Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The mame of shame

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »
    Its akin to someone completely 'pimping' a desirable, rare and significant classic car in a really distasteful way.

Classic car enthusiasts would be bothered by that.

You might want to check what I said on that Pony thread haha

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Haha, that's gas!

Its a fair comparison too, pretty much the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Excuse the ignorance, was the Pony an arcade machine that was used in Europe? Don't ever remember seeing that shape in my youth at the seaside in the UK. When arcades used to have actual games rather than fruit machines and 2p shovers.

Master of the Universe

Excuse the ignorance, was the Pony an arcade machine that was used in Europe? Don't ever remember seeing that shape in my youth at the seaside in the UK. When arcades used to have actual games rather than fruit machines and 2p shovers.

Only place I've ever seen them in Europe was the Troc in London.

They're Japanese cabs, which were rarely imported into Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

linky no work in your post!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You're dead right there Ole Jack.
    It's surprising and not entirely plausible that so few people frequenting a site like Hyperspin would not see the abject horror of fecking up a Pony, especially, as already said, halfway through the process, it looked pretty damn good.
    Better perhaps to have done it to a AWSD or something, at least they're more common.
    I'm not posting on that forum again though, Agrajags comment about my posts in the future to be going "onward and upward" really p1sses me off, judgemental twonk.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

urbanledge wrote: »
    I have to say **** that lad.
    that was the first time I've ever been properly angry at a picture of a mame cab.
    he deserves every bit of abuse thrown at him imo!

Seriously, he deserves abuse because his tastes are different?
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You're dead right there Ole Jack.
    It's surprising and not entirely plausible that so few people frequenting a site like Hyperspin would not see the abject horror of fecking up a Pony, especially, as already said, halfway through the process, it looked pretty damn good.
    Better perhaps to have done it to a AWSD or something, at least they're more common.
    I'm not posting on that forum again though, Agrajags comment about my posts in the future to be going "onward and upward" really p1sses me off, judgemental twonk.

Ah don't say that, you've been such a great contributor to their forum in the years you've been a member... :pac:

Seriously though, maybe "troll" wasn't accurate but Agrajag is spot on in that your first post was to give out about someone else's work, hardly a great introduction or constructive even. Yes what he's done looks crap in our opinion but what's the point in posting just to be negative. Folks on here would be rightly defensive if a first poster on here was to knock someone else's work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was quite constructive, as you put it, and acknowledged the work put in, but I didn't like the work and explained why without being nasty.
    Anyway, let them at it, it's a hideous thing but then there's a lot of people who wouldn't want my AWSD in their home.

Update.......
    C8B92D76-E2C2-4DE4-B5DB-6195662B81BC_zpsgznb1ihh.jpg

553807FF-5DBF-4EEF-8275-710DD3F268DD_zpsgyk7fjlq.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D

Master of the Universe

I am hoping this isn't an artistic shot and it's actually been dumped :pac:

Where are you getting the original pics? Is there a thread dedicated to it somewhere?

• Advertisement

Definitely best left out there in the garden, pull the curtains and only reopen them when its rotted into the ground

Master of the Universe

I'd say trackball games are great craic to play on this.

trackball_zpsb4aa8a63.jpg

link in the first post to the crying tree ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I'm guessing its supposed to be a heart tree from Game of Thrones?

You'll recognise the dedicated Marble Madness and Missile Command player, they're the one with the persistent crick in their neck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I've seen this a few times before and it never fails to really annoy the living sh1t out of me...I mean WTF...WTF

I think that's a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I really really wish he was but I think he's 100% genuine.
    Check out his other vids on how to create a dice tray and zombie card game!!!
    Then this cracking gun arcade cab he has strapped together..an absolute crock of shyt3, it's hillarious

Have a read of the comments, that's what's wrong with the world!

Master of the Universe

Another cracking pair from AO

SVBUgIbh.jpg

002-Custom.jpg

• Advertisement

was that second one a skill claw machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Here are a few zingers for you... :D

074-compFinalJoysticks.jpg
    msstacie.jpg
    ngbbs4c51c70e64df1.jpg

At least no decent cab died to make these... things.

And its got a CRT so is already better than half the cabs which appear on Adverts!

wow moms arcade is from 2004,
    I wonder is it still alive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

312722.jpg

IMG_20140205_202913.jpg

I hope you like your joysticks short

Master of the Universe

357hj5u.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Oh that's gonna upset people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Jesus, that's bad.