Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah I tried using the mouse at first but it was a disaster. I was crap at first, got so fed up of crashing and spending so much money on repairs that I stopped using my own truck altogether :o

But now I basically never cause any damage at all (I'm level 11 now). It's definitely worth using your own truck, once you have a few extra licenses/stat upgrades you're earning €70 per mile on some runs.

It's a cool game, I don't play it much. Only one or two drives per day, I use it as a break from studying have a heap of music into the radio folder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

So what mods are you guys using ? (If any)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

brianon wrote: »

I've got one that lets you get out of the truck and then you can take other cars etc. There's missions you can take oh and you get weapons n stuff...

Oh wait, that's GTA :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

brianon wrote: »
    haven't played in a while, but I was using the better physX mod, trailer skins, mitchellin tire skin, Volvo fix/skin, few others I can't think off. website is gone that I used to get mine off..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

This game is top of the Steam sales charts for 2 days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Is there a mod for stopping at greasy spoons along the motorway or for picking up/murdering prostitutes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

There's a mod for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I tried the demo and I think it's great. Only other simulator I like is the microsoft flight ones.

I'll be buying the full game later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Just downloaded the demo 2 hours ago and i love it, haven't got to play around much but what extra does the full game have except the ghost walls, I think i'm gonna have to buy this. (and i bloody drive for a living :confused:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Enjoyed the demo a lot so had to buy the full game. Cant wait to mod the crap outta it!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I grabbed the demo earlier...

The streets of Poznan weren't ready for me. :pac: :pac:

Managed to crash while pulling out of the depot.
    Smashed into a lamp while taking the first turn.
    Misread the satnav and ended up going up an offramp.
    Drove full speed down the wrong side of the motorway.
    Jack-knifed the truck.

Think it's safe to say, I'm not getting hired again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Heard abit about this and decided to try the demo, Christ im hooked.
    Nice game for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

only downloaded it yesterday evening, and i had the first drive after setting up my G27 wheel with the PC. Managed to get to the depot nearly incident free !! great fun. had bother in the drop off depot , got stuck on a wall a few times and reversing into place took me 5 or 6 attempts.

I will give it another hour this evening before the golf starts , but it seems a great relaxing game. although i do drive a share of heavy machinery for a living !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

cant believe im not alone in playing this haha

have me first green scania RHD running around Bremen (roads i kinda know)

its cool, on the road to groningen i actually recognised stuff ive seen on that route...such as the molecule and the joker/stack of cards on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Has anyone found an Irish map mod. It's all well and good being a living menace on the roads around Amsterdam but I really wanna do it on the M50 :P

And on a side note - only 15 euro on steam right now for anyone that's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Bump. This is ~€12 on GMG at the moment so picked it up on an impulse.

I went from laughing at how people could be playing a game that sim'd something as mundane as driving a truck..... to wondering how I'm going to pay for that 100k loan I got to buy that new truck...

Fantastically polished game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Just got this game and the eastern DLC. Level 8 with over 100 grand in the bank. I'm going to work my way up, **** the banks!

Is the physics mod any good? The handlings a bit basic as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

This is a great game to play whilst pissed :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mint Aero wrote: »
    This is a great game to play whilst pissed :D

Tis indeed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

ScumLord wrote: »
    Just got this game and the eastern DLC. Level 8 with over 100 grand in the bank. I'm going to work my way up, **** the banks!

Is the physics mod any good? The handlings a bit basic as it is.

Only thing that stopped me playing was the physics... Never really felt like I was in a big lorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Currently a fiver on Steam... Get in there, I know I am!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hooked up my G25 again mainly for Assetto Corsa,thought id reinstall some racing sims too,also reinstalled Euro truck sim2, brilliant sim especially with a wheel/pedals/shifter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I wish I'd waited till this came to steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I wish I'd waited till this came to steam.

Enter your activation code into steam, it works :)

The email with my activation code came from mailer@fastspring.com when I bought it a year ago. Try searching your email history.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Enter your activation code into steam, it works :)

The email with my activation code came from mailer@fastspring.com when I bought it a year ago. Try searching your email history.

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

Currently a fiver on Steam... Get in there, I know I am!

Baught the game and joined steam and cant find the library

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Baught the game and joined steam and cant find the library

Have you downloaded the client from the website? If so, open that and log in. Across the top you'll see Store | Library | Community, etc. Click Library. Then just click ETS2 down the side and then install in the middle bit. :)

Bought the Going East! DLC there, will be nice to have a bit more road in the east of Europe to drive. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Picked this up in the Steam sales to play using the Oculus Rift - so far, quite enjoyable! Although I'm definitely going to need to buy a wheel.

• Advertisement

Picked this up in the Steam sales to play using the Oculus Rift - so far, quite enjoyable! Although I'm definitely going to need to buy a wheel.

A great investment!

Advertisement