Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens' rugby Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

sullivlo wrote: »
    How did the CYM/Mary's match go?

CYM won 27-7 but they were made to work hard for the win.

There are photos linked on the St. Mary's FB page if you can bear to look :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

CYM won 27-7 but they were made to work hard for the win.

There are photos linked on the St. Mary's FB page if you can bear to look :)

Ha. Does this mean I don't "like" my own team?!

Well done!

Tickets are now on sale via Ticketmaster for Ireland-Italy 6 nations internation in the Aviva. Admission is free for those with a ticket for the men's game or 10/5 Eu for the Ladies game only. The game kicks off approx. 40 minutes after the first game and is the first time that a double header international has been played in the Aviva.

The IRFU is also offering a subsidiy towards coach hire to assist clubs to travel up for the game, more details on www.irishrugby.ie.

The Leinster League Finals are being hosted this year by Edenderry RFC on Saturday. 4 finals are being played on the day...
    • 12:30 Div 4. CYM vs Old Belvedere J2.
    • 13:00 Div 3. Arklow vs Gorey.
    • 13:30 Div 2 Mullingar vs Tullow.
    • 14:30 Div 1 Old Belvedere J1 vs Clondalkin.
    Food, drink, music, face painting and entertainment will be laid on throughout the day as well as Leinsters's Rabo, Amlin, B+I and Ireland Women's RBS 6 nations trophies will also be on hand, along with mascots Leo and Leona and more.

All in all, a fun packed day for everybody :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

The Leinster League Finals are being hosted this year by Edenderry RFC on Saturday. 4 finals are being played on the day...
    • 12:30 Div 4. CYM vs Old Belvedere J2.
    • 13:00 Div 3. Arklow vs Gorey.
    • 13:30 Div 2 Mullingar vs Tullow.
    • 14:30 Div 1 Old Belvedere J1 vs Clondalkin.
    Food, drink, music, face painting and entertainment will be laid on throughout the day as well as Leinsters's Rabo, Amlin, B+I and Ireland Women's RBS 6 nations trophies will also be on hand, along with mascots Leo and Leona and more.

All in all, a fun packed day for everybody :)

Weather depending I will try pop out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Leagues done for the year. Was an interesting and enjoyable challenge (most of the time)

Hoping we can build on from this year. With CYM being promoted from div 4 it's really up for grabs next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

Three days later and I can finally move again after playing on Monday night. I really don't like playing on Astro! and with that wind there were a fair few knock ons leading to an awful lot of scrums and very very sore shoulders and backs the following few days!

Have really enjoyed playing the game though, so glad we stepped on from tag in September! Need to recruit a few more people over the summer and maybe get to play a full 15 a side game next season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Any sign of RTE/TG4 showing the games this year?

Three days later and I can finally move again after playing on Monday night. I really don't like playing on Astro! and with that wind there were a fair few knock ons leading to an awful lot of scrums and very very sore shoulders and backs the following few days!

Have really enjoyed playing the game though, so glad we stepped on from tag in September! Need to recruit a few more people over the summer and maybe get to play a full 15 a side game next season
    Drop me a PM. I live in the area and would be delighted to help you guys out recruitment wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

• Advertisement

Any sign of RTE/TG4 showing the games this year?

Tonight's game is live on 2FM radio and webstream via www.irishrugby.ie. No word on television coverage as of yet for any games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Tonight's game is live on 2FM radio and webstream via www.irishrugby.ie. No word on television coverage as of yet for any games.

I think Ireland had run in 6 tries before half time. Didn't hear the exact score but it sounds like we're giving Scotland a bit of a walloping.

I think Ireland had run in 6 tries before half time. Didn't hear the exact score but it sounds like we're giving Scotland a bit of a walloping.

It's not quite over yet, 54-0. We've ran in 10 tries so far

It's not quite over yet, 54-0. We've ran in 10 tries so far

All over, 59-0 final score

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

rte need to prioritise the senior women over the u20's!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

calfmuscle wrote: »
    rte need to prioritise the senior women over the u20's!!!

Nah! Those U20's will be the people filling the stadiums in a few short years.

Nah! Those U20's will be the people filling the stadiums in a few short years.

The women are already filing stadiums and doing their country proud;)

The women are already filing stadiums and doing their country proud;)

The second half of your sentence is true:)

The second half of your sentence is true:)

The Irfu Facebook post of the u20's final score got 130 likes in the last 15 minutes. The women got 1,500 in the last twenty.

Have a look for yourself. . . . .

The Irfu Facebook post of the u20's final score got 130 likes in the last 15 minutes. The women got 1,500 in the last twenty.

I'm not on Facebook. It's for wimmin.
    Anyway, for fear of getting banned for being a 'sexist dick'. I'll shag off now. Ye females get scary when ye swarm.

On a serious note - as a rugby fan I'm happy that the non-top-tier stuff gets such good coverage this time of year. Both the U20s and the women will get a look in on Against the Head on Monday. Most sports aren't so lucky.

• Advertisement

That's 3800 now. . .

Just back from Ashbourne. Just about dried out. Great crowd there.

I really enjoyed the game. The substitutions made it a bit "bitty" but there were some real standout performances. Lynne Cantwell, Ali Miller, Sophie Spence...

Great win but Scotland didn't put up much resistance. Hopefully there will be more of a fight next week - they need a tough game before England.

Just back from Ashbourne. Just about dried out. Great crowd there.

I really enjoyed the game. The substitutions made it a bit "bitty" but there were some real standout performances. Lynne Cantwell, Ali Miller, Sophie Spence...

Great win but Scotland didn't put up much resistance. Hopefully there will be more of a fight next week - they need a tough game before England.

England are back to full strength this year, I presume?

England are back to full strength this year, I presume?

Yeah. World Cup year and all that. But the gap between the teams is closing.

I read an interview with Cantwell on the Irish times today. She captained Richmond to the English premier league this year. 14 internationals on the team. But mostly English girls. So not only are they full strength, they are in great form!

The big challenge for Ireland this year is New Zealand in their World Cup group. First time they'll have played them.

Yeah. World Cup year and all that. But the gap between the teams is closing.

I read an interview with Cantwell on the Irish times today. She captained Richmond to the English premier league this year. 14 internationals on the team. But mostly English girls. So not only are they full strength, they are in great form!

The big challenge for Ireland this year is New Zealand in their World Cup group. First time they'll have played them.

Are the Kiwi females as scary as their male counterparts?

My wife sent this on to me. Great pic from tonight's game:-

?ui=2&ik=f50c7a9e87&view=fimg&th=143eabfb60ae8f81&attid=0&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ9tmDwwws6qmGO9twes9PsZwgj_OE_PVqwcVo3Lz4cPopIPmz3L08qnBi3Hl1zmWnv-AioKSf82HKwXT4X0f_8tPVYyF0w5WODA0LgT-_VEuBGZfEIwsMms15o&ats=1391212979143&rm=143eabfb60ae8f81&zw&sz=w1254-h496

Are the Kiwi females as scary as their male counterparts?

Yeah. Pretty much. The black ferns they call themselves :) they are semi pro (like some of the English girls) and are currently number one in the world. Really it's a toss up between them and England - there have been some great games between the two in the past few years.

?ui=2&ik=f50c7a9e87&view=fimg&th=143eabfb60ae8f81&attid=0&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ9tmDwwws6qmGO9twes9PsZwgj_OE_PVqwcVo3Lz4cPopIPmz3L08qnBi3Hl1zmWnv-AioKSf82HKwXT4X0f_8tPVYyF0w5WODA0LgT-_VEuBGZfEIwsMms15o&ats=1391212979143&rm=143eabfb60ae8f81&zw&sz=w1254-h496

Pic not working. Linked from gmail so it won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

You're going to have to save and then upload the pic.

We got a very tough draw for the WC but it must be an exciting prospect to play the best team in the world.

• Advertisement

decisions wrote: »
    You're going to have to save and then upload the pic.

We got a very tough draw for the WC but it must be an exciting prospect to play the best team in the world.

Yeah the girls are pretty psyched at the opportunity. They have never played them. They would be expected to progress from the group even with NZ there.

The women's World Cup has an odd format. They play right down to 11/12 play offs! Will post more tomorrow after I've had a chance to refresh up on it.

Advertisement