Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off topic golf thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Happy Christmas folks!

Plenty of golf stuff from Santa this year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Sprouts yes please. After affects no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Playing my first round in a month in the morning,that combined with 4 days on the beer doesnt make for a good score:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

That'll be +4 for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I just absolutely destroyed my toilet.

More room for fizzy Guinness now!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,007 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

TMI...TMI!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Playing my first round in a month in the morning,that combined with 4 days on the beer doesnt make for a good score:p

Comp postponed:D
    thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Seves Three Iron

Just wanted to test out this non golf section; I'm aghast at the recent extortionate increase in the price of pure orange juice. Bottle of 'no bits' Innocent now costs €3, compared to €2 a while ago. Minister, take action, now! Justice for Vitamin C lovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

ha ha love it what a post. Have noticed it myself in the last while how expensive its gone. Can't buy the concentrate crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,007 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Its funny, but from a health point of view the concentrate stuff is just as good for you!

I remember when I was young, having Orange juice in the house was for special occasions, and it was rationed :o

• Advertisement

If my Mam heard I was buying 'no bits' OJ for €3 there'd be a good leathering dished out I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,736 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

If my Mam heard I was buying 'no bits' OJ for €3 there'd be a good leathering dished out I suspect.

My mam had that tin of squash concentrate - only when an aunt from America was over she would have to get Tropican - that stuff was amazing at first , was in petrol stations in the celtic tiger years. Still is. The price of Innocent is off the wall had a chat with her about it one day - bad move , was off to play golf and mcguirks that day - the irony.

A bottle of coke is mental in some place 1.62 , never even looked at the price till recently.

But Innocent 3 euro +, a prov1 about 4 euro - there is nothing as mental as top end golf balls - sorry no golf on this thread.

A bloke told me when i was a kid that the bits in some cans of orrange were inedin

My mam used Squash Concentrate - mental stuff straight. Tropicana was a dream as a child.

Innocent is far from it on the price front - had a chat with her one day about it, on the way out the door to a top golf course and McGuirks on the way :p

There is nothing as mad as top of the range golf balls at 4 euro a piece - I don't buy but have looked , can golfers complain.

Coke 1.62 euro, mental
    Sliced Ham over 20 euro / Kg, if you don't look.

I'm awfull for not looking at prices.

Innocent started selling the juice cheap in my local Tesco a year or so ago and roped me in that way. Looked at my shopping the last time and half of it is expensive stuff that I first started getting coz it was discounted. I must be an advertisers' dream. And also a sucker.

Off to eat my pouch of Tilda Pilau rice now.

Watching 2012 - most outrageous movie ever - cool effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Coke 1.62 euro, mental
    Sliced Ham over 20 euro / Kg, if you don't look.

I'm still hanging onto my 20's, 6months left of them as of tomorrow....But I used to remember when corned beef was 99p a Lb, and ham was 2.75 a lb.
    Parents had me working in our shop since I was 7.... Let me loose on the slicing machine when I turned 10!!!!

I was the best in the business after a few years. The farmers wives used to ask for me to cut their meat especially.
    I was throwing out wafer thin ham on request long before the Celtic tiger marketers jumped on board. :)

Corned Beef (or corn beef as it was pronounced) still makes me shudder.

Those farmers used to eat their weight in luncheon or corned beef daily. Ham was a nicety saved for calving session or when they had the silage in.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭onlyfinewine

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    I'm still hanging onto my 20's, 6months left of them as of tomorrow....But I used to remember when corned beef was 99p a Lb, and ham was 2.75 a lb.
    Parents had me working in our shop since I was 7.... Let me loose on the slicing machine when I turned 10!!!!

I was the best in the business after a few years. The farmers wives used to ask for me to cut their meat especially.
    I was throwing out wafer thin ham on request long before the Celtic tiger marketers jumped on board. :)

Corned Beef (or corn beef as it was pronounced) still makes me shudder.

Those farmers used to eat their weight in luncheon or corned beef daily. Ham was a nicety saved for calving session or when they had the silage in.

From somewhere in the depths of my mind comes the word "Brawn". I never ate it but remember seeing it and thinking that it must be composed of some fairly unwanted bits to make it so gelatinous looking and very suitable for hard working men? Did you serve it?

From somewhere in the depths of my mind comes the word "Brawn". I never ate it but remember seeing it and thinking that it must be composed of some fairly unwanted bits to make it so gelatinous looking and very suitable for hard working men? Did you serve it?

No, just the holy trinity. Ham, Luncheon & Corned beef.

Corned beef is made up of some unwanted bits (well, I've never asked but can hazzard a good guess :) ) and is also gelatinous.
    I think Brawn takes it to a whole different level, from what I know, it includes corned beef and also other meat off cuts.

I can't get the smell of corned beef from my nostrils now :(

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    No, just the holy trinity. Ham, Luncheon & Corned beef.

Corned beef is made up of some unwanted bits (well, I've never asked but can hazzard a good guess :) ) and is also gelatinous.
    I think Brawn takes it to a whole different level, from what I know, it includes corned beef and also other meat off cuts.

I can't get the smell of corned beef from my nostrils now :(

Aj - you sound like Michael O'leary - did you sell scratch cards with the ham.

BTW - I'm metric on ham and imperial on wedges.

Aj - you sound like Michael O'leary - did you sell scratch cards with the ham.

BTW - I'm metric on ham and imperial on wedges.

You'd be surprise how many scratch cards I sold!
    I'd safely say there was more money wagered on scratch cards by grannies than spent in Paddy Power by their other halfs.

The old dears were gas. They'd never be seen buying them. They'd wait until the shop shop was empty... "10 scratch cards please".... Gambling grannies anonymous

BTW - I'm imperial on Ham and Majestic on Wedges :);)

• Advertisement

For those who love and hate this country and place at the one time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

With a newborn in this house i am hitting the hay early so just wanted to wish all the boardies and mods the very best in 2013. Drive it long and straight.;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

scrubber72 wrote: »
    With a newborn in this house i am hitting the hay early so just wanted to wish all the boardies and mods the very best in 2013. Drive it long and straight.;-)

Happy new year scrubber72 and all the guys and gals on here. Hope 2013 brings you all your golfing wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

scrubber72 wrote: »

Same to you scrubber and all the other posters. Happy New year all.:)

Watching New Years eve live. Don't know if we are good at these new years eve things.

What's the best way to kill a father in law?

Don't say online . Why

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Happy New Year guys. Here's to a happy healthy golfing 2013!!

Happy New Year!

Hope 2013 sees you all shoot some great rounds

• Advertisement

Hope your thin chips hit the flag and your shanks hit a tree back onto fairway,

Have a good dry 2012.

Advertisement