Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,438 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gizmo wrote: »

Thought this was only going to XBLA, I never played Shenmue, anyone tell me why everyone goes crazy about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thought this was only going to XBLA, I never played Shenmue, anyone tell me why everyone goes crazy about it?

It was fantastic in its day, played like Yakuza does, great story, great action. Don't know will it hold up today, but i'll be buying them anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

Capcom just might be my most hated devs now. They have put out some attrociously greedy DLC lately and now they say Survival Horror is dead to justify the run and gun fest that Resi 6 is gonna be. Did they not see the reviews Raccoon City is getting? Are they judging it by the bad reviews Homecoming is getting? Or do they see COD getting a lot of money and want in on the action?

Survival Horror isn't dead, devs are just trying to make more money in more popular markets.

lazy whores. Not looking forward to Resi 6 at all after that statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,271 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

What a spastic arsehole. Right, if that raccoon city will still sell a lot of copies, then I will losse any faith I had left with gamers. That game is bad, not just bad as re or horror survival, but it is bad in general.

So yeah, R.I.P. RE franchise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

"We're Americans god damn it, we don't need to sneak around. Lets go in with bazookas blazing & teach that T-Virus a lesson!"

The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few :(

EnterNow wrote: »
    "We're Americans god damn it, we don't need to sneak around. Lets go in with bazookas blazing & teach that T-Virus a lesson!"

The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few :(

Just to add - its lovely how they decided how all of the world feels about games by just looking in to US market... It's just 1 fecking country... If they like it it does not mean that the rest of the world like it. You don't see NASCAR and cowboy hats in Europe...

It's like: all asians look the same, but this time: you all non Asians look the same... ( it's bad saying, but you know what I mean, I am not rassist :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just to add - its lovely how they decided how all of the world feels about games by just looking in to US market... It's just 1 fecking country... If they like it it does not mean that the rest of the world like it. You don't see NASCAR and cowboy hats in Europe...

It's like: all asians look the same, but this time: you all non Asians look the same... ( it's bad saying, but you know what I mean, I am not rassist :) )

Are you nuts man? There is no outside of the US :p

Huge gta v info leak. Can't post the link in my phone but google examiner.com gta v leak. Some friend of an ex employee of rockstar so take it as you will. I hope the may 2013 release date is wrong anyway

Here is link

http://m.examiner.com/node/44938956

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

THQ's financial worries continues as they lay off a load of people, which in turn forces them to change the upcoming Warhammer MMO Dark Millenium Online to a single player game (although most likely with heavy MP aspect like L4D or War In The North).

It's a pity, because I was quite looking forward to this. And I thought it might be the one thing to help THQ through their current troubles.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/29/thq-lays-off-118-at-relic-vigil-as-warhammer-40k-mmo-dark-millenium-goes-single-player/

Huge gta v info leak. Can't post the link in my phone but google examiner.com gta v leak. Some friend of an ex employee of rockstar so take it as you will. I hope the may 2013 release date is wrong anyway

Here is link

http://m.examiner.com/node/44938956

Linky

It is an extensive list, but one i believe someone could come up with by themselves. Nothing in it is spoilerific... Like you though, i hope the release date is before May 2013...

So, looks like Sega have lost a **** ton of money and are cancelling the development of some titles.

My money is on no Vanquish or Bayonetta sequels so. :(

EDIT: Course it depends on who owns the IP, them or Platinum. This needs to be investigated at lunch...

Bulletstorm sequel plans shelved, People Can Fly on new project

****ing **** **** **** **** ****.

Not sure what he's talking about with the PC port though, sure it had GFWL and its integration was a little sketchy but I had zero problems with the game outside of that. On the contrary in fact, it's one of the few games which looked absolutely beautiful when on a decent system. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,271 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Interesting post-mortem on the indie game Waves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Nollog

hhhmmmmmmmm

So, Sony registers 'From Ashes' trademark. Bioware say Sony won't approve MP challenges in Mass Effect 3, possibly because of dispute over name 'From Ashes'? Sony hint at new God Of War title.

Could this all mean God of War IV: From Ashes??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

hhhmmmmmmmm

So, Sony registers 'From Ashes' trademark. Bioware say Sony won't approve MP challenges in Mass Effect 3, possibly because of dispute over name 'From Ashes'? Sony hint at new God Of War title.

Could this all mean God of War IV: From Ashes??

I was watching wrath of the titans last night and i kept praying for kratos to jump out and rip off everyones face in it. GOW4 would be nice but they've pretty much finished the story line as it is.

• Advertisement

I was watching wrath of the titans last night and i kept praying for kratos to jump out and rip off everyones face in it. GOW4 would be nice but they've pretty much finished the story line as it is.

Probably some prequel for the Vita...

While I'd prefer to see more original titles getting exposure on Kickstarter, I can't not be excited about this bit of news. :)

Shadowrun creator wants to resurrect Crimson Skies

I ****ing loved the original on the PC (not so much the console sequel) so it'd be great to see another game in that vein if they can get the funding sorted.

Bethesda put a pic on FB with the tile 'Tomorrow'. Anyone know what this is for? Skyrim DLC? I really hope it's Fallout 4 but highly doubt it.

546570_324741520926711_139538492780349_842734_2083296939_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Well there is skyrim a patch slated for later this month which will include Kinect voice controlls.Perhaps something to do with that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

hightower1 wrote: »
    Well there is skyrim a patch slated for later this month which will include Kinect voice controlls.Perhaps something to do with that?

They've already announced that, so i don't think so. Would love it to be Fallout 4, but will probably be Skyrim dlc...which is also fine by me :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

until i just read the words fallout 4 in your post i wasn't at all excited or anticipating a new fallout game
    but now that i've seen the words..WANT

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bah! It's just a trailer for Dishonored. Although it looks pretty damn interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That looks awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I've been fooled by really good FMV before, but i'll keep an eye on this one :)

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Bah! It's just a trailer for Dishonored. Although it looks pretty damn interesting.

LOVE the setting, is it some sort of futuristic world war 1 style universe? reminds me fallout/bioshock in some way.

though i will hold my judgement untill i see gameplay videos, i dont want dead island thing again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement