Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty sobering news story showing the cost of human life that goes with consumer electronics. That factory has set up nets all over it's buildings to stop workers commiting suicide which happens a lot in the plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Wow that's shocking!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

isn't their suicide rate actually below the national suicide rate of china?
    so it works out better to be working there than actually living in the rest of china

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

microsoft benefiting from cheap labor in asia, then not paying to theyr workers! no way! :eek:

some sad news though.

+1 on such thread too!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Foxcon also supplies a lot of hardware for iPhones and the news of suicides and troubles at their plants is unfortunately not new :(

On a different note, Razer just sent me this in an email:

I'm not convinced. I think it's a slightly better prospect than that utterly nonsensical gaming laptop they came out with last year but I can't see this being cost effective enough to make it a valid choice.

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    Foxcon also supplies a lot of hardware for iPhones and the news of suicides and troubles at their plants is unfortunately not new :(

On a different note, Razer just sent me this in an email:

I'm not convinced. I think it's a slightly better prospect than that utterly nonsensical gaming laptop they came out with last year but I can't see this being cost effective enough to make it a valid choice.

button placment just does not make any sense! so ever time i need to press a button i will have to have take my thumb off?

after that laptop i just lost faith in razor. they just should stick to what they good at: gaming mouses...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

No real point in creating a thread for this until we get some solid news but there's a rumor going around that...

THQ Wipes Out Games Planned for 2014 to Ready Itself for Sale, Says Games Insider

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Was about to post that myself,its flying around the net that rumour

I really hope it's just a rumor...

I liked metro 2033 and Dow games from relic ( thq ). THQ are not tight bastords when it comes to sales too!

I got every single Dow 40k game! They are awesome! In fact I downloaded retribution few days ago and I am loving it again.

They're now denying it thankfully.

It probably wouldn't have affected anything already announced but there was still the Guillermo Del Toro game and the title being developed by their new Canadian studio being headed by Patrice Desilets (former Creative Director of Assassins Creed) to worry about.

As for Relic, they're probably one of their biggest assets so I couldn't see them being mistreated too much. Metro also proved surprisingly profitable for them too so I can see the relationship with 4A being protected, despite them being independent.

We'll see anyway I guess, THQ aren't the most reliable bunch when it comes to ****ing with their internal studios so hopefully none of them get shafted in any potental shakeup. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

And in other news Square Enix are relocating headquarters due to fortune teller :eek:

http://gamingbolt.com/square-enix-relocating-headquarters

Bout the funniest thing ive ever read :pac:

And in other news Square Enix are relocating headquarters due to fortune teller :eek:

http://gamingbolt.com/square-enix-relocating-headquarters

Bout the funniest thing ive ever read :pac:

its a shame same fortune teller did not warned about how ****y FF 14 came out....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The state of the MMO industry at the moment might mean it gets cancelled. The only model that seems to work is free to play unless you are WoW or SWOR and the 40K MMO would have to go free to play to succeed. THQ would probably do well to cut their losses if the budget so far has been way too high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

A man claims to have every PS2 game sealed.
    http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/4668/article/collector-has-every-playstation-2-game---sealed/
    Hope nobody forgot to tell him the PS3 is already out.

Just don't get collectors like that. All those games and yet he'll never use any of them. I'd only ever buy games I like but with a collection like that there's an awful lot of ****.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just don't get collectors like that. All those games and yet he'll never use any of them. I'd only ever buy games I like but with a collection like that there's an awful lot of ****.

well i think he was aiming at having FULL list of games on ps2. he cant not to buy a game, just because it sucks if he wants to have a FULL collection.

i am prety sure he has copies of games he plays too. he just keeps this unwraped.

It's still quite pathetic. And this from some one that collects old games as well.

It's still quite pathetic. And this from some one that collects old games as well.

i dont know, i like it. ( if he actually has copies that he plays too )

i always want to start a sega mega drive 2 ( genesis called here? ) collection just for **** and giggles as i LOVED that console, but i dont know if i will have enough funds to start it.

i am geeky enough, misses was not amused when i told her: i want to try warhammer 40k figurines collection ( not actually play table game).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just don't get it. Like having cool spiderman figures in a box on the shelf when really you should be running round the room shooting pretend web and lashing him into Venom!!

Watching a lot of House lately, i'd say that guy has serious neurological problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭fusuf

bet he doesnt have gaelic games football 2 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

lol, bit harsh... sounds like your jelly tbh !

From my understanding... unopened collections are usually worth a **** load more than opened/used ones !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

fusuf wrote: »
    bet he doesnt have gaelic games football 2 :cool:

Its an NTSC collectuion so he probably doesn't have any PAL games that weren't released in the US

Magill wrote: »
    lol, bit harsh... sounds like your jelly tbh !

From my understanding... unopened collections are usually worth a **** load more than opened/used ones !

Where's the fun in that though, so you can look at it and feel smug. Also you'll never know if they actually work. Plenty of bad batches of games get out on ebay sealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Where's the fun in that though, so you can look at it and feel smug. Also you'll never know if they actually work. Plenty of bad batches of games get out on ebay sealed.

I don't think they're ever meant to be played with, guess its like baseball cards or stamps.. don't think they ever use those either.

I don't understand it either... but meh... some people are just wierd like that !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Hats off to the guy if that's what he wants to do, but I'd sa there's some sort of condition there. Although I have an awful lot of records and movies still in their packaging.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

GTR63 wrote: »
    A man claims to have every PS2 game sealed.http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/4668/article/collector-has-every-playstation-2-game---sealed/
    Hope nobody forgot to tell him the PS3 is already out.

ha ha ha! I laughed really hard at that.

That's cool. Although if i collect things I'd wanna play with them :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Insomniac won't be making any more resistance games, not suprised with Overstrike coming, when was that announced never even remember hearing about it. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-26-insomniac-confirms-it-wont-make-more-resistance-games

GTR63 wrote: »
    Insomniac won't be making any more resistance games, not suprised with Overstrike coming, when was that announced never even remember hearing about it. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-26-insomniac-confirms-it-wont-make-more-resistance-games
    It was unveiled at E3 last year with a trailer. As for Resistance, I've yet to pick up the third game but I was under the impression the story was brought to a close?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement