) in a senior role , 1-3yrs for junior role
    • Knowledge and experience using C#, .NET, PHP/MySQL
    • Great communication skills (both written and oral)

Advertisement