Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Needs more interesting idead, perhaps f they incorporate a snake in a toilet?

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/k655k0/night-whisper-lane-gameplay-showcase-trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Got a job there but seems to be paying a high price for the goods to be delivered which has me thinking it could be drugs, should I accept it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did anyone else order a g27 steering wheel from komplett? they had 5 and now there out of stock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I've been playing the demo for the last few days..finding driving the motorways at night in the rain very relaxing tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

started truckin over the weekend too - fun wee game :)
    Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    There's nice little touches too.. like I missed the exit on one of the runs last night but rather than hitting an invisible wall or something you just continue on to the next one and double back.

I was waiting ages getting out of the truckyard with a trailer full of forklifts, and low and behold a break in the line of traffic appears, and one of the cars flash me to let me pull out - very nice little touches indeed :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got my steering wheel today,finding it a bit hard to get used to,you know trying to release the clutch and pressing the accelator without conking out :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Got my steering wheel today,finding it a bit hard to get used to,you know trying to release the clutch and pressing the accelator without conking out :-/
    thats called driving:pac:

tempted to download the demo....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It up for greenlighting on steam, do the right thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Been playing this for a couple of days now, really like it. The G27 controller looks absolutely awesome :p

Ya I love my g27,I still love this game,does it expand to russia at all though?

• Advertisement

Ya I love my g27,I still love this game,does it expand to russia at all though?

Don't think so. I'm still on level 11. Still haven't seen most places. Think I'm gonna order a wheel and pedals anyway. Won't be the g27 though. Maybe one day cause I really enjoy racing sims.

Don't think so. I'm still on level 11. Still haven't seen most places. Think I'm gonna order a wheel and pedals anyway. Won't be the g27 though. Maybe one day cause I really enjoy racing sims.

definitely get a wheel,so much fun,its a pity theres no russia,I guess england will do *sigh*

Yeah it's shame driving around Ireland would have been cool too. Maybe next time. Did you play the first one?

Yeah it's shame driving around Ireland would have been cool too. Maybe next time. Did you play the first one?

oh yes ireland too,no sir I did not,is it worth a punt?

No idea! Was wondering cause I wanted to ask if it was much different.

No idea! Was wondering cause I wanted to ask if it was much different.

ah I see,have you loaded up any mods? I Must check them out actually

None whatsoever, will have a look now though.

What level are you? Got many drivers/trucks?

I'm only lvl 22,no driver,trying to get to 1million before I recruit any one :P for fear I go bust :P

Oh wow. I employed people straight away. They don't really make you much money at the start but they level up just like you do over time so once they have their licences for chemicals, explosives etc. They make more. Bad thing is I'm probably getting ripped off paying the loans back. From now on I might just save up instead.

how much of a loan did you take out?

• Advertisement

I took out the 100k and the 400k loans as soon as they became available to me :p

I took out the 100k and the 400k loans as soon as they became available to me :p

oh jesus hahahaha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I glanced into the thread expecting to see a game I'd never heard of being made fun of but I have to say the thread has been both funny and lovely to read. I'm not a big sim player but the game seems to be held with a certain amount of fascination and warmth, so much so that it's promoted me to go off and download the demo.

Hopefully I find it as much fun as you lot.

Just bought it :)

Just bought it :)

How do you like it?

How do you like it?

It's a funny old sim. It sounds like it should be boring but I've found it relaxing and hard work. Keeping the truck in lane while turning at speed is surprisingly difficult. There's so much going on with keeping to the speed limit, indicating, staying in lane and watching out for approaching cars that I'm kept busy and haven't been able to enjoy the scenery. The detail is really nice, foreign radio, wipers, indicators, being fined for not having lights on etc.

Reversing is really difficult, I've only managed to get the trailer in place just once and at that, it was badly done. I'm playing with an XBox 360 controller so control isn't ideal but I can't see myself forking out for a wheel for one game.

I'm not sure what the longevity of the sim will be like as so far it's repetitive but not in a boring way, I still haven't earned enough to buy my own truck yet. All in all, I think the best thing I can say is that it's very charming and kind of novel. You know you're onto something good when the missus sits down to have a go and walks away smiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I downloaded the demo after seeing this thread! it is good but im finding it nearly impossible to keep the truck in a straight line, its way too easy to over correct it, so it looks like im drunk weaving all over the road!
    i assume this isnt a problem when using a wheel:confused:

bladebrew wrote: »
    I downloaded the demo after seeing this thread! it is good but im finding it nearly impossible to keep the truck in a straight line, its way too easy to over correct it, so it looks like im drunk weaving all over the road!

I'm not using the wheel and I have no problem with it, it just takes a while. I'm also much better at parking now and never use the autopark anymore.

Are you using the mouse to steer or the keyboard?

bladebrew wrote: »
    i assume this isnt a problem when using a wheel:confused:

A wheel would be better but as I'm playing with a controller I had some issues too. First off, some trucks seem to be just pigs, I had a hard time controlling a Valiant. Secondly, there are quite a few adjustments you can make if using a controller that affect the sensitivity. I think there was at least 3 settings and adjusting those made a fair difference, so have a look at those if you haven't done so already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Im just using the keyboard, no mouse, it may just take a bit of gettting used too i suppose, i have caused some hilarious accidents though, such as me looking at the lightening while my truck headed for the central reservation:o ,

but it seems to be a good game!

Advertisement