Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off topic golf thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Hope your thin chips hit the flag and your shanks hit a tree back onto fairway,

Have a good dry 2012.

Lol

Captain Morgan & Coke ...... Delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Happy new year all & one piece of advice...

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

My head is bursting this morning :(

mafc wrote: »

Not so good the morning after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Have a good dry 2012.
    A bit late but thanks anyway

Have a good dry 2012.

Cheers fixer. Ill just spark up the Delorean now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,713 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

First Up wrote: »
    A bit late but thanks anyway
    The age old error- takes me till about may to write 2013.
    Have a wet 2012'''''''''''''''''''3
    Ah got it wrong again
    May all your slices happen on a left to right dogleg
    May all your balls skim across the lake
    May all your kicks be towards the hole
    May you lose a noodles and find a prov1

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

mafc wrote: »

Try Captain Morgan, Ginger Ale (and a slice of lime)
    My other drink is a Guinness so try not to judge too much.

Happy New Year lads!

Father in Law survived the night...just about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Seves Three Iron

Following on from the issue of the extortiante rise in the cost of pure Orange Juice, packaged ham is also on the slide.

A good slice of pink ham used to be guaranteed. Now, for anything up to EUR4, you can expect a packet of Denny's finest grizzle, surrounded by smaller slivers of actual ham, some red in colour, some pink if you're lucky.

I can tell you my kitchen table isn't like the scene from the Denny TV ads when I open my ham. No beautiful warbling music, no family dancing around the table. Just grizzle. Chese and grizzle toastie. Nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

Luis Suarez

Man V Food (Nation)....
    Car crash TV.
    Adam Richman, the presenter, looks like he's an episode away from a heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Man V Food (Nation)....
    Car crash TV.
    Adam Richman, the presenter, looks like he's an episode away from a heart attack.

His Doctor must agree as he has quit making the show following medical advice.

I think he's still doing the Nation episodes where he travels around and other people do the challenges but his 6lb burrito days are over.

link_2007 wrote: »

His Doctor must agree as he has quit making the show following medical advice.

I think he's still doing the Nation episodes where he travels around and other people do the challenges but his 6lb burrito days are over.

Not surprised at all, remember watching it a few years ago and he was reasonably healthy looking.
    He looks like a food junkie now. He had serious hamburger sweats going on.

Not surprised at all, remember watching it a few years ago and he was reasonably healthy looking.
    He looks like a food junkie now. He had serious hamburger sweats going on.

Yea you could definitely notice him getting heavier as the seasons went on, which is hardly surprising.

That show is the ultimate Sunday hangover viewing though, spent many a Sunday afternoon on the couch watching it! Diners, Drive Ins and Dives is another good one for seeing some ridiculously unhealthy and OTT American meals.

I can tell you my kitchen table isn't like the scene from the Denny TV ads when I open my ham. No beautiful warbling music, no family dancing around the table. Just grizzle. Chese and grizzle toastie. Nasty.
    Diners, Drive Ins and Dives is another good one for seeing some ridiculously unhealthy and OTT American meals.

Nice link between these two posts, was watching a rerun of The Savage Eye last night during my insomnia. (Daughter is still down in Sligo with the in laws, I was looking forward to a good 12 hours sleep last night, ended up getting 2 hours... )

The Americans aren't the only ones that can go OTT I suppose :)

Nice link between these two posts, was watching a rerun of The Savage Eye last night during my insomnia. (Daughter is still down in Sligo with the in laws, I was looking forward to a good 12 hours sleep last night, ended up getting 2 hours... )

The Americans aren't the only ones that can go OTT I suppose :)

Speaking of **** meat - hard to go into a local shop in Ireland and get a good sausage these days. Pure ****e. Mad, because it is a national emblem at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Night feeds. Does my little one not realise daddy gets tired too?

Isn't it an absolute nightmare when you are wiping your bum and your finger goes through the paper :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

ForeRight wrote: »
    Isn't it an absolute nightmare when you are wiping your bum and your finger goes through the paper :(

****e!

• Advertisement

****e!

To the route this has gone down by Peter and Foreright- all i can say is.

My insomnia had me watching 15 Stone Babies & then Catfish on Channel 4 + 1 last night.

Well worth staying up until 3am to watch a program about adult babies (grown ups that choose to dress up in nappies and revert to acting like a child) and then onto a documentary about a Facebook relationship gone wrong.

You'd worry about the future of the human race...

Why can't people be content hitting and chasing after a small white ball around a field whilst mentally torturing themselves :D:o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Friday night shopping! Oh I am so excited! NOT

I usually do it on my own as I can have it done in about 20 mins but when her in doors decides she wants to help, it takes far too long!

I did play a few holes today, only 4 as I hadn't swung a club in about 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Friday night shopping! Oh I am so excited! NOT

I usually do it on my own as I can have it done in about 20 mins but when her in doors decides she wants to help, it takes far too long!

I did play a few holes today, only 4 as I hadn't swung a club in about 3 weeks

Tesco online - the only to shop (well I guess any online would do !!)

Just weighed myself after the Christmas festivities.... Up 10lbs since I finished work on the 20 Dec. That's nearly 3/4 of a pound weight increase every day.

Sweet Jesus :o

KPMG

Just weighed myself after the Christmas festivities.... Up 10lbs since I finished work on the 20 Dec. That's nearly 3/4 of a pound weight increase every day.

Sweet Jesus :o

lol

12 lbs for me that is 5 kg - mine was combined with off any exercise for 3 weeks.

John Daly here we go.

A reality show on utv now about z list celebs diving what a pile of absolute donkey poo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

My twitter timeline is slating it yet all the fools are still watching!

• Advertisement

Giggs pass
    RVP touch and finish

*drools*

Advertisement