Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

gonna start trying a few mods:

new volvo interior

trailer skin pack

Realistic physics mod - which removes the speed limiter :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Im so glad im not the only one playing this. honestly its a bit embarrassing :o

why do you find it embarrassing :)?
    Bloodwing wrote: »
    I started playing this yesterday evening and it's strangely addictive. A descent wheel makes a big difference. I've even started using the sequential gear shifters as indicators. Thanks for the heads up Tea!!

what steering wheel do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

what steering wheel do you have?

I have the G27. It's a good wheel for the price. You'd be looking at 1000+ for something better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

What a fantastic thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I'm so glad to see all the closet ETS players coming out of the woodwork! :D Been playing this for a while now too. Damn relaxing I must say. I love throwing on my weekly podcasts and trucking along with this. It's so much better than I thought it would be. I'd love a steering wheel for it too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bloodwing wrote: »
    I have the G27. It's a good wheel for the price. You'd be looking at 1000+ for something better.

Was just having a look on amazon,does the chair come with it too?

Was just having a look on amazon,does the chair come with it too?

No chair with it I'm afraid. It's just the wheel, pedals, and shifter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I have 2 drivers now and they are utterly useless i as a driver made an average of 21,000 a day they have made 230 each well worth the 205,000 euro in trucks there ;/

they get better, but not much it seems. i hit level 10 there. got 2 drivers @ class 2.5. 1 brings in just under 1k a day, and the other €580 :confused:

im making enough to pay off my loan installments, but its going to take a while. im going to put all my skill points into expensive cargo and long haul, cause i heard of a guy making 65k a trip with that :/

either way, at the moment it looks like hiring drivers is a waste of time. they earn way too little to pay for their trucks/garage upgrades in a reasonable timeframe.

I keep getting E-mails from the bank offering me loans but so far I've resisted. If I stopped getting done for speeding at least 3 times per job I might be able to afford the repayments.

I'm getting about €8000 per job now so I'll stick with that for a bit.

Did you try out any of the mods Tea? I'm tempted to try the physics mod.

• Advertisement

iv the physics mod installed its definatly more truck like now with the cab bouceing about and gear ratios slightly changed

yea they're great. the removed speed limiter is also a huge bonus. 140kph makes the jobs far faster. I love the trailer skin too. nothing like hauling a DHL trailer. just installed a petrol station skin that makes them real ones now, like Shell, BP, Texaco etc, but don't have time to test til tomorrow.

its the little things :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

And I STILL can't tell if this is a joke thread or not!

And I STILL can't tell if this is a joke thread or not!

its not still a good game even a few days later

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So for those looking in on this thread and thinking "wait, what??", could anyone explain the pluses of this game? I presume you have to be into management games in the first instance to enjoy this, but what's the appeal here?

its just really relaxing and enjoyable. I dunno. honestly though, try the demo. it appears that the management side of things doesn't add much value to the game in that your hired drivers don't make much money, so you could probably leave that part out all together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

This is slowly becoming a sleeper hit.... Will there be a zombie mod?

To be honest I can't figure out why I'm enjoying the game so much, all I know is someone in Glasgow is waiting on a load of hot chemicals so I don't have the time to be hanging around here answering questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Wossack

would look into this, but Im currently addicted to farming simulator 2013

(not joking :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

I'm playing office simulator right now, pretty boring, but graphics are very good, physics too

• Advertisement

Wossack wrote: »
    would look into this, but Im currently addicted to farming simulator 2013

(not joking :o)

I tried it, and that really is rubbish. this is a different league all together.
    Stingerbar wrote: »
    I'm playing office simulator right now, pretty boring, but graphics are very good, physics too

any mods installed? ive got low income and high expense installed. its not very good :)

Stingerbar wrote: »

I like the way they removed the camera glare but falling damage is outrageously imbalanced in my opinion.

saw this on another forum:

gPs3V.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Grimebox wrote: »
    I like the way they removed the camera glare but falling damage is outrageously imbalanced in my opinion.
    I like the way you can slap the face off your boss without getting...

...oh wait.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I like the way you can slap the face off your boss without getting...

...oh wait.

Nah just quicksave first before you do it. Trust me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

But89 wrote: »
    Someone answer me here please! <SNIP>
    Thank you! :)
    This spam someone get rid of him already! >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Taylor365 wrote: »
    This spam someone get rid of him already! >:(

Please don't quote spam. When the spammers posts are deleted, your quoted spam gets left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It's quite relaxing to play but very easy to fùck up if you lapse concentration. Yesterday I was nearly finished a long ass haul when I almost flipped the truck at the last bend.

Managed to keep it on one side for a couple of seconds and put it back down. Felt like Timothy Dalton, then :pac:
    licence-to-kill-truck-chase.jpg

I've yet to buy a truck and set up my own business but it's things like that which give you a goal to aim towards.

wonder if the extra axle on the trucks open up more load options ?

• Advertisement

are you talking about the 6x2? I don't think it adds anything other than looks, and the turning circle is a little worse.

Advertisement